Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
dmckay

Arsenal...signals?

12 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1,011
Members
4,680 posts
6,861 battles

I got a pretty good amount of coal and I want to buy some signals (fire time reduction, flooding reduction, etc. etc.) from the arsenal.  I know the usefulness of signals can vary from ship to ship but as a rule what do you think are best ones to have basically?. I am getting low on these and am not sure what to get....just would like advice as to what you consider best.  Tks!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16
[MINVY]
[MINVY]
Members
99 posts
3,441 battles

What ships do you like? The consumable -5% signals are handy any ship you play. Dd det. Signals are a must if you like destroyers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
203 posts

I run CAs mostly, so 2 that I always like to fly if available are November Echo Setteseven (for the extra AA) and Victor Lima because I love to give BB capts heartburn :cap_haloween:

p.s.  Don't forget to use the 25/50% off signals coupons.

Edited by Slammer58
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,011
Members
4,680 posts
6,861 battles
18 minutes ago, Slammer58 said:

I run CAs mostly, so 2 that I always like to fly if available are November Echo Setteseven (for the extra AA) and Victor Lima because I love to give BB capts heartburn :cap_haloween:

p.s.  Don't forget to use the 25/50% off signals coupons.

O ya...I forget to mention I play cruisers for the most part. Just wondering what other much more experienced players like when it comes to mounting signals.  I am a little bit confused at times as to what is best.  Just looking for input.  Tks!  I have a pretty good amount of battles but just would like input and tks again.

Edited by dmckay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16
[MINVY]
[MINVY]
Members
99 posts
3,441 battles

The fire adder signals if you want to bump your fire setting. If you can afford the economic signals you can boost xp and credits.  I'm doing 4 eco type and four performance type most of the time. In ops I might go heavy eco for farming xp. If you have cruiser with heal the heal buff signal is great too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
1,089 posts
14,110 battles
7 hours ago, dmckay said:

O ya...I forget to mention I play cruisers for the most part. Just wondering what other much more experienced players like when it comes to mounting signals.  I am a little bit confused at times as to what is best.  Just looking for input.  Tks!  I have a pretty good amount of battles but just would like input and tks again.

Speed is life ...my most coveted flag is SierraMike.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,779
[PSP]
Members
6,687 posts
9,799 battles

I buy the two basic economic signals so that I can play my tier X ships. That is, other than the Des Moines, which has the Freedom permacamo and prints credits. Once, I bought some camo but I now find that I usually get enough of it from events. This past month has been especially good for collecting camo and I've gone from nearly empty to nearly 300 of them. I wait for coupons before buying the economic signals. One other signal that I get if I have the coal is the speed boost, which really works well with fast DDs.

I find I usually get enough from crates but I also fly the flooding and fire reduction signals on my cruisers. These have saved my bacon more than once.

 

 

Edited by Snargfargle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
807
[NG-NL]
Members
5,110 posts
8,516 battles

Commander XP flag if farming elite XP. Zulu's a must-have if got Premium ships for farming credits. Sierra Mike is probably your best purchase since the extra 1-2 knots is handy on DDs, but I have noticed cruisers can abuse them since BBs don't expect you to be running that fast (they tend to learn by the 3rd volley though).

Dreadnought and HC flags are also nice if unable to farm them. I've found Lion/Conqueror/GK have more than enough healing power to manage it easily. HC's always tricky. Rest are very meh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48
[PRDEF]
Members
81 posts
4,011 battles
2 hours ago, SgtSpud said:

Speed is life ...my most coveted flag is SierraMike.

I run Sierra Mike on every ship if I'm not low on them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
146
[-WTP-]
[-WTP-]
Members
596 posts
5,973 battles

I'm a fxp junkie so I'll usually pick up some fxp flags when I have the coupon or don't want anything else. When you have tons of those you can literally run it on everything. Haven't played a stock ship in a very long time, don't intend to in the future either :D

Edited by HeathenForay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,095 posts
10,465 battles
14 hours ago, dmckay said:

I got a pretty good amount of coal and I want to buy some signals (fire time reduction, flooding reduction, etc. etc.) from the arsenal.  I know the usefulness of signals can vary from ship to ship but as a rule what do you think are best ones to have basically?. I am getting low on these and am not sure what to get....just would like advice as to what you consider best.  Tks!!

Depends on the tier but if it's high level my must have flag is Heal.  -  India Delta

Fire chance flags are best used with Destroyers. Cruiser base fire chance is already much higher.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×