You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
ValkyrWarframe

Isn't Sync Dropping Against the Terms of Service?

47 comments in this topic

[TASH]
Members
5,027 posts
8,551 battles

A friend of mine showed me this, and since he doesn't know the forums I wanted to show it here.

I left the clan name in to clarify that it is an organized sync drop and not just several divisions on the same team.

gbaHWT3.jpg

• Cool 6
  • Bad 2

[ARGSY]
Members
8,073 posts
5,494 battles

I think the real problem comes when it's members of the same clan on both teams, with a pre-arranged or voice-comms-arranged agreement to throw the game on one side.

How they would even ensure that all nine of them drop into the same team together, I do not know.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu
  • Bad 1

Members
3,353 posts
1,482 battles

IIRC, sync dropping is not against the Terms of Service, unless they drop on opposing sides AND shenanigans follow.

• Cool 2

[ARGSY]
Members
8,073 posts
5,494 battles
1 minute ago, DrHolmes52 said:

unless they drop on opposing sides AND shenanigans follow.

The latter bit is the most important one. I dropped on the opposite side of someone from my clan once, and I made damn sure I took shots at him. 

[TASC]
Members
204 posts
6,553 battles

my clan does sync dropping for practice in command and control. we often end up on the other side from each other. our rule is don't shoot each other if someone else can be shot. if not sorry about your luck buddy. the rule is more about getting the team work time in so we can improve. i do it with some of the players that need the most help. 

• Cool 1
  • Bad 18
  • Angry 1

[TDG]
Members
1,526 posts
6,991 battles

Not sync drop, but I did end up in battle against my Clan Commander.

I don't remember the outcome, but the only real consideration is that he is a much better player then me.

• Cool 1

[TBOW]
Members
1,523 posts
11,441 battles
3 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

The latter bit is the most important one. I dropped on the opposite side of someone from my clan once, and I made damn sure I took shots at him. 

This, I have sync dropped with clanmates, my first message to the team, is who is the biggest threat from my clanmates on the other side and what they like to do, in the ship they are in.  If you are on the Red Team, I will do everything in my power to help my team beat you, especially if you are from my clan.  I have seen the Shenanigans part happen and happen in Ranked to.

• Cool 1

[TASH]
Members
5,027 posts
8,551 battles
1 minute ago, rutilius83 said:

my clan does sync dropping for practice in command and control. we often end up on the other side from each other. our rule is don't shoot each other if someone else can be shot. if not sorry about your luck buddy. the rule is more about getting the team work time in so we can improve. i do it with some of the players that need the most help. 

Ok that's definitely against the terms of service...

• Cool 5

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
17,486 posts
10,183 battles
16 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I think the real problem comes when it's members of the same clan on both teams, with a pre-arranged or voice-comms-arranged agreement to throw the game on one side.

How they would even ensure that all nine of them drop into the same team together, I do not know.

They hit the MM lottery with that drop. For any honest clan red = dead and the clan tag is meaningless.

16 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

IIRC, sync dropping is not against the Terms of Service, unless they drop on opposing sides AND shenanigans follow.

Yep, it is shenanigans such as giving the location of an unseen ship to the other team that is the problem.

[ARGSY]
Members
8,073 posts
5,494 battles
2 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Yep, it is shenanigans such as giving the location of an unseen ship to the other team that is the problem.

And proving it can be worse. All any one of them has to do is text a stream of alphanumeric pairs to their friends.

[ICOP]
[ICOP]
Members
791 posts
12,705 battles

We love the chance to shoot/torp/sink each other in ICOP. Bragging rights, you know. Like most anything in a public arena, there will be people who try to find some way to take advantage of it. Those people can, should be, and likely are dealt with on a case by case basis by WGing. It's a shame a relative handful of "gain any advantage regardless of what is right or wrong" players are so often able to cause problems for so many. But truth be told, I see no problem with sync-drops. I've played quite a few games and have never felt that this was being done maliciously. Not saying it doesn't happen. Only that it seems not to happen as often as some may fear.

Respects,

Am

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
6,014 posts
7,968 battles

Over at WOWS clan embassy, an entire discord server of mulitple clans is holding a sync drop competition. The obsession with 90th, is unhealthy @ValkyrWarframe Time to let it go?

Independently of this, clans have been sync dropping their divisions since clans came into existence. Nothing new about this. At one point, Wargaming did consider forcing all divisions from the same clan, to be placed on the same team. (Because there were 'complaints' about divisions from the same clan being on opposing teams)

• Bad 4

[GWG]
[GWG]
17,486 posts
10,183 battles
9 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

And proving it can be worse. All any one of them has to do is text a stream of alphanumeric pairs to their friends.

True but how many people willingly tank their stats to help someone else's?

• Cool 1

[ADOPT]
[ADOPT]
Members
4 posts
4,060 battles
4 minutes ago, LoveBote said:

Over at WOWS clan embassy, an entire discord server of mulitple clans is holding a sync drop competition. The obsession with 90th, is unhealthy @ValkyrWarframe Time to let it go?

Independently of this, clans have been sync dropping their dicisions since clans came into existence. Nothing new about this. At one point, Wargaming did consider forcing all divisions from the same clan, to be placed on the same team. (Because there were 'complaints' about divisions from the same clan being on opposing teams)

Well seems you're able to read. Clearly, @ValkyrWarframe stated that he is showing the clan name to show its an organized sync drop with members of the same clan. There is no obsession with 90th here. 

Edited by Sh1Zuk0

Members
20,815 posts
5,614 battles
35 minutes ago, ValkyrWarframe said:

I left the clan name in to clarify that it is an organized sync drop and not just several divisions on the same team.

gbaHWT3.jpg

The thing is, it's impossible to prove they did it on purpose.

Don't get me wrong, it's obvious, but there's no proof, and acting against players without some kind of proof sets a dangerous precedent...

[TASH]
Members
5,027 posts
8,551 battles
8 minutes ago, LoveBote said:

Independently of this, clans have been sync dropping their dicisions since clans came into existence. Nothing new about this. At one point, Wargaming did consider forcing all divisions from the same clan, to be placed on the same team. (Because there were 'complaints' about divisions from the same clan being on opposing teams)

This may be a bit off topic, but isn't having divisions of the same clan on the same team technically worse in terms of rigging matchmaking?  It gives one team a bit too much of an advantage.

[ARGSY]
Members
8,073 posts
5,494 battles
7 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

True but how many people willingly tank their stats to help someone else's?

IF it weren't both against TOS and thoroughly scummy, and IF I were going to do it, I might do it for a friend who had every Draconic flag under the sun, a 200% bonus mission for a premium ship on a 200% bonus day, premium time, and a monster yield ahead of them if they got a convincing win instead of a loss.

1 minute ago, ValkyrWarframe said:

It gives one team a bit too much of an advantage.

Depends how good the Clan is.

I'd still like to know how it's even possible to arrange this (in terms of ensuring it happens).

[KTFO]
Members
17 posts
6,011 battles
9 minutes ago, Amracil said:

We love the chance to shoot/torp/sink each other in ICOP. Bragging rights, you know. Like most anything in a public arena, there will be people who try to find some way to take advantage of it. Those people can, should be, and likely are dealt with on a case by case basis by WGing. It's a shame a relative handful of "gain any advantage regardless of what is right or wrong" players are so often able to cause problems for so many. But truth be told, I see no problem with sync-drops. I've played quite a few games and have never felt that this was being done maliciously. Not saying it doesn't happen. Only that it seems not to happen as often as some may fear.

Respects,

Am

We drop all the time in sincere hopes that we are always on opposite teams.  Usually this is the case and we prefer it this way.  There are some occasions that we end up on the same team, which is undesired.  We play by the "rules" and never divulge information regarding ship locations.

I do not speak for others though who may try to use it to their advantage

[KENT]
Members
5 posts
17,540 battles
1 minute ago, ValkyrWarframe said:

This may be a bit off topic, but isn't having divisions of the same clan on the same team technically worse in terms of rigging matchmaking?  It gives one team a bit too much of an advantage.

Unless it's weak clan like the one in the image, then you are at a distinct disadvantage because of their presence.

• Funny 3
  • Bad 1

[ADOPT]
Members
164 posts
3,132 battles
2 minutes ago, BoondockTaints said:

Unless it's weak clan like the one in the image, then you are at a distinct disadvantage because of their presence.

90th is top clan dude

• Cool 1
  • Funny 5

[GWG]
[GWG]
17,486 posts
10,183 battles
2 minutes ago, BoondockTaints said:

True but as I said in my first response they hit the lottery. Our experience in GWG is that the divisions are more likely to be on opposite teams or even in another match all together.

[HYDRO]
Members
2,243 posts
4,197 battles

Well, I took a look at the Terms of Service, can't seem to find anything expressly forbidding such tactics. When it comes to Game Rules however:

https://forum.worldofwarships.eu/announcement/17-world-of-warships-game-rules/

4. Inappropriate conduct in game / Fair play principles

The following actions are prohibited in game:

4.01. Intentionally damaging vehicles belonging to a player on the same team (team damage).

4.02. Intentionally destroying vehicles belonging to a player on the same team (team kill).

4.03. Intentionally blocking (blocking from front and rear) vehicles belonging to a player on the same team.

4.04. Intentionally propping (blocking on one side, where the other side of a user's vehicle touches a fixed indestructible obstacle, preventing free movement.) vehicles belonging to a player on the same team.

4.05. Intentionally informing participants of the opposing team through battle, or voice chat, the location of vehicles belonging to players of the same team.

4.06. Intentionally exploiting the physics system to damage an allied tank, plane, ship or similar actions. This includes, but is not limited to, pushing an allied tank into line of fire, pushing allied tanks off of cliffs, bridges, into water, etc.

4.07. Using bots, clickers, macros, keyboard and mouse recorders, or any other similar methods to accumulate credits and experience without the participation or with passive participation of the player within the battle (excessive and repetitive passive play).

4.08. Any conduct that is considered by Wargaming staff as disruptive to the gaming experience of others can be sanctioned in accordance to rule 1.04. This conduct includes and is not limited to: malicious and/or intentional in-game harassment, intentional exploitation of in-game mechanics or any action that intentionally goes against or abuses the game design. The application of game restrictions will always be done to protect a positive and fun gaming environment and will be applied after careful investigation and internal deliberation.

Bolded the parts I think apply to the situation. The question is, how can you prove it beyond reasonable doubt? With a picture someone can say they all entered the same battle by accident.  But if divisions from the same clan were messaging each other through chat for example, or you had the replay showing them avoiding doing damage to clan mates that could lead to punishment.

Edited by warheart1992