Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CrymsonKyng

Santa Premium Discount

32 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
82 posts
16,963 battles

Anybody know if WOWS is gonna have a Christmas discount on 360 days Premium this year?  I got 33 days left.  Cost about 22 cents a day last year w/a few flags and doubloons thrown in. :cap_happy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
300
[LEGIT]
Members
1,474 posts
22,899 battles

Be nice.  I got it last year through Amazon Pay.  Can't do that this year I guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
862
[POD]
Beta Testers
3,284 posts
4,970 battles

now the 360 days premium is a bad deal for me, 5 days i'm working,no time to play,only have 2 days,i lose A LOT of premium days because of that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
896
[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
3,505 posts
13,624 battles

I hope they offer a deal on the new WoWs premium time that comes out with the next patch. The bonus is better for "the same price" as the shareable WoT/WoWs premium time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LHG]
Members
1,878 posts
5,389 battles
30 minutes ago, CrymsonKyng said:

Anybody know if WOWS is gonna have a Christmas discount on 360 days Premium this year?  I got 33 days left.  Cost about 22 cents a day last year w/a few flags and doubloons thrown in. :cap_happy:

Well, they didn't offer a particularly good package last year, at least not anywhere near the 50% discount on a year of time they offered two years ago.  I'm sure they will have something but I doubt it's going to be all that deep a discount and it may be for a lesser period of time. 

They might have a little special though to introduce their new "WOWS Premium Time" so you may want to watch out and see if that happens. 

Edited by BB3_Oregon_Steel
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
159
[TNG]
Members
1,001 posts
12,727 battles
7 minutes ago, Cruxdei said:

now the 360 days premium is a bad deal for me, 5 days i'm working,no time to play,only have 2 days,i lose A LOT of premium days because of that.

double check the math on that. buying prem per day is 1.50 so $3 per weekend. 52 weeks =156 dollars     buying a  year of prem at full rate is $99 getting it on sale is around $80 (once it was only $45)

so not buying a year of prem is costing you more, much more in fact.

 

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
862
[POD]
Beta Testers
3,284 posts
4,970 battles
6 minutes ago, Rilak said:

double check the math on that. buying prem per day is 1.50 so $3 per weekend. 52 weeks =156 dollars     buying a  year of prem at full rate is $99 getting it on sale is around $80 (once it was only $45)

so not buying a year of prem is costing you more, much more in fact.

 

i still need to take in to consideration that i don't use dollars,i think WG changed a little the prices here after our economical crisis.i will check it out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,253
[WOLF7]
Members
10,744 posts

Past performance does not guarantee future results. The discounts have weakened somewhat over the years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12
[WOLF5]
Members
31 posts
3,225 battles
18 minutes ago, Cruxdei said:

now the 360 days premium is a bad deal for me, 5 days i'm working,no time to play,only have 2 days,i lose A LOT of premium days because of that.

Like that, we normal folks work 5 to 6 days a week. Only time you can play more that 2 hours is on the weekend.

So a weekend pass is more suitable to our need. When money isn't too big of a issue.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
159
[TNG]
Members
1,001 posts
12,727 battles
1 minute ago, DBoy_Min said:

Like that, we normal folks work 5 to 6 days a week. Only time you can play more that 2 hours is on the weekend.

So a weekend pass is more suitable to our need. When money isn't too big of a issue.

 

again the only way that works is if you only play 1/2 the weekends or so.   otherwise a full year is cheaper. (plus its always running and you get all the free prem time handed out by WG as a result of server issues.) i ended up with an extra 30 days  this year

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
911
[SYN]
Members
3,259 posts
15,153 battles

It's always been more expensive to buy prem time in small blocks, however if you can't use it during the week it's still better value to buy small blocks when you can play.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
159
[TNG]
Members
1,001 posts
12,727 battles
6 minutes ago, Camo68 said:

It's always been more expensive to buy prem time in small blocks, however if you can't use it during the week it's still better value to buy small blocks when you can play.

 

$1.50 a day so you can buy exactly  67 days of play for the cost of 365 days of play.  how on earth is that better  if you play say 68 days ??? its better cheaper etc to buy the year. 

if you play 1 day a week its better to buy by the day,    52 days  x 1.50 =  $78.  thats it,   if you play 2 days a week  then buying a full year is better cheaper  etc,.,.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
655
[FML]
Members
2,122 posts
11,185 battles
27 minutes ago, Rilak said:

$1.50 a day so you can buy exactly  67 days of play for the cost of 365 days of play.  how on earth is that better  if you play say 68 days ??? its better cheaper etc to buy the year. 

if you play 1 day a week its better to buy by the day,    52 days  x 1.50 =  $78.  thats it,   if you play 2 days a week  then buying a full year is better cheaper  etc,.,.

What are you doing?!?! Stop trying to use facts to win an argument.

Let those people who can’t do arithmetic feel like they’re ahead by paying more - they feel better, and there will be more hampsters to turn the wheels and keep WG’s lights in, which makes me happy too.

Live and let die, man!

  • Cool 2
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12
[WOLF5]
Members
31 posts
3,225 battles
2 minutes ago, UltimateNewbie said:

What are you doing?!?! Stop trying to use facts to win an argument.

Let those people who can’t do arithmetic feel like they’re ahead by paying more - they feel better, and there will be more hampsters to turn the wheels and keep WG’s lights in, which makes me happy too.

Live and let die, man!

LOL, math wins every time.

It is the uncertainty of life prevent me from buying the full year premium straight out.

I may be able to play all weekend, may be half a day, may be 2 matches and get pulled away by family business, friends dinner etc.

I treat premium time as rental. If I really need it, I will buy. If not, I will hold off.

But if WG gonna put out 50% discount, I will certainly spend on that.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
82 posts
16,963 battles
11 hours ago, Rilak said:

double check the math on that. buying prem per day is 1.50 so $3 per weekend. 52 weeks =156 dollars     buying a  year of prem at full rate is $99 getting it on sale is around $80 (once it was only $45)

so not buying a year of prem is costing you more, much more in fact.

 

Negative.  The discount last year was $80 for 365 days with a few doubloons and flags thrown in.  22 cents a day. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
82 posts
16,963 battles
11 hours ago, Rilak said:

double check the math on that. buying prem per day is 1.50 so $3 per weekend. 52 weeks =156 dollars     buying a  year of prem at full rate is $99 getting it on sale is around $80 (once it was only $45)

so not buying a year of prem is costing you more, much more in fact.

 

Disregard my previous answer.  I misread your post.  How you say ……. Nevermind.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
222
[90THD]
[90THD]
Members
2,901 posts
2,235 battles
12 hours ago, Cruxdei said:

now the 360 days premium is a bad deal for me, 5 days i'm working,no time to play,only have 2 days,i lose A LOT of premium days because of that.

That's why Premium bonuses type Flags are good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
0
[GHOST]
Members
1 post
4,194 battles

I have 11500 doubloons, I might just buy another 13,500 with a 30 Premium pass for USD54 and use 24,000 doubloons to get another 360 days

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
836
[XBRTC]
Members
2,274 posts
8,217 battles
On 12/2/2018 at 4:31 PM, BB3_Oregon_Steel said:

Well, they didn't offer a particularly good package last year, at least not anywhere near the 50% discount on a year of time they offered two years ago.  I'm sure they will have something but I doubt it's going to be all that deep a discount and it may be for a lesser period of time. 

They might have a little special though to introduce their new "WOWS Premium Time" so you may want to watch out and see if that happens. 

 

I'm not sure how it happened, but the last time I bought premium time as a standalone item was black friday 2016 (when it had a crap discount) and somehow right now I still have 364 days remaining. There's been a couple things in the meantime that had 14-30 days of premium time attached, but other than that I must have picked it up along the way somehow? Not sure where it came from.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,342
[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,567 posts
20,078 battles

Don't hope for a big discount. Premium time was at -15% @WoT.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
142
[BSL]
Members
865 posts
15,020 battles
On 12/3/2018 at 9:12 AM, StoptheViolins said:

I got most of my premium time from Santa Boxes and the occasional Premium Ship Bundle for 30 days, etc.

I just realized yesterday that I didn't see any Premium in my Santa boxes this year.:cap_happy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9
[WOLF6]
Members
70 posts
3,836 battles

I wish there was a way that when you win premium time it would come in a special crate or something that you can open when you have the time to use it. There have been about 7 or 8 times now I won time only not being able to use it because I was leaving for work after have just won it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
271
[WOLF6]
Members
725 posts
4,313 battles

I just picked up 360 days of premium for $3

I used 20000 gold from world of tanks that I haven’t played in over a year and bought 500 more gold for $3. And used the gold to buy premium.

logging in to wot to purchase to premium tune netted me a few more days of premium that were given for maintenance downtime in tanks

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
82 posts
16,963 battles
On ‎12‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 4:21 PM, pepperct said:

I wish there was a way that when you win premium time it would come in a special crate or something that you can open when you have the time to use it. There have been about 7 or 8 times now I won time only not being able to use it because I was leaving for work after have just won it. 

Ditto

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×