You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Kraayt

Musashi and Kronstadt premium shop question.

10 comments in this topic

[BEARS]
[BEARS]
Beta Testers
195 posts
5,619 battles

Yet another question about these two ships.   What are thoughts about them becoming available in premium shop after FXP and/or Arsenal removal?

I have enough coal for one, bunch of FXP for the other....but there are other ships either coming up or already available that are desirable also.   I don't remember what, if anything, has been said about the ships coming back for cash or doubloons (if/when they add that feature).

Tyvm in advance.

[ARGSY]
Members
7,185 posts
4,880 battles

Given the absolute ragesplosion that occurred after Jean Bart was sold for actual money, thus enabling inexperienced players to bypass the need to generate elite ship XP, I do not think this idea will be very warmly received.

I understand that they are now available as supercontainer prizes if you are lucky. So there is that. 

[TSPC]
Members
2,380 posts
7,261 battles
11 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Given the absolute ragesplosion that occurred after Jean Bart was sold for actual money, thus enabling inexperienced players to bypass the need to generate elite ship XP, I do not think this idea will be very warmly received.

I understand that they are now available as supercontainer prizes if you are lucky. So there is that. 

Realistically both are available currently in the premium shop to anyone with 750k elite xp.

Now, if someone had paid to convert the fxp via doubloons and bought $100 worth of dubs and then the ship shows up for $70? They could be annoyed pretty rightfully in my opinion.

[WOLF6]
Members
351 posts
4,931 battles
1 hour ago, Kraayt said:

Yet another question about these two ships.   What are thoughts about them becoming available in premium shop after FXP and/or Arsenal removal?

I have enough coal for one, bunch of FXP for the other....but there are other ships either coming up or already available that are desirable also.   I don't remember what, if anything, has been said about the ships coming back for cash or doubloons (if/when they add that feature).

Tyvm in advance.

I wouldn't depend on it . If you want either of those two you better grab them now . As far as SC's go , I've yet to get a ship from any container , the odds of getting what you want from one are astronomical .

[WOLF9]
Members
3,360 posts

The temptation to go on a spending spree with FXP is real.   I've got over 3 million of em.   Mainly just waiting for the official announcement of how Alaska will be released and for how much.

But Kronstadt, and Nelson are tempting possibilities...   If anything, just to give me a taste of what "Large cruiser" play is like; and because Nelson gets a lot of positive press for being a good BB.  (even if it is hideous)   The tech tree RN BB's suck the proverbial donkey balls, but Hood is fun, and Warspite can be occasionally amusing.  Maybe Nelson will be the RN battleship I actually like??  (Orion doesn't count since they nerfed it.)

[STAR]
Members
2,736 posts
8,003 battles
2 hours ago, Kraayt said:

I dont tjink so, at least not any time soon. 

2 hours ago, Kraayt said:

Just get them if you can, there will be plenty of time to grind more free XP or coal later. We dont know when or even if both ships will return, this might be your last chance to get them. 

I was saving coal for JB, but ill get Musashi intead. JB can wait...

[PQUOD]
Members
455 posts
6,893 battles

I got the Musashi and happy that I did. It has the same rifles the Yamato has in T9. It carries well in T10 matches as well. The main weakness is it has poor AA. However T9 and T10 matches with CV's are few and far between.

[RKN]
Beta Testers
1,052 posts
9,627 battles
1 hour ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

I got the Musashi and happy that I did. It has the same rifles the Yamato has in T9. It carries well in T10 matches as well. The main weakness is it has poor AA. However T9 and T10 matches with CV's are few and far between.

Honestly a T10 CV is going to nuke you no matter what BB you’re skippering.

• Cool 1

[PQUOD]
Members
455 posts
6,893 battles
1 minute ago, SavageTactical said:

Honestly a T10 CV is going to nuke you no matter what BB you’re skippering.

True, but if a CV captain sees a known weak AA ship opposed to a known strong AA ship. Odds are he will go after the weaker AA ship. However you are correct, if a CV captain wants to single you out, your probably toast.

[RKN]
Beta Testers
1,052 posts
9,627 battles
18 hours ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

True, but if a CV captain sees a known weak AA ship opposed to a known strong AA ship. Odds are he will go after the weaker AA ship. However you are correct, if a CV captain wants to single you out, your probably toast.

That’s fair. Mush has the dubious combination of not only being vulnerable but also a valuable target.