You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
TheGreatBlasto

How far up the Pan Asian line to go?

25 comments in this topic

[BROOK]
Members
1,628 posts

I'm playing the Gadjah MAGA currently and have the Hsienyang unlocked.

The Gadjah is a schweete bote but I'm leery of going past it based on a number of CC reviews on YT. Then there's the point that most T9s are Meh botes.  :Smile_sad:

The nerfing of the T10 also really put a dent in my ambitions with this line.

Is the T8 worth getting? She sounds like a downgrade from the Gadjah. Heck, everything above the Gadj sounds like a downgrade.

:Smile_child:

• Boring 1

[LRM3]
[LRM3]
Members
433 posts
5,995 battles

I just acquired the Hsienyang and have noticed that the torps seem to perform better. Plus, the option for smoke or radar is a plus. Besides that, it seems the same as far as guns go.

[WOLFB]
Beta Testers
719 posts
5,514 battles

Look at it this way, you know DD play gets dumped on despite having the lowest damage per tier per class. You know that radar has made a hash of high tier play making DD's even more cautious and vulnerable at a level where play is generally boring and cautious across the board to begin with. 

Anything above T7 is for DD's isn't worth the time really, best DD play is T5-T7. If your working a line finish it off by playing the T8 and above to get the daily boost and leave it alone that's how I finished off two lines and will finish a third.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[DAKI]
Beta Testers
2,411 posts
4,023 battles

8 is ok.... nothing good or bad. the 9 decently good. the YY is only worth getting in competitive

[HINON]
Supertester
19,566 posts
13,172 battles

Get at least Gadjah Mada. The rest is optional.

• Cool 1

[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
1,887 posts
8,336 battles

The t8 (Hsienyang) is a totally different experience that has to be played very diffently than the six gun rocking Gadja Mada. 

Hsienyang literally surrenders 2 guns for the option to switch out smoke for a 15s radar and an extra 1.5km on your deepwater torps.

Otherwise the Hsienyang has the exact same concealment and none of the utility of Benson; she's not a good ship if you don't know how to flaunt the utility game; she is certainly weaker in a gun fight than Gadja Mada.

As for T10 Yueyang, after the huge avalanche that fell on her guns, I'd wait till she's buffed because you can't keep DDs at bay with deepwater torpedoes or stop them with slowed 5/38. 

If t9 doesn't bother you, Chung Mu is very comfortable and competitive to tell the truth; otherwise wait until WG recognized the were overly harsh on Yueyang.

• Cool 2

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,329 posts
10,390 battles

I'm almost to the tier 9. then I'm stopping. no need to get a gymped tier 10.:fish_book:

[VOC]
Members
81 posts
63 battles

YY has been nerfed to oblivion IMO. I won't touch that boat anymore. When I want to play a battle ship with slow reload I'll take one. The P.A. torps are deepwater so it can't harm any DD anyway. But after the nerf I don't want to make an appointment for next week Friday to land my spread before the next reload. I'd say until T9 it's still a nice line to grind. YY seems to go down the drain after Shimakaze. Once one of the most feared DD's. Now the laughing stock of the schoolyard.

[BROOK]
Members
1,628 posts
28 minutes ago, misanthrope0 said:

Look at it this way, you know DD play gets dumped on despite having the lowest damage per tier per class. You know that radar has made a hash of high tier play making DD's even more cautious and vulnerable at a level where play is generally boring and cautious across the board to begin with. 

Anything above T7 is for DD's isn't worth the time really, best DD play is T5-T7. If your working a line finish it off by playing the T8 and above to get the daily boost and leave it alone that's how I finished off two lines and will finish a third.

Pretty much agree with everything you said. I'm having a very good time with the Gadjah and Lightening. 

[USNR]
Members
746 posts
9,052 battles

I love the Gadjah.  I stopped there because I had the Lo Yang and that is all the higher tier Pan Asian I feel I need.  It just doesn't seem like the higher tiers are truly worth the effort to me.

[-GS-]
Beta Testers
1,902 posts
19,307 battles
24 minutes ago, TheGreatBlasto said:

Pretty much agree with everything you said. I'm having a very good time with the Gadjah and Lightening. 

Hey Joey how you doing been a while , listen I sent you a xmas gift and if you're lucky you may end up with two black's  good  luck  Joey  …………….

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,552 posts
12,192 battles

Tier 7 & 9 are the best boats in the line.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,895 posts
15,672 battles
2 hours ago, TheGreatBlasto said:

there's the point that most T9s are Meh botes.  :Smile_sad:

The nerfing of the T10 also really put a dent in my ambitions with this line.

You should watch Jingles youtube video of the game Flambas sent in of his T9/PanAsian DD match; it will change your mind about "meh" T9 botes.

[BLUE_]
Members
408 posts
14,866 battles

HYang (tier 8) is meh... she is inferior to her sister clones, Lo Yang (hydro) and Benson (fire power). Then Chung Mu (tier 9) she became one of my favorite ships to play, her torpedoes are one of the most reliable in the game and reload quickly and deal a lot of damage (basically a gimmicky Fletcher, but still not retarded levels like Minotaur or Daring)... then theres YY (tier X) :Smile_sad:

So it is worth to get the tier IX, but the tier VIII is odd and the tier X is not worth anymore outside competitive.

[ARRGG]
Members
4,751 posts
7,683 battles

Yueyang is still fun although Radar is a fail for me in Random because of its limited range and the number of ships in Random were more often than not the DD you just radared has backup so you’ll take a beating when your revealed however in Ranked Radar is the order of the day we’re often it’s one on one DD play

[ARGSY]
Members
7,109 posts
4,839 battles

I called the Gadjah my highest-tier PA-DD. Up to Tier VII, the line is an interesting hotchpotch of designs from various places. Alhough British destroyers or paper designs heavily based on them predominate at Tier III, V and VII, there are enough in-betweens to make it a heterogenous and fascinating grind.

But the last three are basically clones of the US destroyers at the same tiers, without the ability to torpedo other destroyers (Lo Yang, as a premium, being the exception). While I know the DWT's have their compensations and there are other side-benefits too, the line loses its interesting flavour for me at that point. I would rather grind the originals and be able to punish unwary smokescreens.

[SIDE]
Members
750 posts
3,465 battles
15 hours ago, Lert said:

I fully agree with this. Since the YY Nerf I sold my YY and retrained my captain for the Gadjah Mada. It has that "Sweet Spot" MM, Having good concealment of 6.1 (with full stealth build), 2x5 8km deep water torps, and a very aggressive gun angles. (two of them can spin a full 360 degrees) and a fantastic fire chance (8%). Since i've swapped my YY Captain to the Gadjah Mada, I've been a happy camper.

If you REALLY like high tier games, I would go up to the Chung Mu (tier 9.) It's simply on par or even better than the YY now, the Gun, DPM is almost exactly the same, You sacrifice 3km torp distance for having it reload 55 seconds faster, but the torps do more damage. (Chung mu 19kish vs YY 16kish) Also don't forget that you are a tier 9 DD, so that you do have a chance of seeing a tier 7-9 game, as well as forcing the enemy team to get another tier 9 ship to go against you than getting a tier 10 that normally has a much better improvement over the tier 9 version.

Edited by Merlox

Members
46 posts
2,623 battles
34 minutes ago, y_vonne said:

all the way!!

my first & only T10~Yueyang

I'm so sorry!  Guys, this one needs some hugs, now!  And maybe some puppies.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Members
0 posts
17 hours ago, Lert said:

How you can tell when somebody reads the title, but doesn't bother reading the post.

The T8 kinda sucks. Chung Mu at T9 is very good. YY at T10 is still good, despite people complaining about the nerf. It was a heavy nerf, but still worth getting.

[WORX]
Members
1,996 posts
13,477 battles

Well IMO, i depends what tier you like to play in (for me is not tier 10). Which PA-DD is fun to your play style (for me its none of the above). Once you know the answers of these questions, only then will you have your best PA-DD boat in port.

[M_INC]
Members
100 posts
6,596 battles
On 12/2/2018 at 11:43 AM, Rainman106 said:

I'm so sorry!  Guys, this one needs some hugs, now!  And maybe some puppies.

yes, plz. one of each :)

[CAST]
Members
1,258 posts
7,768 battles

I never did well in the Hsienyang, mostly because I kept getting put into T10 games and was severely disadvantaged against T10 cruisers and T10 DDs.  Once I got to the Chung Mu, it was great.  The T9 can hang with the T10s and is an amazing ship.  I can't comment on the Yeuyang because I don't have enough games on it yet.

So, I'd continue up to at least the Chung Mu.  Eventually, you will even get to the Yeuyang just by playing the odd game in it, and it will be enjoyable.