Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Panzer20000

Godzilla: King of the Monsters toy models for Rodan, Mothra, and Ghidorah revealed

9 comments in this topic

Supertester
994 posts
267 battles

So Toyko comic-con started and at the convention they revealed toys for the three new monsters.

Rodan:

SH-Monsterarts-Rodan-2019.jpg

Mothra:

SH-Monsterarts-Mothra-2019.jpg

King Ghidorah:

tumblr_pj1j7zvCOw1qcqjsdo1_1280.jpg

I have to Say, King Ghidorah looks amazing. And while Mothra's new design is kinda strange at first, it does make sense since it now allows her to actually fight rather then "flap my wings and pray."

• Cool 4

[HINON]
Supertester
19,657 posts
13,234 battles

I'm ... undecided about Mosura. You're right that this redesign would allow her to fight on more equal terms with the other Kaiju, but it'll still take some getting used to, for me. I remain hopeful - Rodan and King Ghidorah look great.

[BLHK]
Members
474 posts
3,673 battles
1 hour ago, Lert said:

I'm ... undecided about Mosura. You're right that this redesign would allow her to fight on more equal terms with the other Kaiju, but it'll still take some getting used to, for me. I remain hopeful - Rodan and King Ghidorah look great.

Well she was already OP so I am not sure what the point of buffing her further is. In my eyes at least I have never seen a King Ghidorah model I did not like. The whole basic design of the creature ooze drama and excitement.

[HINON]
Supertester
19,657 posts
13,234 battles
12 minutes ago, MG1962 said:

Well she was already OP so I am not sure what the point of buffing her further is.

*He says about the Gojira-verse Kaiju that has canonically died more than any other one.

Also, Monsterverse seems to be moving away from the magical powers and more towards a (somewhat) more realistic setting, so she'll likely won't have her full suite of magic powers. Giving her some melee ability seems more than reasonable to me. It's just the design of the body that irks me a bit in this version. Looks too - .... humanoid? I don't know how to explain. Her lower body, I mean. She'll probably look better in motion in the movie.

[BLHK]
Members
474 posts
3,673 battles
1 minute ago, Lert said:

*He says about the Gojira-verse Kaiju that has canonically died more than any other one.

Also, Monsterverse seems to be moving away from the magical powers and more towards a (somewhat) more realistic setting, so she'll likely won't have her full suite of magic powers. Giving her some melee ability seems more than reasonable to me.

But she does have the highest win rate against Gojira than any other opponent he has faced.

Admittedly she has the lowest DPS of any of the creatures, but that is coupled with an alpha strike that makes the Graf Spee blush :)

Supertester
994 posts
267 battles

Bonus, they also revealed the godzilla march theme at tokyo comic-con, and it sounds amazing:

(Person overlayed the original trailer's footage)

[SOUP]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,774 posts
1 hour ago, Panzer20000 said:

Bear McCreary is doing the soundtrack? AW HELL YEA~   I wonder how many bagpipes he'll hide in there

Supertester
994 posts
267 battles
10 minutes ago, Chobittsu said:

Bear McCreary is doing the soundtrack? AW HELL YEA~   I wonder how many bagpipes he'll hide in there

Yeah, looking forward to hearing his score, specially for the themes of the other monsters he is also remaking for the film.

[SOUP]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,774 posts
3 minutes ago, Panzer20000 said:

Yeah, looking forward to hearing his score, specially for the themes of the other monsters he is also remaking for the film.

Oui~

And for those who don't know who we're talking about, it's this mad-lad:

Sign in to follow this