You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Brhinosaurus

Is carrier suicide a punishable offense?

23 comments in this topic

[R-F]
Members
1,430 posts
8,667 battles

Lost a carrier game, noticed our carrier died with a score of negative 1.  Hadn't been watching him that closely.  Went back and checked the replay.

20181201_150058_PBSD517-Cossack_50_Gold_harbor.wowsreplay

For those that would prefer not to spend 5 minutes of their time loading up a replay on this I present the highlight:

1929199219_selfdrop.thumb.png.78ae300e614c9495df7303439b0754fc.png

He sent his first wave of planes at the enemy although I think they got taken out by a strafe.  He then started dropping on himself - took a couple waves each of torp and dive bombers to do the job.  Guy's a average enough player overall so I can't speculate as to his motives, but I really don't much care for them.

Anything I can do with this? 

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
20,883 posts
11,620 battles

Start a ticket, and attach a copy of the replay.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,519 posts
12,810 battles

Yep send in the replay.  He threw the battle deliberately.

• Cool 1

[LEGIT]
Members
1,016 posts
8,034 battles

Sometimes when your the last 1 standing in the losing team and you are surrounded by 4+ ships.. This is the most satisfying way to deny the enemy a KILL.. ( And yes this was second battle in Hak and I sucked so what.. I tried)

World of Warships Screenshot 2018.11.30 - 22.07.10.78.png

• Cool 1

[NG-NL]
Members
5,839 posts
9,463 battles

Yes it is. If the CV suicides, it's just like any teammate running to map corner. Give WG the smoking gun, every time.

[RNDM]
Members
293 posts
5,172 battles

I have seen this before except it was the red team's CV that offed them self to deny me the kill. Most annoying thing ever because I had just finished hunting them down (we finished off the rest of their team 5 minutes ago) when they dev struck them self to end the game. Of course the CV was IJN so...

[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
6,615 posts
16,714 battles

Yes it is a Team Kill offence for which he received a warning and pink 2 battle penalty to work it off. Also as stated above it could also be considered rigging/throwing a battle if your evidence in a support ticket supports that claim.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,519 posts
12,810 battles
10 minutes ago, Poisonous_Lily said:

Sometimes when your the last 1 standing in the losing team and you are surrounded by 4+ ships.. This is the most satisfying way to deny the enemy a KILL.. ( And yes this was second battle in Hak and I sucked so what.. I tried)

I hope that @Radar_X sees this and deals with you appropriately.

• Cool 1

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,142 posts
5,955 battles
14 minutes ago, Poisonous_Lily said:

called the police.

[RLGN]
Members
10,968 posts
20,042 battles

The thing is is it’s not easy to do.

You have to strike yourself several times because the program can’t seem to decide what to do with the reflected damage.

Eventually it gets the idea, and the carrier dies instantly.

Have I done this? Once; right after the team kill changes. In a curbstomp loss, to see if it was still possible, and to deny the kill.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
20,883 posts
11,620 battles

Denying the kill to preserve the win while I think it is bull is considered fine by WG however, simply killing yourself is not.

[WOLF3]
Members
20,962 posts
19,413 battles

It's not a punishable offense in the sense of Pink Status, last I saw.  But even as someone that owns CVs, I hate seeing it.  I even had a buddy that did it when we were losing and he'd kill his own CV to deprive the enemy CV of the kill.  I really hated seeing that.  It's a slap to the opponent that outplayed you, it's also a slap to one's team that's still trying to fight it out.

[WOLFB]
Members
2,805 posts
11,504 battles

CV that suicide themselve at the end of the battle like the guy before me is borderline acceptable. But CV that kill themselve for garbage reason such as "I picked the wrong ship" or  "MM is garbage" deserve to be ban. You can't bring a ship that have such huge influence on the map and decide to throw it away like that. 

Members
1,221 posts
2,399 battles
10 minutes ago, AlcatrazNC said:

CV that suicide themselve at the end of the battle like the guy before me is borderline acceptable. But CV that kill themselve for garbage reason such as "I picked the wrong ship" or  "MM is garbage" deserve to be ban. You can't bring a ship that have such huge influence on the map and decide to throw it away like that. 

Nah it should never be acceptable really it is just bad sportsmanship all around.

[S-N-D]
[S-N-D]
Members
2,438 posts
6,657 battles

What difference would it make if they suicided or intentionally failed every attack? The result is the same. 

[B_Y_F]
Members
366 posts
8,865 battles

Yesterday saw a easier way to do this. Our CV just auto-drive to the middle of the map without launching any planes.

Surprisingly, he spend all his time defending his action at the chat even after his suicide.

Members
3,157 posts
4,322 battles
21 minutes ago, _Caliph_ said:

What difference would it make if they suicided or intentionally failed every attack? The result is the same. 

I dealt with this on the opposite team when playing through Ranger. Demonstrate you'll Strafe their blobs of fail squadrons and they stop launching planes, suicide or suicide by driving into the red team.

And yes there is a huge difference between actually trying and shifting the score 100 points against your team. Even if your attacks fail, just by having planes in the air you are providing some vision.

Members
11 posts
3,615 battles

It should depend on the situation. Yeah if the cv does not want to play and kill him self then yeah, but if cv is the last ship standing and there an overwhelming amount of ships with no chance of winning I think it would be okay. Even though I would fight to the end.   

[R-F]
Members
1,430 posts
8,667 battles

Update: Here's the response to my ticket.

Dear gamer,

Thank you for contacting Wargaming Support. We appreciate your concerns and interest in the improvement of the game.

We took appropriate measures according to our game rules and punishment instructions. Unfortunately, we cannot disclose the exact measures we took due to the protection of data privacy. We hope for your understanding. However, we assure you that violations of the game rules are met with appropriate sanctions.

Have fun on the battlefield! If you have any other issues please do not hesitate to contact us.

So, no way of telling what exactly that means, but they took it into account and did something.

[_-_]
Members
2,148 posts
On 12/1/2018 at 3:41 PM, Brhinosaurus said:

Lost a carrier game, noticed our carrier died with a score of negative 1.  Hadn't been watching him that closely.  Went back and checked the replay.

20181201_150058_PBSD517-Cossack_50_Gold_harbor.wowsreplay

For those that would prefer not to spend 5 minutes of their time loading up a replay on this I present the highlight:

1929199219_selfdrop.thumb.png.78ae300e614c9495df7303439b0754fc.png

He sent his first wave of planes at the enemy although I think they got taken out by a strafe.  He then started dropping on himself - took a couple waves each of torp and dive bombers to do the job.  Guy's a average enough player overall so I can't speculate as to his motives, but I really don't much care for them.

Anything I can do with this? 

Considering how many people yell "go kill yourself", among many other epithets and insults, at CV's, it shouldn't be surprising that some actually do. :Smile_teethhappy: