You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
db4100

I Am So Tired Of the Stat Shamers

311 comments in this topic

[LWA]
Members
729 posts
11,012 battles

This is getting old.  When a jerk-off player wants to win an argument they will look up your stats and say "you only have a 48% win rate, so shut up, I win"

I am tire of being told to shut up because of my win rate.....

You know what?  To hell with this,  I am going to hide my stats.  Those stats are for me and for me only.  No on else needs to see my stats.  In fact, is it possible to erase my stats?  I don't need stats if others are going to use them to constantly put me down.

• Cool 22
  • Funny 15
  • Boring 7

[HINON]
Supertester
21,226 posts
14,826 battles

If you do that, people will just keep seeing your current stats and any improvements you make will be hidden.

• Cool 12
  • Funny 1

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,519 posts
12,810 battles

Also people will assume you hide them because they are poor, and will rip you anyways.

• Cool 8

[WOLF1]
Members
2,651 posts

i agree, like me constantly climbing the tech tree and 1/3 of the time in handicapped configuration, vs someone keep playing his 1 favorite ship with all the goodies and premium stuff, plus the WG MM playing a much more important role than players, win rate doesn't mean much, seriously

if you really want to compare stats, damage done per game is a much better indicator of individual player's skill, 100% correlation, than the win rate, which you only count for 1/12th on average, very weak correlation with individual skill

Edited by Happy668
  • Cool 4

[_-_]
Members
2,146 posts
1 minute ago, crzyhawk said:

Also people will assume you hide them because they are poor, and will rip you anyways.

Which is why I find it not only helpful but delightfully irritating to the trolls not to give a rat's aft what other people think. :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 7
  • Funny 2

[HINON]
Supertester
21,226 posts
14,826 battles
5 minutes ago, So_lt_Goes said:

Which is why I find it not only helpful but delightfully irritating to the trolls not to give a rat's aft what other people think. :Smile_teethhappy:

^

Trolling the afthats. It's what I live for.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 3

[TOY]
Members
65 posts
3,835 battles

i agree..also when did people stop complimenting players who play well or support the team, yesterday i was plying my Montana and there was someone in a Alsace that stayed close and supported me the whole game ..he was a really great team mate so i sent a compliment ..he messaged me and said he hadent gotten a compliment in months 

• Cool 3

Members
852 posts
3,813 battles

Stat shaming is always a no go but for me, it's reasonable to use someone's stats against them if they are the ones trash talking and being toxic.

• Cool 2

[HYDRO]
Members
3,467 posts
4,940 battles

Stat shaming is quite silly and definitely not needed.

That said, stats can be an indicator of how well you understand certain game mechanics that differentiate you from the average playerbase and show your improvement.

Edited by warheart1992
  • Cool 3

[WOLF1]
Members
2,651 posts
6 minutes ago, kasag said:

i agree..also when did people stop complimenting players who play well or support the team, yesterday i was plying my Montana and there was someone in a Alsace that stayed close and supported me the whole game ..he was a really great team mate so i sent a compliment ..he messaged me and said he hadent gotten a compliment in months 

lol, i gain 4 karma last week, which is not a bad thing

Edited by Happy668

[S-N-D]
[S-N-D]
Members
2,437 posts
6,657 battles
23 minutes ago, db4100 said:

This is getting old.  When a jerk-off player wants to win an argument they will look up your stats and say "you only have a 48% win rate, so shut up, I win"

You know what?  To hell with this,  I am going to hide my stats.  Those stats are for me and for me only.  No on else needs to see my stats.  In fact, is it possible to erase my stats?  I don't need stats if others are going to use them to constantly put me down.

Report them. It's name and shame. Granted most do not but it is the exact definition of it. A person is being singled out publically and shamed because of stats.

Edited by _Caliph_
  • Boring 1

Members
4,094 posts
15,015 battles

IMHO, anyone who takes his/her accomplishments in a online game seriously, to the point where they think that they're superior to others, is not someone to take seriously. Those online game stats wont get them hired, paid, or laid.

Just ignore or laugh at them and enjoy playing the game.

• Cool 14

[SALVO]
Members
21,353 posts
21,595 battles
13 minutes ago, db4100 said:

You may not like this, but there really are times when your stats matter.  If you like or dislike a map, stats don't matter.  If you're talking about naval history, stats don't matter.  If you're talking about things like details of how to play ships well, then a player's stats do start to matter.  You may not like it, but the reality is that I've seen people with bad stats try to argue about things and they were clearly making very bad arguments and their lack of experience, lack of understanding of basic game mechanics, and so on really showed.  And as a result, their opinions were not respected much.

• Cool 16
  • Boring 2

[GOFU]
Members
936 posts
9,911 battles

LSee my IGN it reflects my performance,  we had a tier x win the other day and top of the charts was a 44% WR overall so like all of us they sometimes perform quite well. I still like and play to win but don’t stress over it anymore 

[STW-D]
Members
206 posts
20 minutes ago, Lert said:

If you do that, people will just keep seeing your current stats and any improvements you make will be hidden.

That depends -- Warships today will indeed just show the frozen stats.  Wows numbers will just show blocked.  More importantly, matchmaking monitor will just show 'blocked stats'.

Sorry to say, but I do prefer my stats to be blocked.  (Or in the turkey shoot weekend as a turkey, having almost no stats at all.)

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,142 posts
5,955 battles

we judge people based on the clothing they wear and their external beauty.it's all arbitrary but it's something very few people can control it.

[VOC]
Members
83 posts
64 battles

OP. Very good topic. OC it's your choice to hide stats or not. But know one thing: stats are telling part of the whole story. Seeing yours I see an excellent spread in ships: classes and nations. So cuddo's for that my friend. My advice: don't let those "super unicum" morons tell you you're a bad player. Least of all believe their [edited]. The only advice I can give you is to play more in division. In a 2 or 3 div you have much more influence of the outcome of a battle than playing alone. My POV: the harder players scream, the worst they are in this game in 99% of the cases. That 1% in which they are right, you'll see it and actually learn from them. The rest you can throw out of the window as garbage.

Also I know Forummates will take you infinitely much more serious if you have the guts to keep your stats open. Asking for their help will benefit you all the more when keeping your stats open.

• Cool 1

[DAKI]
[DAKI]
Beta Testers
2,484 posts
5,774 battles

Good players are not immune either. If they can't stat shame you, they'll just pick on you for something else. I've had people attempt to shame me for my performance, then instead start insulting my selection of ships that I play.

Don't let them get under your skin, if they can't shame your stats - they'll shame something else instead.

Mute them and move on.

[-TDF-]
Beta Testers
898 posts
4,241 battles
34 minutes ago, Lert said:

^

Trolling the afthats. It's what I live for.

Your a cat. Being a troll is mandatory...

25 minutes ago, Crucis said:

You may not like this, but there really are times when your stats matter.  If you like or dislike a map, stats don't matter.  If you're talking about naval history, stats don't matter.  If you're talking about things like details of how to play ships well, then a player's stats do start to matter.  You may not like it, but the reality is that I've seen people with bad stats try to argue about things and they were clearly making very bad arguments and their lack of experience, lack of understanding of basic game mechanics, and so on really showed.  And as a result, their opinions were not respected much.

^This.

• Cool 2

[SUGAR]
[SUGAR]
Members
4,537 posts
15,711 battles
57 minutes ago, db4100 said:

Usually the person that does that knows they are wrong and uses that as leverage. As Jimmy V said, Don't give up, Don't ever give up.

They may be wrong, you may be wrong... but go down swinging!

[ARP]
Members
306 posts
17,483 battles
55 minutes ago, crzyhawk said:

True ^

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
848 posts
7,839 battles

Hiding your stats is one aspect to reduce this.

Though if people abuse others in game on their choices of action etc, and the player abusing them is dead, and questioning them, I tend to look up stats then as its really sometimes the pot calling the kettle black.

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,493 posts
15,488 battles
1 hour ago, db4100 said:

2 people hide stats: those that can't reach 55%, and those who don't want you to know how unicom they are.

I hover around 48%.

I know all the how to's of unicom play, but I lack the ability to put it into play 24/7.

I just am glad I finish top 5 most of the time.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1