You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CodyClanktank

Thankful and Grateful Mission, part 3

40 comments in this topic

Members
5 posts
5,897 battles

I am working through the four Thankful and Grateful combat missions to get the Black Friday containers.  The first two parts were fine - 50K XP and 50K commander XP were obtainable with signal flags and camo within a day or so.  The third part requires 50K free XP to get the container.  Since free XP is awarded at about 1/20th the rate of base XP, I am only getting about 1K free XP per day.  I am already using the papa papa signal and camo to boost free XP, but I don't see how to finish this by the 12/7 deadline.  How are the rest of your getting through this?

• Angry 1

Members
14 posts
1,273 battles

It's either a cruel joke or I'm missing something. It's definitely not worth burning all the camo's and flags for one BF Container.

[SPV]
Members
251 posts
6,128 battles

The last two have been garbage. If the third crate unlocks more crummy camo, I'm going to be jolly cross.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
373 posts
7,112 battles

I decided I'm not going to worry about it, I won't complete it so the mission is dead to me

• Cool 1

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
9,049 posts
9 minutes ago, Kraken_Rum said:

It's either a cruel joke or I'm missing something. It's definitely not worth burning all the camo's and flags for one BF Container.

This is true. All I've gotten in the Black Friday containers is something like 2 camouflage. This is hardly worth burning special free-xp flags for, unless you want to collect free xp for some other purpose too.

[CUTER]
Members
812 posts
21,852 battles

I think playing Clan Battles might help this.  2500 base xp in each win will rack up 50k free xp really quick if using the right camo/signals.  I was getting 22k fxp a game the other night.

Edited by Kongo_Pride

[RM-I]
[RM-I]
Members
853 posts
7,275 battles

Already finished this. Ourobouros signal ( or however it is spelled) is the way to go for free xp. 

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,820 posts
21,006 battles
33 minutes ago, CodyClanktank said:

I am working through the four Thankful and Grateful combat missions to get the Black Friday containers.  The first two parts were fine - 50K XP and 50K commander XP were obtainable with signal flags and camo within a day or so.  The third part requires 50K free XP to get the container.  Since free XP is awarded at about 1/20th the rate of base XP, I am only getting about 1K free XP per day.  I am already using the papa papa signal and camo to boost free XP, but I don't see how to finish this by the 12/7 deadline.  How are the rest of your getting through this?

It takes about 5 or 6 matches with a full flagged DD playing Dynamo to get the required Free XP. Find some players, division up, and farm it. 

15 minutes ago, gprix84 said:

The 4th part of this mission is 50k base xp not fun at all

Yeah IMHO this is the real PITA leg of the mission since signals/camo does not help. Again, Dynamo is a good OP for this because you can get 2-3k per win playing it. Some of the other ops may pay more but honestly I only played them to get my 5 star win and haven't bothered with them again so not sure. 

[SYN]
Members
7,420 posts
12,571 battles
18 minutes ago, Kongo_Pride said:

I think playing Clan Battles might help this.  2500 base xp in each win will rack up 50k free xp really quick if using the right camo/signals.  I was getting 22k fxp a game the other night.

Don't think CBs count towards this mission. Could be wrong of course, but pretty sure I would have the last (BXP) part done if that were the case.

[INTEL]
Members
10,488 posts
29,322 battles
17 hours ago, CodyClanktank said:

Dynamo. With Papa, 777% FXP camo, and other signals in Sims, you can easily do 20-25K FXP with shooting down 50-60 planes. Here is a perfectly ordinary Sims game

unknown.png

With gunboat DDs you do about a third of that as  I recall offhand, but still good. 

You need to be in a four player match to  do this. 

Edited by Taichunger

[INTEL]
Members
10,488 posts
29,322 battles

Should add that Atlanta will also do well even spec'd for Captain points as I was here. This is Narai

unknown.png

[XBRTC]
Members
2,840 posts
8,997 battles
44 minutes ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

Don't think CBs count towards this mission. Could be wrong of course, but pretty sure I would have the last (BXP) part done if that were the case.

They do. I finished the final part tonight in clan battles.

First four boxes were 5k FXP each... last one was 2 camos. Yay for wasted time.

[WOLFC]
Members
1,560 posts
16 minutes ago, LT_Rusty_SWO said:

First four boxes were 5k FXP each... last one was 2 camos. Yay for wasted time.

Yeah, I stopped worrying about this mission after opening the first 2 crates.  Thanks for the info.

[FML]
Members
2,694 posts
12,441 battles
2 hours ago, CodyClanktank said:

Yes, you really need the flags and camos to get this one done. 

I used various dragon flags on my Tirpitz with the Taersech (sp ?) camo to get about +1000% bonus - still took about 8-10 battles to get over the line. 

Of course, the black containers only yielded 2 camos...

Members
40 posts
5,345 battles

I got nothing but camo until the last two crates from finishing the chain tonight. Those gave me 250 doubloons and an Atago B. So I guess the grind was worth it for me, but YMMV.

[AWP]
[AWP]
Members
1,016 posts
2 hours ago, CodyClanktank said:

at high tier, and with just the 777 and 333 % flags, you can get 750-1k free xp pretty reliably. it's grinding as [edited]. The next one is more annoying 50k base xp rofl

Members
4,094 posts
15,015 battles
2 hours ago, gprix84 said:

The 4th part of this mission is 50k base xp not fun at all

Yeah, that took one day shy of forever to do.

[WOLF2]
Members
289 posts
15,642 battles

for the third one you need the special flags, will be very easy

the 4th one however is pure grind.........

looks like lot of people are getting a free tier 8 "black" ship from the containers lol

[WOLF9]
Members
9,679 posts
4,290 battles
4 hours ago, Taylor3006 said:

It takes about 5 or 6 matches with a full flagged DD playing Dynamo to get the required Free XP. Find some players, division up, and farm it. 

Do Dynamo with 5 (or even 4) players.  The total BXP awarded seems to be fixed. so the fewer the players the more each gets.

With 2000+ BXP and some serious cam/flags, it will eventually succumb.  Now I'm about 1/5 of the way into the 4th part.

[ARGSY]
Members
12,360 posts
7,848 battles
7 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

This is true. All I've gotten in the Black Friday containers is something like 2 camouflage. This is hardly worth burning special free-xp flags for, unless you want to collect free xp for some other purpose too.

This is the important part. For those grinding FXP as fast as possible before the Musashi and Kronshtadt are removed, this part has flown by already.

The key, OP, lies in having lots and lots of the special dragon flags that stack ship and free XP, plus really juicy camo. Generally this involves buying crates of some sort from the premium shop or having accumulated them in various activities, and is not a method open to all. I used to have oodles of them and I've pretty much burned through the lot.

[O_O]
Members
5,234 posts
11,966 battles

The +100% first win bonus going on this weekend really helps.  That, coupled with the signal and camo stacking Edgecase describes (linked in post #12 above), can earn you 50k Free XP pretty quickly.