You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Chobittsu

How to spend half an hour perpetually screaming in terror

13 comments in this topic

[SOUP]
Privateers, Modder
8,374 posts

Now, I've been in plenty of aircraft... and as JonTron would say, I'm a brave boy....    BUT NOT A BRAVE ENOUGH BOY FOR THIS.

• Cool 2

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
20,444 posts
11,346 battles

It is a flying kite but I would love to go up in that.

Alpha Tester
5,944 posts
2,876 battles

Reminds me of the time I rode in a NASCAR car around Daytona for a few laps at 170 mph. There's a video of it on a USB stick that shows me screaming in pure, mortal terror for about 3 minutes.

[SOUP]
Privateers, Modder
8,374 posts
21 minutes ago, 1Sherman said:

Reminds me of the time I rode in a NASCAR car around Daytona for a few laps at 170 mph. There's a video of it on a USB stick that shows me screaming in pure, mortal terror for about 3 minutes.

Upload it. Now.    x'D

• Boring 1

Modder, Beta Testers
1,576 posts
2,652 battles

I suppose on the bright side there isn't 545lbs of Breadmore poised to crush the shite out of the pilot and gunner like on the Fe2b.:cap_yes:

416rKZAK40L._SX303_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,550 posts
12,281 battles

yeah not for me either.....:cap_wander_2:

fun fact: Joseph Stalin actually hated flying because he was afraid of heights and persacuted pilots and anyone realated to planes development! this is why Russia's air core was so behind during the outbreak of ww2!:fish_book:

[WORX]
Members
4,223 posts
15,313 battles

Oh wow real flying expertise, not the pretend only take of and land automated flying modern pilots enjoy in today's modern jet aircraft. I think this should be mandatory for every pilot to get 30 min of old school stick flying like this.

Man looks like fun. Deadly but fun

• Boring 1

Alpha Tester
5,944 posts
2,876 battles
5 hours ago, Chobittsu said:

Upload it. Now.    x'D

A few problems with that.

1: I'm not sure how to.

2: I'm not sure I want people to know what I look like.

[SOUP]
Privateers, Modder
8,374 posts
4 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

Oh wow real flying expertise, not the pretend only take of and land automated flying modern pilots enjoy in today's modern jet aircraft. I think this should be mandatory for every pilot to get 30 min of old school stick flying like this.

Man looks like fun. Deadly but fun

As someone who has flown in these "automated" planes, I hate to sound like an aft but you don't know much about flying...   Pilots do get mandatory "old school" flightstick flying because that IS how you fly. Most use of autopilot systems is used once you've arrived at your desired altitude and course. When you reach waypoints or have to make corrections of more than a few degrees, you do so manually. When you take off and land, it's done by hand, not by computer. Pilots use autopilot systems to assist them, not push a few buttons and let the plane fly itself. To think so belittles hundreds of thousands of professionals worldwide in the aviation industry and millions of private pilots globally.   My first flight at the controls of an aircraft was in a vehicle with no engine and cloth-covered wings. I moved up from there to control light aircraft, a twin-turboprop, a helicopter for a few minutes (and believe me, there is NO autopilot in those...) and even had the privilege of being at the controls of a CC-130. Was it just a few buttons and knobs? No. It's hands-on, even with modernization refits and upgrades.

[WORX]
Members
4,223 posts
15,313 battles
7 hours ago, Chobittsu said:

As someone who has flown in these "automated" planes, I hate to sound like an aft but you don't know much about flying...

^^^I can't be as a same lvl then with someone that actually knows how to fly, You're correct I dont have a leg o stand on. HOWEVER, as you and I have pointed out, modern flying is great advancement. Pilots today do enjoy the "new" way of operating modern jets.

I would like to point out, just because its the "new" way to fly, doesen't mean pilots should relay on automation. I guess to sum up my feelings on the issue, automation can not replace what your video represent good old stick flying. 

Another example is with cars, self driving cars is like/close too today's modern aircraft. I do agree that in the cockpit, modern system can assist in lightening a pilots workload. But it can't replace his abilities  to fly.

Even though I am no a pilot, I love planes. The B737 (not the MAX series) has been like the Toyotas of the skies.

Love the video Chobi.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
8,757 posts
20 hours ago, Chobittsu said:

Now, I've been in plenty of aircraft... and as JonTron would say, I'm a brave boy....    BUT NOT A BRAVE ENOUGH BOY FOR THIS.

I like his stall warning indicators (i.e., two strips of ribbon flapping in the breeze). The same things were used on sails to indicate "luffing" which was, in fact, a stall. By the sound of his engine I'm thinking that it's a bit more modern than the original though, or at least more precision built. I really like it that a few people are re-building older technology. It's nice to see the past kept alive.