You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Murakumo_96

Why everyone should play Clan Battles

34 comments in this topic

[B2P]
Members
281 posts
7,784 battles

Is pretty simple the rewards are very nice, and I don't mean just the steel, flags and premium time, but the rewards for each win.

A 2500 base XP for avery battle makes any multiplier you have a lot of the 2 next point especially:

1.- Commander XP.

You can make a crazy amount of Commander XP with the new flag added, I don't have a result example for this because I built for other type of XP wich is my next point.

2.- Free XP.

Are you short in Free XP? Do you want the Kronshtadt/Musashi before they are removed? Do you want to skip the Izumo!? PLAY SOME CLAN BATTLE!

Seriusly, in a very succesful night you can make 100k Free XP, easy.

Here is an example in one of my battles:

Spoiler

shot-18.11.28_20.25.55-0887.jpg

As you can see, you don't have to do 300k damage or cap 4 bases alone, you just have to win!

Don't let people discourage you to play Clan Battles, they give a ton of rewards and you learn a lot of the game. Even if you lose, you can see what positions the enemy team took and learn from them, you learn how to counter ships you tought to be OP, you can test ships you don't have with the rentals. There are a ton of benefits playing Clan Battles, don't let them go!

• Boring 2
  • Bad 1

[H_]
Members
939 posts

We'd love to OP !!!

But, we only have three active players left in our clan.......... 

Now, if WG were smart, they allow formal, ad-hoc teams for a season of players from smaller clans.

But, there is ZERO chance WG could be that innovative..........even though other F2P games do exactly what I've said!

• Cool 1

[CVA16]
Members
2,756 posts
6,707 battles

Just joined a clan myself. Never thought I would but I've enjoyed it. Team members have been cool and helpful. The benefits are nice also.

[B2P]
Members
281 posts
7,784 battles
24 minutes ago, Asym_KS said:

We'd love to OP !!!

But, we only have three active players left in our clan.......... 

Now, if WG were smart, they allow formal, ad-hoc teams for a season of players from smaller clans.

But, there is ZERO chance WG could be that innovative..........even though other F2P games do exactly what I've said!

I would suggest you to find another small clan and merge into a single one, you caould make a clan big enough to play Blan Battles.

29 minutes ago, AlcatrazNC said:

Require a Stalingrad :kappa:

hqdefault.jpg

26 minutes ago, enderland07 said:

Instead of "play some clan battle" you really mean "win some clan battles."

Well, to win you have first to play, right?

25 minutes ago, Ghostdog1355 said:

Just joined a clan myself. Never thought I would but I've enjoyed it. Team members have been cool and helpful. The benefits are nice also.

Good Luck this season! :crab:

[WOLF5]
Members
634 posts
12,549 battles

1. You have to have a schedule that allows you to play at time of the battle windows. (Family, Job, etc. can make this impossible to do.)

2. You have to either be good enough to play on a Clan Team or part of a clan that has a team for players of your skill level.

3. You have to be a member of a clan that can muster seven people during the battle window. 

My schedule does not allow me to play most clan battles and the times that I have found myself available my clan could not muster 7 people to create a team.

So thank you for encouraging folks to play, but many of us don't play CB simply because of logistical issues, not a desire to avoid playing the mode. 

• Cool 1

[VOC]
Members
81 posts
63 battles

Good post OP. I think CW is one of the best game modes WG has come up with so far. Because CV's aren't allowed. Finally a game mode in which ships duke it out and not some bizarre clone of wowp or an RTS in a first/ third person shooter environment.

I have some advice for all players considering CW however. Said rewards are mainly for the top 0.001% of the playerbase. Don't think you will get a Balansgrad by playing 1 or 2 seasons of CW. You won't. Only the absolute top clans will get those rewards. And rightfully so I must add. It's a competition game mode. Also CW is about teamplay all the way. It doesn't matter if you'll pull of retina detaching moves and double/ krakenstrikes or don't do any dmg at all. It's about winning. It's about playing your ship to it's role totally. Winning or losing; the base rewards are the same for everybody. So if you can't pull out of the ego show called "random battles" CW is not your thing. Furthermore when playing CW you must be able to completely subject to a "hierarchy" Whatever the "commander" orders you to do you follow. It's no democracy in any way. In that "dictatorial regime" you are still required to play your ship to your best ability.  Even if that means disregarding an "order" from the leader. And last but not least: the battle commander is having the most vulnerable place in a CW battle. He/ she does have to play his ship and command the field in the same time. So there must never be any debate during a battle. And if you think you know better? Take command of the fleet the next game and see how hard it is. Last but not least: always keep in mind you're playing with friends. Human beings. If you're too soft skinned to handle a few "strong terms" don't play CW. However it's all to easy to yell someone to the ground for making a mistake. So dose your displeasure as well. Otherwise you might find your clan to fall to pieces.

tl;dr: CW is IMO awesome. But remember it's human work. Don't raise your expectations too high yet remain ambitious. I don't think it's for everybody....

Edited by Ferry_25

[NMKJT]
Members
2,892 posts
1 hour ago, Murakumo_96 said:

Is pretty simple the rewards are very nice, and I don't mean just the steel, flags and premium time, but the rewards for each win.

A 2500 base XP for avery battle makes any multiplier you have a lot of the 2 next point especially:

1.- Commander XP.

You can make a crazy amount of Commander XP with the new flag added, I don't have a result example for this because I built for other type of XP wich is my next point.

2.- Free XP.

Are you short in Free XP? Do you want the Kronshtadt/Musashi before they are removed? Do you want to skip the Izumo!? PLAY SOME CLAN BATTLE!

Seriusly, in a very succesful night you can make 100k Free XP, easy.

Here is an example in one of my battles:

Reveal hidden contents

shot-18.11.28_20.25.55-0887.jpg

As you can see, you don't have to do 300k damage or cap 4 bases alone, you just have to win!

Don't let people discourage you to play Clan Battles, they give a ton of rewards and you learn a lot of the game. Even if you lose, you can see what positions the enemy team took and learn from them, you learn how to counter ships you tought to be OP, you can test ships you don't have with the rentals. There are a ton of benefits playing Clan Battles, don't let them go!

I live on the West Coast, and until WG adjusts the time window, it's not possible to play. If I rush home from work and logon, there are 45 minutes left. So it's really not an option. 

[DIEBL]
Members
518 posts
5,650 battles

Well... you can work my overtime, do my homework, and babysit my 3 kids while keeping my chinese wife and her parents from destroying the house at any given opportunity.

I’ll boot up the game while you drive over.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 4

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,964 posts
18,844 battles

Well yeah on a win you can almost make as much base xp as you can playing Dynamo.. Almost.. On a loss in CW, you make 250 base xp.. In other words the same as a win in co-op with a tier 1 or 2 and even then I think you make more killing bots.... 

Play clan wars once for the free stuff, everyone should do that to farm the rewards. A someone in a casual clan at the bottom rung of things, Squall league or some crap, I found it especially disturbing that our first match was against one of the highest tier teams...... I mean seriously? This is supposed to be a competition? Anyways as with anything Wargaming related, it isn't especially interesting. It is set up to feed the best teams wins is all. 

If you are in a good competitive clan, by all means play Clan Wars. If you are a casual clan, farm the rewards and bail. Otherwise it is just an expensive (in credits) waste of time that pays out less than playing low tier co-op...... I mean seriously, 250 base?  Course that isn't my real reaction to clan battles, just what is permissible by TOS and EULA....   

• Cool 1

[RUST]
Beta Testers
965 posts
10,639 battles

I’d love to play clan battles except for WG’s god awful “prime time “ that makes it next to impossible for someone on The west coast to play. Why clan battle prime time can’t be extended for 1-2 hrs is beyond me. Their insistence that cross server play will solve the problem is equally baffling.

[SC]
[SC]
Members
56 posts
7,747 battles

Clan battles and / or ...team play should be the main play mode...center of this game. Random battles should just be a side thing to kill time or to grind stuff. It really sucks that competitive play is the side thing...should be available 24 hrs a day....all year long.

As far as random battles go...they should be pure random...no divs, no drop syncs, no special missions creating biased play.....ect.

imo

[KRAK]
Members
1,546 posts
14,141 battles
53 minutes ago, NCC81701 said:

I’d love to play clan battles except for WG’s god awful “prime time “ that makes it next to impossible for someone on The west coast to play. Why clan battle prime time can’t be extended for 1-2 hrs is beyond me. Their insistence that cross server play will solve the problem is equally baffling.

I agree. Why is there a set time for clan battles anyway? You should be able to log on and play CW at any time CW is running just like a random battle.

[OPG]
Members
4,091 posts
5,896 battles
37 minutes ago, Vaffu said:

I agree. Why is there a set time for clan battles anyway? You should be able to log on and play CW at any time CW is running just like a random battle.

1. Queue times and MM:  Given that wait times in hurricane league already can stretch on for minutes on end, having no fixed "prime time" would just make this even worse, forcing more imbalanced MM in order to allow clans to actually find battles during off hours.  I don't think anyone wants to log on during an off hour, wait 5+ minutes in queue only to end up getting a Hurricane vs Squall battle. 

2. It's unfair:  Large clans that can play battles around the clock would have a huge advantage as they could continue gaining points while their competition is offline.  It also creates an infinite loop of needing to play more battles in terms of final ranking.  If Clan A is in first place on the final night but Clan B is gaining, then Clan A needs to keep playing until Clan B gives up, but Clan B can't stop until Clan A gives up.  It would be like watching a basketball game with no game clock that lasted until the janitor shut the stadium lights off.

Edited by yashma

[RUST]
Beta Testers
965 posts
10,639 battles
13 minutes ago, yashma said:

1. Queue times and MM:  Given that wait times in hurricane league already can stretch on for minutes on end, having no fixed "prime time" would just make this even worse, forcing more imbalanced MM in order to allow clans to actually find battles during off hours.  I don't think anyone wants to log on during an off hour, wait 5+ minutes in queue only to end up getting a Hurricane vs Squall battle. 

2. It's unfair:  Large clans that can play battles around the clock would have a huge advantage as they could continue gaining points while their competition is offline.  It also creates an infinite loop of needing to play more battles in terms of final ranking.  If Clan A is in first place on the final night but Clan B is gaining, then Clan A needs to keep playing until Clan B gives up, but Clan B can't stop until Clan A gives up.  It would be like watching a basketball game with no game clock that lasted until the janitor shut the stadium lights off.

Not looking for 24/7 CB, just looking to add 2 hours to the current “prime time” can WG can’t even do that

[OPG]
Members
4,091 posts
5,896 battles
1 minute ago, NCC81701 said:

Not looking for 24/7 CB, just looking to add 2 hours to the current “prime time” can WG can’t even do that

I know, but the person I was responding to was....unless I misunderstood him.  

[KRAK]
Members
1,546 posts
14,141 battles
1 hour ago, yashma said:

I know, but the person I was responding to was....unless I misunderstood him.  

I was just curious as to why it is the way it is. There could be restrictions to fix those issues however. The battle must be in your league and they could also restrict the number of matches per clan per day/season. 

This would "fix" the issue of some not being able to participate due to time zone differences.

[OPG]
Members
4,091 posts
5,896 battles
1 hour ago, crzyhawk said:

Rewards arent worth it imo

The first night of Clan Battles I earned 250,000 Free XP(not including mission rewards).  The second night of Clan Battles I changed up my camo and flag combination and earned well over 500,000 elite commander XP(not including mission rewards).  By the third night I had earned 2500 steel....and this was all before I even played a battle in Storm.  IMO Clan Battles are by far the best way to farm in this game, and I think are probably one of the driving factors behind the devalution of Free XP.  Even while having to use more performance flags instead of economic flags later on, over the course of a single Clan Battles season it's easy to earn well over a million of Free XP/elite commander XP.....to say nothing of the generous rewards you get just for completing missions.  

*I haven't payed attention to the rewards for this season, but in past seasons you could earn up to 250,000 direct Free XP, 300,000 direct elite commander XP, 2500 doubloons, 11,000 steel, a month of premium time and countless camos and signals direct from the missions.

I can understand not liking Clan Battles.....but oh boy the rewards are *amazing*.  

Edited by yashma

[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
357 posts
4,841 battles
15 hours ago, Asym_KS said:

But, we only have three active players left in our clan.......

simple fix.. find a new clan

• Cool 1