You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ericson38

Taking captain back to a ship you sold and later repurchased

9 comments in this topic

[KRAK]
Members
936 posts
11,406 battles

I have an18 pt Russian captain that was in my Moskva last year but is now in Shchors. If I buy the Moskva again, does he need retraining upon reassignment in Moskva ? Can captain's past ships be brought up on the bio, and where is the retraining amounts listed ?

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
177 posts
6,566 battles

If the captain was retrained into the Shchors, then yes, you will have to retrain the captain into the Moskva again. Past ship training is not kept.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
7,912 posts
5,442 battles
41 minutes ago, Drago25x said:

Past ship training is not kept.

This is a great shame. On the other hand, we wouldn't want to incentivize taking captains all the way up to Tier 10 and making them 19 point monsters, then sticking them back in Umikazes, Sampsons, Medeas, etc.

That's what we buy low-tier premium ships grind elite captain XP for. :Smile_trollface:

ETA: Commander skills, training and retraining costs here: http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Commander 

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[A-I-M]
Members
1,397 posts
7,217 battles
1 hour ago, Drago25x said:

If the captain was retrained into the Shchors, then yes, you will have to retrain the captain into the Moskva again. Past ship training is not kept.

And this is true regardless of whether the past ship was sold in the past, or has been kept.

• Cool 1

[WOLFC]
Members
748 posts
7,294 battles
10 minutes ago, WolfenRepentant said:

They get mindwiped as they move up.

So you're saying it mimics real life ... :Smile_teethhappy:

Community Department
2,333 posts
597 battles
1 hour ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

And this is true regardless of whether the past ship was sold in the past, or has been kept.

Doesn't matter if you sold ship or not. 

[KRAK]
Members
936 posts
11,406 battles

I think they ought to change this. If a ship captain has already been fully spec'd in a ship line, made it all the way to T10, then sent to reserve, then brought out of reserve at T7 ( in this case in the same line), he should not start anew (at 50% with 200K credits). Maybe some hold over credits for getting back in the saddle once more, but not from scratch (or 50%). I think this should be looked at again, and some rationale provided by WG.