BunnyInABoat

I'm betting this has been covered, but..

14 comments in this topic

Members
1 post
1,074 battles

... wth is up with the torps and TKing?  How is this a thing? Torps with ranges over 10 miles, and if some [edited] teammate gets killed 2 mins later it's still your fault?

• Funny 4
  • Boring 1

Members
1,842 posts
5,759 battles

This game has it right, you are responsible for your weapons. This is not a shoot and hope game!!!

• Cool 3
  • Angry 1

[HYDRO]
Members
2,220 posts
4,185 battles

If you fire your fish and hit someone by mistake, you gotta take responsibility, same as in real life :Smile_hiding:

• Cool 2

[-GS-]
Beta Testers
2,280 posts
19,850 battles
10 minutes ago, Raven114 said:

This game has it right, you are responsible for your weapons. This is not a shoot and hope game!!!

Your still in the learning stage with a 176 battles under your belt

Members
4,709 posts
7,075 battles
34 minutes ago, BunnyInABoat said:

... wth is up with the torps and TKing?  How is this a thing? Torps with ranges over 10 miles, and if some stupid teammate gets killed 2 mins later it's still your fault?

It's like you copied War Thunder for game dev mistakes, and then also copied their strategy of ignoring them.

C'mon. It's not hard. 

I'm also betting my gaming dollars would be best spent somewhere else, this game isn't quite mature yet. 

Players have enough to worry about with red ships without being worried much of the time about players firing torps from behind them. It's very immature to do that. Only fire when you are sure you don't have a chance of hitting friendly ships regardless of distance.  This is on you...like it or not.  Same with your guns. I am seeing MORE players recklessly shooting torps these days to the point that I waste a LOT of time avoiding this kinda thing. I have hit friendlies by accident but never thought of this as anything but my own fault. 

Edited by dmckay

Members
1,857 posts
506 battles
9 minutes ago, KURT_WOLFF said:

Your still in the learning stage with a 176 battles under your belt

did you quote the wrong person by mistake??? LOL...
But yes... OP you have 176 games... and are complaining about something you should really already know going in CLEAN... DONT FIRE AT YOUR ALLIES!!!! I mean really... wth

aElym7p.jpg

• Cool 1

Members
1,857 posts
506 battles
40 minutes ago, BunnyInABoat said:

... wth is up with the torps and TKing?  How is this a thing? Torps with ranges over 10 miles, and if some stupid teammate gets killed 2 mins later it's still your fault?

It's like you copied War Thunder for game dev mistakes, and then also copied their strategy of ignoring them.

C'mon. It's not hard. 

I'm also betting my gaming dollars would be best spent somewhere else, this game isn't quite mature yet. 

its not the game mate...... and maybe you should spend your $$ elsewhere so We dont get hit by your irresponsibility to TK team mates...

[ARRGG]
Members
4,831 posts
7,976 battles
39 minutes ago, BunnyInABoat said:

C'mon. It's not hard. 

You shoot em, you own em, My Yeuyangs Torps are over 13 k if I see a friendly that could potentially get hit ,I do not launch,It’s uncountable the number of times my Torp warning  goes off and look for enemy Torps front and sides .. but know some freakin friendly numskull launched Torps  behind me hoping I will not turn into them

• Cool 1

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,854 posts
13,052 battles

So it's my fault for not dodging 10 mm torpedoes from behind while I'm angled tanking ti re e f et on red and dodging  15 torpedoes fired from the enemy.....

How about I just fire my torpedoes in your direction, causing you to dodge and show broadsides to that enemy cruiser who insta deletes you....

Seems fair right?

[5D5]
Members
2,525 posts
15,584 battles

First post and such salty behavior from the OP. Too bad you came to rant instead of looking to learn something.

Given the number of games he's played it struck me as odd that he would hit someone with torpedoes 2 minutes later so I checked his stats.

The OP has recently acquired an Asashio B with those 20 km torps. Given he's only up to T4 Clemson and the rest of his DDs are T3 I don't think he understands what can happen when you launch those long range torps in high tier games.

• Cool 1

Community Department
2,335 posts
597 battles
21 hours ago, BunnyInABoat said:

... wth is up with the torps and TKing?  How is this a thing? Torps with ranges over 10 miles, and if some [edited] teammate gets killed 2 mins later it's still your fault?

Sorry for you bad experience with our system. It works well enough. And you were warned for damaging your teammates as were intended.
You may find the article about it here: https://na.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wows/article/19168/
If you fire please be attentive not to damage anyone from your team. Or highly likely you'll receive a punishment. 
Also please don't use any offensive words against others. It's not there fault if they don't expect fire from behind.