Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Moms_Warship

Dreadnought

23 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

3,439
[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
16,315 posts
9,621 battles

You realize that you can almost not avoid getting it if you are playing regularly.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
68
[PVE]
Members
400 posts
23 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

You realize that you can almost not avoid getting it if you are playing regularly.

I wish every ship was this easy to get.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,439
[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
16,315 posts
9,621 battles
5 minutes ago, cecill611 said:

I wish every ship was this easy to get.

Pretty much every low tier premium has been rather easy to get, so easy that people were surprised when they showed up in their port.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
741 posts
4,690 battles
27 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

You realize that you can almost not avoid getting it if you are playing regularly.

I don't think that's a fair way to characterize it. It's a minimum of six battles to clear the daily missions and four of the battles are reliant on winning. I do play pretty much every day right now. I don't necessarily play nearly enough to guarantee four random battle wins every day. Even doing it in Co-Op you're looking at 10+games to reliably clear them. 

It's not a big deal but I do think 30 would've been a more reasonable number of daily missions given it's a T3. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,439
[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
16,315 posts
9,621 battles
1 minute ago, Rocketpacman said:

I don't think that's a fair way to characterize it. It's a minimum of six battles to clear the daily missions and four of the battles are reliant on winning. I do play pretty much every day right now. I don't necessarily play nearly enough to guarantee four random battle wins every day. Even doing it in Co-Op you're looking at 10+games to reliably clear them. 

It's not a big deal but I do think 30 would've been a more reasonable number of daily missions given it's a T3. 

I am not going to grind for it as even my finances can handle a $10 splurge if I don't get it for free.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
353
[RKN]
Beta Testers
1,051 posts
9,615 battles
9 minutes ago, cecill611 said:

I wish every ship was this easy to get.

 

3 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Pretty much every low tier premium has been rather easy to get, so easy that people were surprised when they showed up in their port.

Easy yes, but very time consuming. I calculated it will take me at about 183 games this month, or about 1.5-2 hours per day. I don’t recall anyship that required so many games In such a short time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
353
[RKN]
Beta Testers
1,051 posts
9,615 battles
8 minutes ago, Rocketpacman said:

It's not a big deal but I do think 30 would've been a more reasonable number of daily missions given it's a T3. 

I’m sure the number is so high because of the demand for her. I bet they will offer her in the shop some time this month.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
741 posts
4,690 battles
8 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

I am not going to grind for it as even my finances can handle a $10 splurge if I don't get it for free.

I don't disagree. It's not like they're going to permanently lock the Dreadnought this way. 

I just think 40 daily missions over a month is a bit more than just playing regularly for most of the people who play this game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,439
[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
16,315 posts
9,621 battles
2 minutes ago, Rocketpacman said:

I don't disagree. It's not like they're going to permanently lock the Dreadnought this way. 

I just think 40 daily missions over a month is a bit more than just playing regularly for most of the people who play this game. 

If you get all three daily containers every day you should get the Dreadnought with ease. Now for those that only play a couple of matches a day it will be an issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
311
[WOLF1]
Members
2,218 posts

i am not sure i want to grind for it, just like many other reward ships, after you spent so much time and sweat they just sit in port and get rust

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
215
[ICOP]
Members
992 posts
3,604 battles
1 hour ago, SavageTactical said:

I’m sure the number is so high because of the demand for her. I bet they will offer her in the shop some time this month.

Not like that ever did that before, *cough* Kamikaze R *cough*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
311
[WOLF1]
Members
2,218 posts

lets do some math, 40=30+10 missions, first 30 needs 2x30+2x30=120 games assuming 50% win rate, the 10 needs 3x2x10=60, but some games can't get 12-1300 base so add maybe another 40 games, so we are talking about total 220 games, each game takes 20 mins, so total 220x20/60=73 hours grind for the t3, even if you only makes min $15 per hour, that's $1000, lol, of course if you enjoy the time then have fun :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
15 posts
9 hours ago, galspanic said:

I’m glad you acknowledge that now instead of whining on the WoWs official forums.

too bad ill pretty much say what i want and where without asking you noob.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
61 posts
4,303 battles
8 hours ago, Happy668 said:

lets do some math, 40=30+10 missions, first 30 needs 2x30+2x30=120 games assuming 50% win rate, the 10 needs 3x2x10=60, but some games can't get 12-1300 base so add maybe another 40 games, so we are talking about total 220 games, each game takes 20 mins, so total 220x20/60=73 hours grind for the t3, even if you only makes min $15 per hour, that's $1000, lol, of course if you enjoy the time then have fun :)

Remember, you are also getting coal and other rewards as well.  I should get just enough for Musashi around the same time I get Dreadnought.  So you are really double or triple dipping depending on which rewards you like.

But you have a point.  The first 98K coal for Musashi went very fast because I was playing just for fun with no goal in mind.  As soon as I realized I only needed 34K more and could make it before the ship was removed, then it became a chore playing when I wasn't in the mood just to get that last crate or other coal reward.

 

Edited by CommodorePerryIPA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
131
[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
338 posts
10,388 battles

Compared to the Duke of York campaign this is a walk in the park. I just completed the Cossack mission chain without any issue and don't expect any problems here either. Just do the dailies, scenarios in my opinion are the best way to complete this, and you'll get the old girl. 

I know a lot of people take shots at War Gaming for all of the rehashed ships they sell, but they also give away a lot of decent loot. If you don't want to do the grind I'm sure, like Cossack, they'll put it on sale at some point.  Regardless, play the game and enjoy it. 

giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
511
[4HIM]
Members
1,954 posts
4,780 battles
16 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

You realize that you can almost not avoid getting it if you are playing regularly.

Not for me.  I typically don't do much more than about 30 of these in a month.  Don't think I've ever done 40.  And right now, I'm just tired of the grind.  Only did one yesterday.  Played for a while but only had time to do the one.  And two nights per week I'm lucky if I even get to launch the game.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,439
[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
16,315 posts
9,621 battles
4 hours ago, ZARDOZ_II said:

Not for me.  I typically don't do much more than about 30 of these in a month.  Don't think I've ever done 40.  And right now, I'm just tired of the grind.  Only did one yesterday.  Played for a while but only had time to do the one.  And two nights per week I'm lucky if I even get to launch the game.  

You are the kind of person that I did mention in one of the posts that this is an issue for. Heck, after the turkey marathon I did I have not been playing much at all myself and then just like after the Pirate and Corgi events my play is most in co-op unless I am in a division. I am not going to worry about it. If I get it fine and if I don't fine because I will be able to afford its price.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,566
[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,964 posts
18,842 battles

Originally I thought they had something different in mind when giving out the Dreadnaught. When I realized it was just the normal Daily missions, I realized it would be fine and doable IF you play every day. That is the rub for most players though, not all can find time to play that much. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
511
[4HIM]
Members
1,954 posts
4,780 battles
3 hours ago, Taylor3006 said:

Originally I thought they had something different in mind when giving out the Dreadnaught. When I realized it was just the normal Daily missions, I realized it would be fine and doable IF you play every day. That is the rub for most players though, not all can find time to play that much. 

Yep.  With Christmas coming up and with the obligations I have now, there are at least 12 days I'll likely not be able to play at all.  And if one family member manages to be able to come for a visit, probably more.  40 missions for a T3 is just absurd.  It's an order of magnitude more than the mission for the Vampire, a T3 DD.  Especially if it's two per day and they cannot carry over.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,489
[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
5,206 posts
7,197 battles

honestly, i think people just want Dreadnought just to say they have it in their port, T3 isnt all that exciting, but hey, its THE Dreadnought, the ship that changed BBs forever

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51
[ASRN]
Beta Testers
300 posts
2,464 battles

Dreadnought really is just a port queen.  A pretty collector's piece.  Yeah, I got it with my Vanguard combo.  (Maybe a little bit of buyer's regret, heh.)  The Bellerophon (its successor in real life and Tier III tech tree ship) is better in every way, and has a little bit of AA to boot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×