Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
cgbosn4

Bad, no HORRIBLE Sunday and Dreadnought Marathon

30 comments in this topic

[USCG]
Members
287 posts
13,918 battles

Part 1: Think I went 2-10 in randoms today so stick a fork in me, I'm done.  Just one of those things I guess but wanted to throw out a big "ATTA-BOY" the the person in the Massachusetts with 167 random games under their belt and a 35% win rate.  Nice job and know your limitations please!

Part 2: Does anyone else think the Dreadnought marathon is a bit steep for a tier 3 battleship?  Challenges/marathons in the past had you do certain things like collect XP, damage, torp hits, fires,win games, etc.  I've never had a problem completing these within a few weeks time, unless like the Cossack, things are spaced out more.  This marathon will be based on being able to play almost everyday & twice on Tuesdays (just kidding).  Like others, I work during the week and might get some time in the evenings to play a a few games.  However, to play six games, win the last four AND get the required XP amount is a rather difficult thing to do, especially since I'm currently on a losing steak...  Yes, you can do it in co-op (which is how I got my two today) but that takes time as well.   It's also the silly season and players will be away visiting friends and/or loved ones.  Miss a few days and you can kiss that Dreadnought good-bye.  Now, for the full time basement dweller, 40 daily challenges probably isn't much to ask.  However, I feel 30 daily challenges would be a bit more realistic for most "part time" players.  I simply ask that WGing think about the average working player (who has $$ to spend on other things) and make challenges like this a bit more realistic.

I'm off the soapbox...

• Cool 3

[USCG]
Members
287 posts
13,918 battles
1 minute ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

What are the Dreadnought Mission requirements?

1 minute ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

You have to complete 40 of 62 possible daily challenges. The challenges are what we’ve been doing for the last six months or so (250 xp, 500 xp, 1,000 xp & win) to finish one chalk, etc. The requirements are listed in the December missions/challenges page.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
17,269 posts
15,775 battles
17 minutes ago, cgbosn4 said:

You have to complete 40 of 62 possible daily challenges. The challenges are what we’ve been doing for the last six months or so (250 xp, 500 xp, 1,000 xp & win) to finish one chalk, etc. The requirements are listed in the December missions/challenges page.

That sounds easy then.  It's what we're already doing.  It's not having you doing silly things Campaign Missions send you off to do such as in the Halsey and Yamamoto Campaigns.

Like a bunch of other video game holiday events it's designed to put Butts in Seats playing their games :Smile_Default: If you play a lot to begin with this will be no problem.  Some days I complete 2 Dailies worth, some just 1.

For those that don't know, go into your Combat Missions tab.  The "Daily Mission Dreadnought" is there.  Hell, you probably already worked on it yesterday and didn't even know.  I didn't know myself until I saw this thread :Smile_trollface:

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
4,061 posts

Doubling it up with the Dailies we're already doing is a great idea for a tier III ship like this. 

It gets an iconic ship that's stuck at lower tiers due to its actual capabilities, out to the players without a big extra ask. 

[SCTFB]
[SCTFB]
Beta Testers
4,021 posts
16,002 battles

Getting a free ship for doing something I was planning on doing any ways. Seems ok to me

[-I-]
Members
155 posts
8,154 battles

My gripe with the Dreadnought missions is that they cannot be completed in clan battles.  Between real-life priorities, four nights of clan battles, plus the looming holidays, the time required to partake in everything is extreme for a tier III battleship, albeit a historical one as Dreadnought.  Here's hoping they put it in the arsenal for something, because getting it for free on my end isn't happening.  Had the missions been doable in CB's, that would be a different story.

• Cool 1

[WOLF9]
Members
7,593 posts
3,231 battles
1 hour ago, cgbosn4 said:

I'm off the soapbox... 

I feel you.  Six chain wins every day for 20 days over the Holidays is a lot to ask.  Best way to do it is in Scenarios, if you can get a decent division going.

I wouldn't feel locked in to this, though.  I'm sure Dreadnought will be in the store shortly.

Edited by iDuckman

[USCG]
Members
287 posts
13,918 battles
6 minutes ago, Triela50 said:

Getting a free ship for doing something I was planning on doing any ways. Seems ok to me

Yes, I agree BUT there is a limited amount of time to do this.  Example, if you complete one daily challenge every day in December that's 31.  So, for nine of those days you'll have to do both to get the ship.  Maybe I can play for hours on the weekend but I can still only get a max of two per day.  I'd rather it be based on other challenges that don't require me to play everyday because sometimes I can't...

[DAKI]
[DAKI]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,958 posts
4,858 battles

I don't seem to be able to find the mission ingame. Is it something we have to opt into?

I already have Dreadnought so that might be it.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
4,061 posts
4 minutes ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

I don't seem to be able to find the mission ingame. Is it something we have to opt into?

I already have Dreadnought so that might be it.

It's called "Daily:  Dreadnought", and should be right next to the Daily Easy etc missions that count of how many daily chains you completed.

[DAKI]
[DAKI]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,958 posts
4,858 battles
7 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

It's called "Daily:  Dreadnought", and should be right next to the Daily Easy etc missions that count of how many daily chains you completed.

Oh I see it now. lol I feel like a muppet now. Couldn't WG have used another image to differentiate it from all the 'daily' missions? 

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
4,061 posts
Just now, Super_Dreadnought said:

Oh I see it now. lol I feel like a muppet now. Couldn't WG have used another image to differentiate it from all the 'daily' missions? 

I saw it pop up in my after-battle results, and for a moment I thought that they'd added a 4th level to those missions... it wasn't until I read it that I remembered the Dreadnought acquisition mission. 

[4HIM]
Members
2,062 posts
5,471 battles

I feel ya.  Played a battle this morning and we got stomped.  Our CV only managed one kill, and that was our friendly Sims.  Looked him up post game.  32% WR.

But yeah, this mission for me is a no-go right from the start.  Unless I take a vacation to complete it.  If everything lines up just right, at best I'll be able to do 30 of those missions.  For many who work, you may have well have said "Sink 7 Italian cruisers in one battle, win, and survive" or something equally silly.  

[LEGIT]
Members
1,477 posts
22,920 battles

"Hi, I'm Marty Stouffer, and welcome to Wild America.  This week we look at lemmings."

• Cool 1

[NG-NL]
Members
5,337 posts
8,949 battles
1 hour ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

That sounds easy then.  It's what we're already doing.  It's not having you doing silly things Campaign Missions send you off to do such as in the Halsey and Yamamoto Campaigns.

Like a bunch of other video game holiday events it's designed to put Butts in Seats playing their games :Smile_Default: If you play a lot to begin with this will be no problem.  Some days I complete 2 Dailies worth, some just 1.

For those that don't know, go into your Combat Missions tab.  The "Daily Mission Dreadnought" is there.  Hell, you probably already worked on it yesterday and didn't even know.  I didn't know myself until I saw this thread :Smile_trollface:

I don't have the Daily Mission Dreadnought--isn't it the campaign WG said you need to buy? Think saw that announcement, but not 100% sure remember right.

[BUOY]
Members
264 posts
8,852 battles

The Dreadnought's mission requirements are, imo, somewhat absurd considering it is at its fastest, 20 days long of grinding out 5,350 BXP per day (or 107,000 BXP minimum in total, 7k more than it took to get the ARP Takao) in chunks that don't carry over, don't count aside from victories and can't be ground in Clan Battles or still takes at least 3 battles (2 needing to be wins) totaling 1750 BXP AND an additional 9 second chains completed (86,650 BXP minimum in total).

Compare that to the Vampire's missions (completable in co-op and scenario game modes with the restriction of T4 or higher) of sink 20 ships, win 7 battles, grind 25k ship xp and finally do 750k damage... and could all be done in a single day!

Dreadnought should have been a 20 mission reward.

[USCG]
Members
287 posts
13,918 battles
12 hours ago, KilljoyCutter said:

I don't think any of the Daily chains need to be a win except the first 250 base XP one.

If memory serves, you need to win part three of the first daily (1,000 XP), and all three of the second daily (1,100, 1,200, 1,300). These can be done in co-op which is pretty much a guaranteed win but since you earn much less XP in co-op it takes more battles.

[PVE]
Members
7,194 posts
12,389 battles
14 hours ago, Reymu said:

I don't have the Daily Mission Dreadnought--isn't it the campaign WG said you need to buy? Think saw that announcement, but not 100% sure remember right.

No the one you buy will be to collect steel.

The Dreadnaught mission shows to the right of all the daily mission ones and looks exactly the same so read the titles carefully.

[PVE]
Members
7,194 posts
12,389 battles

My issue with the Dreadnaught missions is the sheer number required. Yes it is stuff we do anyway (ie; daily missions) so it stacks but there are just so many required, during a Holiday period, that many people won't complete it. I have more time than most to play and not sure I will have the time to do it either. I actually finish getting my 3rd daily crate long before finishing the daily #2. It is a LOT of playing each day to do this. Would have preferred a standard mission setup for it. But, it is what it is. Not going to lose sleep if I don't get it.

Edited by AdmiralThunder

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
4,061 posts
10 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

My issue with the Dreadnaught missions is the sheer number required. Yes it is stuff we do anyway (ie; daily missions) so it stacks but there are just so many required, during a Holiday period, that many people won't complete it. I have more time than most to play and not sure I will have the time to do it either. I actually finish getting my 3rd daily crate long before finishing the daily #2. It is a LOT of playing each day to do this. Would have preferred a standard mission setup for it. But, it is what it is. Not going to lose sleep if I don't get it.

Strangely, I get the two dailies done long before I get to that third crate.

Sign in to follow this