You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Njanear

Not believing it - 1st Supercontainer ship

28 comments in this topic

Members
122 posts
16,125 battles

I had gone for what seemed like forever without a 'decent' Supercontainer and thought that I had made out on Friday when I got one for 15,000 coal.  Imagine my surprise today when my 1st container up was a SC.  Figuring that it was another bundle of flags or camo, I was really shocked when I saw the ship image pop up.  I then started laughing when I looked closer...  What I won was the Boise & a 10pt captain.  Why laugh?  

I bought the Nueve De Julio back in July and am finally within 8K of completing the mission... for a free Boise.  Sadly, the duplicate will only bring credits that I do not need - doubloons would have been nice.  Oh well...  I won a ship. :) 

NOTE:  I only do Resource Containers - the TYL ones have only disappointed me so I save my gambling for Premium Crates. :) 

Edited by Njanear
  • Cool 6
  • Funny 2

[F4E]
[F4E]
Members
283 posts
11,812 battles

Congrats on the SC & ship. I got a SC myself today. I got 50 of the La Fer Der Green something another camos. Sad thing is I already have tons of camos :cap_win: 

Edited by HyPHerFaZe
spelling

[BNKR]
Members
233 posts
1,936 battles

Nice!

i don’t pick the TML option very often. I’ve been playing about a year, on and off, and have had a grand total of two SCs. Neither a bote. 

Edited by CatSnipah
  • Cool 1

Members
122 posts
16,125 battles
8 minutes ago, CatSnipah said:

Nice!

i don’t pick the TML option very often. I’ve been playing about a year, on and off, and have had a grand total of two SCs. Neither a bote. 

Actually, I never do TML anymore.  This and the 15K coal came from resources containers - I am coal-greedy. ;)

20 minutes ago, _WaveRider_ said:

Congrats! :Smile_honoring:

Thanks

10 minutes ago, HyPHerFaZe said:

Congrats on the SC & ship. I got a SC myself today. I got 50 of the La Fer Der Green something another camos. Sad thing is I already have tons of camos :cap_win: 

Thanks.  I actually like those funky camos. :)  The last camos I got were the Gamescon and I want to say that was only a 25 pack.

• Cool 1

[A_51]
Members
870 posts
19,274 battles

Reading here about the recent ship drops in super containers, I decided to opt for Try My Luck instead of my usual choice of More Resources when selecting a container.  The good news is it only took about 5 tries to get a super container.  The bad news is I got 50 Valentines Day camos.  Well, back to More Resources for me.

[IBAD]
[IBAD]
Beta Testers
121 posts
3,557 battles

About a year ago I was letting my then 4 year old daughter play for me in coop (with a lot of steering from me). We had enough xp for a container and I asked her what she should choose, and she wanted to try our luck. She rolled an SC and I thought "cool, maybe a module or flags (no coal at the time)." Imagine my surprise when an Atago with a 10pt captain dropped. She was ecstatic and now whenever I take it out of port I ask her if it's ok since its "her" ship. 😀

• Cool 11
  • Funny 3

[SUGAR]
[SUGAR]
Members
4,487 posts
15,503 battles
41 minutes ago, Njanear said:

I had gone for what seemed like forever without a 'decent' Supercontainer and thought that I had made out on Friday when I got one for 15,000 coal.  Imagine my surprise today when my 1st container up was a SC.  Figuring that it was another bundle of flags or camo, I was really shocked when I saw the ship image pop up.  I then started laughing when I looked closer...  What I won was the Boise & a 10pt captain.  Why laugh?  

I bought the Nueve De Julio back in July and am finally within 8K of completing the mission... for a free Boise.  Sadly, the duplicate will only bring credits that I do not need - doubloons would have been nice.  Oh well...  I won a ship. :) 

I am a big enough man to admit how petty and shallow and jealous I am. I'm happy for you..kinda…

just kidding Congrats!

Image result for golf clap

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[DS-DL]
Members
100 posts
8 minutes ago, pongping2002 said:

About a year ago I was letting my then 4 year old daughter play for me in coop (with a lot of steering from me). We had enough xp for a container and I asked her what she should choose, and she wanted to try our luck. She rolled an SC and I thought "cool, maybe a module or flags (no coal at the time)." Imagine my surprise when an Atago with a 10pt captain dropped. She was ecstatic and now whenever I take it out of port I ask her if it's ok since its "her" ship. 😀

image.png.5752f55cb6f501ccebe04f25a5e874d2.png

After all, any LAN party or family visit is tantamount to being infested with ants, Antmageddon is crossing the streams.

Edited by i_r_sensitive

[LEGIT]
Members
1,771 posts
25,477 battles

Well done!  I've played 20K battles and always get the TYL containers and have only got ONE ship from a supercontiner.  Rare indeed.

[A_51]
Members
870 posts
19,274 battles
11 minutes ago, pongping2002 said:

WG likes to suck them in early.  Cute story.

[CHASE]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,936 posts
10,915 battles

I got a hood out of a super container, that's the best I've pulled

[ERN]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,228 posts
5 minutes ago, Amenhir said:

This is what I got the last time I opened a SC.

denis.gif

SC's don't exist. They're a myth created by WG in order to give false hope the the untermenschen masses...

[RKN]
Beta Testers
1,100 posts
9,864 battles
2 hours ago, pongping2002 said:

Your daughter is literally  Lady Luck.

[O_O]
Members
5,190 posts
11,795 battles

I have been keeping track of my super container pulls since September 2017:

Spoiler

9/12/17 - TYL super container = 50 Ocean Soul camo.  I had 35 regular containers.

9/14/17 - TYL super container = Defensive AA Fire mod 1.  I had 4 regular containers.

Two super containers for owning 2 T10 ships during WoWS 2nd Anniversary event = 100 Juliet Charlie signals, and 100 Juliet Charlie signals again (ouch!)

9/20/17 - TYL super container = 50 Halloween 2016 camo.  I had 13 regular containers.

9/22/17 - Two super containers from Stage 3 of Yamamoto campaign = 50 La Fheile Padraig 2017 camo, and Smoke Generator mod 1.

10/12/17 - Two super containers from Stage 4 of Yamamoto campaign = Spotting Aircraft mod 1 (sigh) and Engine Boost mod 1.

10/16/17 - TYL super container = 25 Red Dragon flags.  I had 46 regular containers.

11/13/17 - signals super container = 50 Wyvern flags.  I had 51 regular TYL and Signals containers.

11/14/17 - signals super container = 50 Halloween 2016 camo.  I had 2 signals containers. 

12/3/17 - signals super container = 50 Ouroboros flags.  I had somewhere in the neighborhood of 30-40 containers.

12/23/17 - TYL super container = 50 Gamescom camo. I had 32 regular containers.  (This is my favorite of the non-historical camo...one of the few I do like)

1/4/18 - two super containers from Containers of the Past mission = 100 Sierra Mike signals, and 50 Restless Fire camo.

1/27/18 - TYL super container = 7 days premium time.  I had 69 regular containers.

2/2/18 - TYL super container = 25 Red Dragon flags.  I had 13 regular containers.

2/6/18 - TYL super container = Defensive AA Fire mod 1.  I had 5 regular containers.

3/13/18 - TYL super container = 100 Zulu signals.  I had 60 regular containers.

3/20/18 - TYL super container = 100 Equal Speed Charlie London signals.  I had 9 regular containers.

3/21/18 - TYL super container = 50 Valentine's Day camo.  I had 1 regular container.

4/15/18 - super container from Varyag Marathon, Part 1 = 1,000 doubloons.

5/29/18 - TYL super container = 25 Red Dragon flags.  I had 99 regular containers.

6/12/18 - TYL super container = 50 La Fheile Padraig 2017 camo.  I had 21 regular containers.

6/25/18 - two super containers from mission 2 of "Hit Hard, Hit Fast, Hit Often!" campaign = 100 November Echo Setteseven signals, and Damage Control Party mod 1.

6/26/18 - TYL super container = 1,000 doubloons.  I had 21 regular containers.

7/4/18 - TYL super container = 100 Ouroboros flags!  I had 13 regular containers.

8/6/18 - Resources super container = 50,000 Free XP.  I had 53 resources and TYL containers.

8/16/18 - Resources super container = 25 Ouroboros flags.  I had 15 resources containers.

8/20/18 - two super containers from mission 3 of "Hit Hard, Hit Fast, Hit Often!" campaign = 100 Juliet Charlie signals, and 50 Halloween camo.  (yuck on both)

09/06/18 - super container from "3 Years of WoWS" collection = 50 Restless Fire camo.

09/12/18 - two super containers from mission 4 of "Hit Hard, Hit Fast, Hit Often!" campaign = 50 Dragon flags, and 15,000 coal.

09/16/18 - 7 super containers for owning T10 ships during 3rd WoWS Anniversary event = 100 India X-Ray signals, 100 November Foxtrot signals, 100 India Delta signals, 50 Gamescom camo, 1,500 steel, 25 Red Dragon flags, and 50 La Fheile Padraig camo

10/02/18 - TYL super container = 50 Ouroboros flags.  I had 80 resources and TYL containers.

10/15/18 - Resources super container = 25 Scylla flags.  I had 22 resources containers.

10/17/18 - Resources super container = 50 Gamescom camo.  I had 3 resources containers.

11/27/18 - TYL super container = 100 India X-Ray signals.  I had 33 resources and TYL containers.

11/30/18 - Resources super container = 50 Dragon flags.  I had 6 resources containers.

No ships, yet.  Precious little premium time or doubloons, also.

[WOLF9]
Members
9,414 posts
4,243 battles
3 hours ago, Njanear said:

What I won was the Boise & a 10pt captain.

Nice one!  I have lusted after Boise since it came out. 

Members
122 posts
16,125 battles

Thanks, all.  I must say that the bonus to this is that the ship dropped with a 10pt Captain - in looking back at the Nueve mission, he was only going to be 6pts. 

Desmo: nice record of tracking your SCs.  I swear that I have gone much longer between them than you - so I am hoping a ship is right around the corner for your port.  Fingers crossed!

Beta Testers
1,286 posts
15,655 battles
7 hours ago, Njanear said:

Good job, typical SC content for me is......

sc.JPG