You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Phil_Swift_With_Flextape

PSA: Dreadnaught Missions

31 comments in this topic

Members
2,630 posts
5,289 battles

By completing daily missions over the month of December, you can unlock Dreadnaught. There are 62 daily missions in December, and you need to complete 40. 
image.thumb.png.13899defa07865d8bb0dffb19559a9af.png

So good news for all of you, it is NOT going to be a slug-it-out 40 mission special setup. 

If you finish 2 a day, that means you can finish the ship by December 20th. You can miss 11 days out of the month mathematically.

• Cool 5

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
754 posts
4,030 battles

Sweet.  Thanks for the PSA. +1 to you.

Edited by Captain_Slattery

[SIDE]
Members
1,324 posts
9,334 battles

Lol, I'm so lazy. 40 missions for a tier 3 ship is, well...excessive. Glad I already have it tbh, it's an ok ship and it's free for you guys who waited, and the missions are probably easy enough....but 40?

• Cool 2

[4HIM]
Members
1,954 posts
4,780 battles
3 minutes ago, _Rumple_ said:

Lol, I'm so lazy. 40 missions for a tier 3 ship is, well...excessive. Glad I already have it tbh, it's an ok ship and it's free for you guys who waited, and the missions are probably easy enough....but 40?

Yeah.  Quite a bit grindy for a T3 ship.  I don't recall the Vampire mission being anywhere near that grindy.  And after the Cossack grind, I'm kind of ground down at the moment.  

[HYDRO]
Members
1,860 posts
3,961 battles

Thanks for the heads up but can't  bring myself to play daily. 

Gotta pace and focus on completing Cossack, take a small break before getting totally burnt out, then give P.E.F  and Steel earningn a shot if reasonable.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
754 posts
4,030 battles

Looks to me like it's just the daily missions.  There are no "Dreadnaught" daily missions",  just the regular daily missions.  I guess if you do 40 of those then you win.  Please correct me if I am wrong.

[DAKI]
[DAKI]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,844 posts
4,814 battles
19 minutes ago, Captain_Slattery said:

Looks to me like it's just the daily missions.  There are no "Dreadnaught" daily missions",  just the regular daily missions.  I guess if you do 40 of those then you win.  Please correct me if I am wrong.

Just to add to this there will never be Dreadnaught missions. Because the ship's name is DreadnOught.

• Bad 1

Members
2,630 posts
5,289 battles
26 minutes ago, Captain_Slattery said:

Correct

[SIDE]
Members
1,324 posts
9,334 battles
23 minutes ago, Captain_Slattery said:

After zooming in the pics above, it does indeed look like it's 40 normal daily missions. However, a good percentage of these require wins, you know the type where you hope your team and sometimes yourself, are not complete muppets. So it's not really 40 missions, it's potentially worse, lol. You could be playing 60 odd missions if you include wins.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
754 posts
4,030 battles
4 minutes ago, _Rumple_ said:

After zooming in the pics above, it does indeed look like it's 40 normal daily missions. However, a good percentage of these require wins, you know the type where you hope your team and sometimes yourself, are not complete muppets. So it's not really 40 missions, it's potentially worse, lol. You could be playing 60 odd missions if you include wins.

None of the dailies require you to win.  It's just base xp earned.

[edit] Oh.  It does require you to win!  I never noticed that.  Thanks for pointing that out.

5 minutes ago, Phil_Swift_With_Flextape said:

Correct

Thank you for verifying that for me, sir.

Edited by Captain_Slattery

[ICOP]
Members
992 posts
3,604 battles

You can easily achieve the base XP requirement for the last portion of the first part and the ones of the second part by doing operations.  The first two parts of the first part can be done in COOP.

[SIDE]
Members
1,324 posts
9,334 battles

Yeah, I know about the co-op trick. I just find co-op laughably easy and tbh, boring.

[SIDE]
Members
1,324 posts
9,334 battles
5 minutes ago, Captain_Slattery said:

None of the dailies require you to win.  It's just base xp earned..

Thank you for verifying that for me, sir.

Not at home atm, but I distinctly remember normal xp for the first two parts of dailies, then the third part requires 1000xp or so and a win.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
754 posts
4,030 battles

Not at home atm, but I distinctly remember normal xp for the first two parts of dailies, then the third part requires 1000xp or so and a win.

You are correct.  I already amended my post.  Thanks for pointing that out.

[WOLFC]
Members
169 posts
4,253 battles

Gimmicky requirement to be on the computer most days during the holidays for  a BB that is arguably not even the best in its tier and that tier is III?

Just put the dang boat up for sale and be done with it....geez.

• Cool 2

[KAPPA]
Members
358 posts
4,642 battles
58 minutes ago, Anonymous50 said:

Gimmicky requirement to be on the computer most days during the holidays for  a BB that is arguably not even the best in its tier and that tier is III?

Just put the dang boat up for sale and be done with it....geez.

It's sad that the one time I'd want to skip the mission, they aren't making it available by itself. They're trying so hard to sell the bundle, they won't make a sale at all from me, as dreadnought is hardly worth the price of both.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,964 posts
18,842 battles

*original post deleted by user*

I read all this before my first cup of coffee. When I went into the game itself and saw that it was just the normal dailies that most of us do anyways, and that we have an entire month to get it done, realized it was not as strenuous as I originally thought. As a daily player I should have no problem, for those who only have limited time to play, it most certainly could be difficult. IMHO it is still quite a lot to do for a tier 3 ship though, seriously Wargaming, WTH?  

Edited by Taylor3006
  • Cool 2
  • Boring 1

Alpha Tester
2,044 posts
33 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

That is a bit much for a ship I won't get to use all that much and probably will cost less than $10. When I see Wargaming do things like this, I get an idea of what they think of their players IRL. It is disrespectful and they should be ashamed of themselves. It is things like this that engenders distrust of them as a company and as people. They need to understand that this is a two way street, if you treat your players like their time is meaningless, the players are not going to like you very much.

"Do you guys not have time?"

2ls7u7.jpg

[BNKR]
Members
853 posts
884 battles

I'm not even remotely interested in putting in that kind of time for a tier III battleship. We will probably see it in the store for $15 in a couple months. Easy pass on this grind.

[WPP]
Members
621 posts
6,226 battles
3 hours ago, _Rumple_ said:

I’ve done about 50 of these exact same missions each month for the last 5 months.  Usually I’m pretty down on “lots of effort for little prizes” type missions, but this basically says that you play the game and a boat just appears... I’m fine with that.

[FYL]
Members
253 posts
1,476 battles

I have until the 20th to complete this, it'll be close. If anything unexpected happens this month though its pretty unlikely.

[ARGSY]
Members
7,174 posts
4,874 battles
4 hours ago, Captain_Slattery said:

That is correct. This, IIRC, is twice what we had to do to get Helena's special camo for nothing.