You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
WillMyFingerDo

Tier 9 Premiums

16 comments in this topic

[SUGAR]
[SUGAR]
Members
4,487 posts
15,503 battles
6 minutes ago, WillMyFingerDo said:

I have enough free xp for 2 of 3, which would recommend of Musashi, Kronshtadt, and Alaska? 

bird in the hand is like trimming bushes or something like that. get them both and start saving for Alaska if she is a feexp'r

• Cool 1

[RE]
[RE]
Members
81 posts
2,714 battles
Just now, APA_204 said:

bird in the hand is like trimming bushes or something like that. get them both and start saving for Alaska if she is a feexp'r

^^^^^^^this^^^^^^^^

[NEMO]
[NEMO]
Members
809 posts
8,175 battles
8 minutes ago, JToney3449 said:

Alaska isnt a Fexp ship far as anyone knows.  She still isnt released.  So get Mu and Kron both?

I hope she is a freeXP ship, because I already have Musashi and Kronshtadt and over 200k coal in the Arsenal...

[STAR]
Members
3,303 posts
8,120 battles
29 minutes ago, WillMyFingerDo said:

I have enough free xp for 2 of 3, which would recommend of Musashi, Kronshtadt, and Alaska? 

I have Kronshtadt and its a great ship  and really worth it. Musashi is a nerfed Yamato, but still OP at T9 (some would say Musashi is T9.5 :Smile-_tongue:). Alaska is still WiP, we dont know how strong or weak this ship will be and when it will be released. 

Considering that both Musashi and kronshtadt are being removed, and we dont know when or even if they will come back, i would get both. 

[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,397 posts
14,916 battles

With Mussashi & Krondstat getting removed soon, grab them while you can. 

[-S-R-]
Beta Testers
864 posts
14,489 battles

Ye buy Musha and Kron and continue to grind to Alaska.

If they will release her sometime in January they ll keep her in for a year. So plenty of time.

• Cool 1

[-S-R-]
Beta Testers
864 posts
14,489 battles

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/development/update-0711-rule-britannia/

It's gone in update 0.8.0.

Content Additions and Changes

Musashi and Kronshtadt

Starting from update 0.8.0, Tier IX ships Musashi and Kronshtadt will no longer be available to purchase with Free XP and also cannot be obtained for Coal in the game client.

•  
Edited by Gandariel

[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
2,706 posts
10,041 battles

The problem is, Kronshtadt hasn't been out for six months and is already being removed. Unless you have extensive premium, time, latency and teams: +750k fxp is nothing easy to come by.

My guess, if released Alaska will be available just as long aa Kronshtadt; then removed. Personally I'd wrather save my resources for Alaska than waste my hard earned earnings on lines in don't play or ships never completed.

Therefore i'd hold out for Alaska even though i may rue the missed opportunities in the end::cap_look:

[ABCD3]
Members
237 posts
6,396 battles

These two will be gone when 8.0 is released for coal or free XP,  Musashi & Kronshtadt.

[WOLF3]
Members
20,442 posts
18,784 battles

Kronshtadt is a good, balanced "Cruiser."  But it isn't going to tank anything anywhere near like Moskva and Stalinium-grad and her 305mm guns will remind you on occasion that you get BB RNG Dice Rolls.  Again, she's a capable "Cruiser" but she has issues also.  I see people take Kronsthadt and try to bow tank with her.  PVP and even in Co-op.  She doesn't do that well.  She gets out-DPM'ed by Cruisers that aren't showing broadside, and BBs with 380mm+ guns smash the hell out of her bow, even citadeling her that way.  But she has super fast flying shells and hard hitting AP that will punish anyone, even a BB if they make a mistake.  She is also decently stealthy for a RU Cruiser, which tend to gravitate to very bad detection ranges.  She is a cool, unique "Cruiser" but again, she's balanced.

Musashi is the most straight forward between these two.  You see ships, you shoot at them.  You got IJN 460mm Overmatch / LOLPEN Superiority, you can even Bow Citadel some BBs with your AP.  You got Tier X BB Hp, Tier X BB Armor, but you're in Tier IX.  You are also cheaper to run than Yamato since you are in Tier IX.  You are also the only Tier IX BB that can look at any of the Tier X BBs and know your AP can smash any of their faces in, even another Yamato.  The only warning I give regarding Musashi is the upcoming CV Revamp.  If the Revamp makes CVs more popular than they are now, to the point of even seeing more of them in High Tier, then Musashi's lack of AA will be a serious weakness.  Her AA is very bad, like Tier VI Non-New Mexico AA Bad.  In a surface engagement setting, Musashi is a Tier IX powerhouse that can slap the spit out of Tier X with no problems.  But aerial threats are a big issue.

We have no information how Alaska will be released.  We've long been guessing around here but nothing official has come out regarding Alaska.  People have gravitated to think she will be a FreeXP ship.  But for all we know, she could be a Steel Ship.  We do have Steel Tier IX Premium already:  USS Black, a Tier IX Fletcher Premium DD with Radar.

[IN3PT]
Members
225 posts
11,961 battles
4 hours ago, Gandariel said:

Ye buy Musha and Kron and continue to grind to Alaska.

If they will release her sometime in January they ll keep her in for a year. So plenty of time.

^^^^ THIS

[VOC]
Members
83 posts
64 battles

Whatever you decide OP. I strongly recommend you not to play both ships for a while. You severely lack experience in both IJN BB's and USSR cruisers. From my own experience I'll let Musahsi rot in peace. I hate Yamato. The supposed "apex BB" is for me the worst joke in wows ever created. I don't dare to accelerate to quickly: afraid it'll catch fire from the water friction. The paint is made of pure napalm and the hull composed of raw natrium. Any HE firing ship, looking funny at me will cause a fire. Regarding Krohnstadt I'm still highly in doubt. I loved the Ru cruiserline until Moskva. Nose in it's a beast. Any other situation it sucks in the realm of sucking. Spotted from the delta quadrant. And the main difference between it and Napalmato is the high fire resistance of the latter.... Oh and the armor is excellently protected by the citadel.

tl;dr. I'm not fond of both "sister ships." You might want to consider saving your free XP until a better one arrives.