You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
USSRichardNixon

Graphics card for WoWs and WoT?

95 comments in this topic

[YORHA]
Members
3,538 posts

I am using a GTX 1070 and it is way more then enough to handle anything WoWs can throw at it.

Max setting across the board and smooth as silk in 4K.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
16,231 posts
9,570 battles
2 minutes ago, JCC45 said:

I am using a GTX 1070 and it is way more then enough to handle anything WoWs can throw at it.

Max setting across the board and smooth as silk in 4K.

Heck, I am running a GTX 760 and it handles everything WoWS can throw at it at a very stable 75 fps.

• Cool 2

[MINVY]
[MINVY]
Members
97 posts
3,408 battles

If Wows is the most intensive game you play, the 1060's came back down to a reasonable price. Otherwise go with the best deal you can grab.

[RAN]
Members
18 posts
17,019 battles

If your 4K monitor doesn’t have gsync and WOWS is the most demanding game you play then an AMD 590 might be the most cost-effective. Snaps at the heels of the 1070 for the price of the 1060.

[FGNE]
Members
392 posts
2,546 battles

I have a GTX 970 but i’m Not 4K; any of your options should be good IMO.

[VOC]
Members
81 posts
63 battles

1070 here. Know that a very high resolution is actually in your disadvantage... Yes the quality of the graphics is stunning. But I guess you actually want to see what you're shooting at. As it is now wows isn't supporting high resolution at all. So I recommend against buying a high end video card for this game.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 2

Members
1,087 posts

WoWS is not that heavy of a video load. You can save money and still play just fine.

I still use a 1050ti on the Ultra client with very high game settings and frame rate never drops below 80.

• Cool 2

[YORHA]
Members
3,538 posts

A wise person from these very forums once gave me some great advise.   He told me to buy the best card I could afford, because you are not buying a card for today, you are buying it for two to three years from now.

• Cool 4

[XBRTC]
Members
1,640 posts
7,895 battles
17 minutes ago, Ferry_25 said:

Thanks. Fine. Go ahead: take the maximum graphic installation. And see if you even can see a red ship on your screen. I don't give a FF.

I am using the max graphics settings in 4k, and I can see things just fine because there's this feature called ZOOM. You get that in battle with the shift key or the scroll wheel. And there's another thing called UI SCALING, which is found in your in-game graphics settings, and makes it easier to see the small text. 

This game supports 4k players quite nicely.

shot-18_12.01_17_26.55-0242.thumb.jpg.77d0ef31ad24e5e2ef794a8f0bc56c11.jpg

Edited by LT_Rusty_SWO

[VOC]
Members
81 posts
63 battles
7 minutes ago, LT_Rusty_SWO said:

I am using the max graphics settings in 4k, and I can see things just fine because there's this feature called ZOOM. You get that in battle with the shift key or the scroll wheel. And there's another thing called UI SCALING, which is found in your in-game graphics settings, and makes it easier to see the small text. 

This game supports 4k players quite nicely. 

Awesome my friend!!! Zoom in to a lvl which I had in the first place. Now I have learned something new!

[XBRTC]
Members
1,640 posts
7,895 battles
1 minute ago, Ferry_25 said:

Awesome my friend!!! Zoom in to a lvl which I had in the first place. Now I have learned something new!

You weren't seeing a ship at 12k taking up half your screen width with normal view, fren. Not unless you're running at 640x480 or something.

[WOLF3]
Members
6,821 posts
2,692 battles
28 minutes ago, Ferry_25 said:

Thanks. Fine. Go ahead: take the maximum graphic installation. And see if you even can see a red ship on your screen. I don't give a FF.

Have you discovered the Scale adjustment in the video controls?

[BNKR]
Members
839 posts
882 battles
1 hour ago, So_lt_Goes said:

WoWS is not that heavy of a video load. You can save money and still play just fine.

I still use a 1050ti on the Ultra client with very high game settings and frame rate never drops below 80.

Same here. 

[4HIM]
Members
1,924 posts
4,715 battles

Dunno. Running an RX 580 (8GB) and it struggles in 4k at max settings.  FPS drops into the 30's a lot of times.  

[WGA]
Administrator
742 posts
309 battles

You've gotten some great advice in here and I'll just throw in my own personal experience. If you are honestly considering spending on a 1080 I'd recommend looking at a 2070.  The 2070 is a nominal bit more expensive but will ensure you've got a solid card to use with most PC games in the near future.  4k for WoWs should be really manageable with a 1080, but if you are playing other games you may find yourself turning down a lot of quality.  I'm personally running a 2080 at home and it's not powerful enough to get 30+ frames on some games in 4k. 

Members
427 posts
5,475 battles
3 hours ago, Radar_X said:

You've gotten some great advice in here and I'll just throw in my own personal experience. If you are honestly considering spending on a 1080 I'd recommend looking at a 2070.  The 2070 is a nominal bit more expensive but will ensure you've got a solid card to use with most PC games in the near future.  4k for WoWs should be really manageable with a 1080, but if you are playing other games you may find yourself turning down a lot of quality.  I'm personally running a 2080 at home and it's not powerful enough to get 30+ frames on some games in 4k. 

The real question....

Can it play Planetside 2 at 4k on ultra?

[PVE]
Members
1,627 posts
6,873 battles

Running 960's without any problems.

[IHW]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
192 posts
12 hours ago, CO_Valle said:

I have a GTX 970 but i’m Not 4K; any of your options should be good IMO.

exactly I also have a GTX 970  if its  not broke don't fix it.

Members
8 posts
5,024 battles
12 hours ago, JCC45 said:

A wise person from these very forums once gave me some great advise.   He told me to buy the best card I could afford, because you are not buying a card for today, you are buying it for two to three years from now.

I just went through this and ended up with a gtx 1080 because it was much cheaper than the cheapest rtx 2070 I could find.  My gtx 780ti was on the way out after almost 5 years and this is more than enough to meet my needs for a few years.

[WORX]
Members
1,996 posts
13,477 battles
16 hours ago, USSRichardNixon said:

have a 4K display. Now I am shopping for graphics card. I am wondering between GTX 1070, 1070ti and 1080. 

What is your opinion?

IF I were you neither... WOWS is more CPU heavy game then GPU. Which means I get the same performance if we had he same 1070 GPU card BUT I would edge you out in CPU performance (considering I got the I8 core CPU to your I7). 

However, if your PC is going to play games other then WOWS, then I would get the 1080. Other games are going o be more GPU heavy the CPU. IF you want to spend in the future and you have the means to do so. 1080 is the standard for now.

Radar brought up a product to research too. I wish you luck in your choice.