HeavyT

HMS Nelson, worth it?

11 comments in this topic

[M-T-B]
Beta Testers
9 posts
3,375 battles

I may be a little late to the party by asking, but is the Nelson worth the 350k xp? Or should I just keep saving my xp for the next 750k ship? I have the Musashi and I am very satisfied with it but I just want to know from other BB captains if the Nelson is what they expected, better, or worse. I quite enjoyed playing the Colorado at tier 7, how does it compare? Thanks in advance for the input:)

[HINON]
Supertester
21,227 posts
14,826 battles

Nelson is quirky and a lot of fun. Burninate everything!

• Cool 1

[RKLES]
Members
9,325 posts
11,199 battles

Yes Nelson is very good ship. When it first came out it took me a while before I was willing to get it since I had seen far too many players misuse the Nelson, so it’s strenth was in question.

But after getting hooked on using QE and the mid tier Premium Royal Navy BBs, and finding I really loved using them I finally got my Nelson. The ship surprised me with it’s strengh including good armor and guns if you are at least a some what competent Captain. Yes it’s speed barely feels adequate at 23knts, but it’s other characteristics make up for it.

• Cool 1

[KAPPA]
Members
1,261 posts
6,242 battles

She's a ship that has a fairly high skill floor for a BB. Her citadel is what might make or break her for some, as it's not that far off from being as bad as Vanguard's was before release. That said, if you think you can bounce a Musashi, she can be very trolly. I love to drive forward, draw attention, and reverse while being chased, eventually making any damage they managed to do largely pointless.

[SF-A]
Members
3,083 posts
6,664 battles

Fantastic ship. Invincible flamethrower with great gunnery. If your positioning is good, you can go far in Nelson.

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,498 posts
15,488 battles

Hard hitting AP.

Insta fire high damage HE.

Super British heal only other ships are t 9 & 10 that get it.

Cons, squishy nose and citadels. 

[HUNGS]
Members
1,696 posts
3,603 battles
6 hours ago, PrairiePlayer said:

Just watch your broadside with Nelson.  It has a high citadel.

Indeed

nelson1.gif.4f5f0ac019c3289162feb78a8c0c7692.gif

She is not a brawler, she is a artillery support ship and when left unchecked she is a absolute menace. Her 16" guns have poor penetration BUT they will absolutely nuke cruisers since their less likely to overpen and will overmatch every cruiser she sees. The only time I really dely on her HE when I'm facing bow on T8 and T9 ships and she will ruin their days, unless they shoot back her.

[M-T-B]
Beta Testers
9 posts
3,375 battles

Cool, great feedback guys and gals. Much appreciated. I think I'll give her a try.

For security reasons, please do not provide your personal data or the personal data of a third party here because we might be unable to protect such data in accordance with the Wargaming Privacy Policy.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.