You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Cit_the_bed

Last day to win Guineas?

12 comments in this topic

[ARP3]
Members
483 posts
11,103 battles

Anyone know when the last day to grind them is? (not last day to use them)

[-S-R-]
Beta Testers
784 posts
13,340 battles

Till this wendesday u can have +4 and then +7 day last round.

so till 12. dec.

Edited by Gandariel

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
17,437 posts
10,147 battles

The last day should be tomorrow.

[ARGSY]
Members
7,963 posts
5,457 battles
4 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Tomorrow, or a week after tomorrow? I bought the 10 guinea package and completed all the directives to date, so I should end this thing with Cossack (which I have) and eight to spare. I'm pretty sure I only have four right now.

@Kizarvexis, I summon your knowledge for confirmation!

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu
  • Cool 1

[FARQD]
Members
482 posts
6,864 battles
1 minute ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Tomorrow, or a week after tomorrow? I bought the 10 guinea package and completed all the directives to date, so I should end this thing with Cossack (which I have) and eight to spare. I'm pretty sure I only have four right now.

You can get 4 more, so it is next week. 

• Cool 1

[A-I-M]
Members
1,397 posts
7,239 battles
46 minutes ago, Cit_the_bed said:

Whatever you do, DON'T think you're safe until Tuesday of next week to grab the Cossack, if you haven'talready done so. You've been around long enough to know WoWs events are rife with end-of-event schedule "oops!!!"-es to beat the band.

[PVE]
Members
12,314 posts
8,463 battles
48 minutes ago, Cit_the_bed said:

36 minutes ago, sansfaille said:
39 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:
43 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

You can get 4 more, so it is next week. 

Sansfaille is correct. Tomorrow is the last day for Stage 2, 47th overall, and Stage 3 (48th) starts Wed, Dec 5th. Directive IV of the last Stage will drop Sat, Dec 8th and you will have until early morning Dec 12th to complete that last Stage to get up to 48 Guineas from in-game.

Patch 7.12 is looking like it will drop on Dec 19th and be 5 weeks long. That means that 8.0 is looking like it will drop on Jan 23rd and that is when Guineas will be converted to credits at the rate of 1 Guinea to 100,000 credits. Like @MannyD_of_The_Sea said, as soon as you get your 50th Guinea, you need to buy at least 2 from the shop, get Cossack. If you have not already got the 10 Guineas for $1 one-time special offer, get it as soon as you can as you need at least 2 from the shop and this is the cheapest way and gives you a buffer if you missed some Guineas.

• Cool 2

[WAG]
Members
460 posts
8,443 battles

It looks like they added an extra week? I bought the extra 10 for $1, and earned my 50th yesterday, and bought my Cossack, so not that concerned.

[PVE]
Members
12,314 posts
8,463 battles
1 minute ago, DustRhino said:

It looks like they added an extra week? I bought the extra 10 for $1, and earned my 50th yesterday, and bought my Cossack, so not that concerned.

If you bought the 10 Guineas for $1, you can end up with 58 if you earn every Guinea in-game.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
4,061 posts

And as every extra Guinea is 100000 credits, don't worry about "going over" -- if you haven't yet, go get that $1 for 10 Guineas deal while you can.

And buy Cossack as soon as you have enough.  It's not that WG would do something intentional, but their events have occasionally gone pear-shaped at the end. 

[ARGSY]
Members
7,963 posts
5,457 battles
32 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

And buy Cossack as soon as you have enough.  It's not that WG would do something intentional, but their events have occasionally gone pear-shaped at the end. 

Repeating in an appropriate font of an appropriate size, because of its importance.

Because you know someone on January 23rd (or whenever it is) is going to wind up the proud owner of 5.8 million credits after conversion and no boat.

PSA as if it were still necessary: This isn't like the Indianapolis event or any number of Tier 3 premium giveaways; the thing doesn't magically appear in your port once you hit that goal. You have to deliberately go to the Arsenal and buy it.

• Cool 2

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
4,061 posts
Just now, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Repeating in an appropriate font of an appropriate size, because of its importance.

Because you know someone on January 23rd (or whenever it is) is going to wind up the proud owner of 5.8 million credits after conversion and no boat.

PSA as if it were still necessary: This isn't like the Indianapolis event or any number of Tier 3 premium giveaways; the thing doesn't magically appear in your port once you hit that goal. You have to deliberately go to the Arsenal and buy it.

Good point as well -- the active action needed to get the ship after getting the "currency" is a bit different from many ship-acquisition events.