You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Von_White_Bull

Player record reset

12 comments in this topic

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,775 posts
12,155 battles

There used to be a way to do it, but it would wipe all your progress and captain skills.  I'm not sure if you still can.

Members
4 posts
4,415 battles

I don't want to start a new account because I've already thrown a lot of money into this one as it is. Plus I have all my premiums that I'd be giving up, & that's not a logical option.

[SYN]
Members
3,260 posts
15,166 battles

Everyone goes through that, no one who genuinely starts this game has fantastic stats straight away. Any purple player under 500 games is almost assuredly a re-roll.

Keep doing well and it will rise naturally over time.

• Cool 2

Community Department
2,339 posts
597 battles
10 hours ago, Von_White_Bull said:

Is there a way to get a player record reset? So that I might be able to reset my win rate?

I see. Sorry, we don't have such options. There is only possibility to hide stats in the portal, so it won't be shown anywhere. 

[KP]
Members
2,066 posts
19,273 battles
11 hours ago, Von_White_Bull said:

I don't want to start a new account because I've already thrown a lot of money into this one as it is. Plus I have all my premiums that I'd be giving up, & that's not a logical option.

Find the ship in your port that is your best performer/ win rate and play it to the exclusion of all other ships. I have 1,250 battles with a 79% win rate in the Izyaslav. You need that one ship to help out when times/ teams are tough. 

[R-F]
Members
992 posts
7,030 battles

Man I feel you.  Check out the stats I accumulated on the way up my first line:

ouch.thumb.png.2c90ac74a5863e79adfb6bf39162fa3c.png

Everybody gets better though.  If this is about getting into a Clan, if they're smart they look at your record over the last few months, not your overall record.  If it's just about vanity, you can do it but the price you pay is starting over from scratch.

Alpha Tester
7,108 posts
3,722 battles

If getting into a clan is the issue they'll typically go by your 30 day WR if you're improving.

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
4,205 posts
13,787 battles

A reset will have ZERO affect on how well you play.  Your WR will converge toward whatever you are capable of at the time.  A reset will skew this closer to your current capability, but it will not make you any better.   And the delta between a reset and one's convergence value might only be a few percentage points in the long term.  A reset at 3000 games to bump one's overall percentage a couple of points in the long term isn't worth it.

As others have noted, the key to identifying a good player is not their overall WR, but their proportionately recent WR.  

If you run afoul of stat shamers, just ignore them.   Those enamored with stats will underestimate you; you can use that to your advantage.

[LEGIT]
Members
1,477 posts
22,920 battles

I didn't hit a 50% WR 'til 5K battles, and it took 15K to reach 52%.  I'm at 52.49% after 20K so you can figure how long it'll take to reach an honest 53%.  I've thought about starting a new account; but I'm steadily getting better, so I can live with that.

I would miss my OG ARP Kongo and Myoko, and my Pearl Kami R, even though I don't play them much. 

If I only played ships I'm comparatively good at, my WR would improve.  But where's the fun in that?  I occasionally have a good game in a DD, and delude myself into thinking I can play these things now!  But then I revert to my usual losing % in them.  But they're still sometimes fun to play.