You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
LTGSERIALBUTCHER

25.5km penetration on a Yamato

14 comments in this topic

Members
35 posts
4,324 battles

I am new so forgive me, I did search this topic but came up nil

I landed a penetration shot for about 5 or 6k of damage on a Yamato at 25.5km from my Yamato in Co-op with my first salvo of the game, I impressed myself but I am fully aware that others probably have landed damaging shots from much further, what is the longest range shot for damage anybody has landed in this game?

Edited by LTGSERIALBUTCHER

[INTEL]
Members
8,808 posts
26,251 battles

Citadels with Montana at 30 kms on a parked CV, using spotter. 

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
1,439 posts

double citadel with Yamato from 33km on a Montana. Plunging fire is a beautiful thing.

One-shotted a full HP Lexington from 28km.. again, with Yamato. kekeke

• Cool 1

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,552 posts
12,192 battles
42 minutes ago, LTGSERIALBUTCHER said:

I landed a penetration shot for about 5 or 6k of damage on a Yamato at 25.5km from my Yamato in Co-op with my first salvo of the game, I impressed myself but I am fully aware that others probably have landed damaging shots from much further, what is the longest range shot for damage anybody has landed in this game?

3 citadels on a Yammy from my Republique in a clan wars.... 26 km.

• Cool 1

[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
1,887 posts
8,336 battles
1 hour ago, LTGSERIALBUTCHER said:

I want to say ~25km 17k salvo on a Ingressing Ranger with my North Carolina. 

But my most impressive memorizing shot to date goes way back to around the first new years of release. OLD, ORIGINAL  Baltimore or North. My memory is a bit fuzzy but O thoroughly remember that shima running away at 17.5km; i want to say i dev struk him but that would be disingenuous.

To this day, i still haven't hit DDs that far on any course with those USN 8/55s; and I've played them almost every session since.

Edited by Crokodone
  • Cool 1

[REVY]
Members
6,106 posts
5,104 battles
1 hour ago, LTGSERIALBUTCHER said:

It's an old video.  But the guy stealth fires a Yamato at 36.7km, destroys an Izumo with a citadel hit.

Edited by Sventex
  • Cool 1

[ZIPPO]
Members
1,589 posts
3,603 battles

I did 2 separate citadels on a Yami in my NC using my max range build at around 28ish km, first salvo hit him for a good chunk, 2nd wasn't as big but he decided to stop bow camping and started moving

[-CIV-]
Members
281 posts
2,405 battles
1 hour ago, Sventex said:

It's an old video.  But the guy stealth fires a Yamato at 36.7km, destroys an Izumo with a citadel hit.

Absolutely disgusting. XD Thanks for sharing that!

Members
2,266 posts
1,039 battles
17 hours ago, Taichunger said:

Citadels with Montana at 30 kms on a parked CV, using spotter. 

Admit it, it felt good.

• Cool 1

[MIA-A]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,073 posts
7,882 battles

I've gotten a few maximum range with spotter hits in clan battles, a lot of them in random battles. It's not hard to fill Kurfursts traveling in a straight line full of citadels with Yamato shells at that kind of range. It was a lot more difficult to land AP shells at maximum range to citadel battleships with Yorck and lot more satisfying, so of course WG needed to ruin that experience with the Yorck "buff". 

4ec1c08663.png

[ADOPT]
Members
91 posts
2,695 battles

I think my longest range ever dev strike was a 24km dev strike at the beginning of a battle, at a full health hindy with my yamato.

Edited by mixmkz