You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
MrDeaf

Which would you prefer?

Tough decisions  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Pick one!

• Teammate, who is not only useless, but actually detremental to your objectives.
    • A highly talented individual, but on the enemy team.
  2. 2. Foods

• Bacon
    • Soup

17 comments in this topic

[SYN]
Members
15,333 posts
12,427 battles

Applies not only to WoWs, but games and life in general :Smile_trollface:

Alternatively, there may even be a 3rd option that most of us are not aware of.

[HYDRO]
Members
3,473 posts
4,940 battles

If it's a highly talented enemy individual you can at least show grudging respect during the battle, or even after. If it's someone detrimental to your objective on your team, only rage ensues.

Edited by warheart1992

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
7,748 posts
8,946 battles

Either/or, makes little difference. Call me arrogant, but my team will still, probably, win.

But if I must choose then I prefer, "Teammate, who is not only useless, but actually detremental to your objectives." Because that is slightly easier to compensate for than an exceptionally good enemy team member.

[SYN]
Members
3,495 posts
17,664 battles

The exceptional enemy, they are predictable and you can compensate to try to nullify their influence over the game. As for the potato, he's likely to get you killed

Members
1,484 posts
9,676 battles

I choose the useless team-mate because eventhough I am more prone to taking torps from him(I still remember our khab division where he sank me at point blank range while capping eventhough his torps didn't have the range to reach the red team) as opposed to the red team, he is not 100% useless 100% of the time!

[NDA]
Supertester, Alpha Tester
5,555 posts
4,220 battles

If the bacon is juicy, then I choose bacon.

Members
688 posts
5,656 battles
1 hour ago, MrDeaf said:

Applies not only to WoWs, but games and life in general :Smile_trollface:

Alternatively, there may even be a 3rd option that most of us are not aware of.

Why do I need to pick just one when both of them are entirely applicable to every single match I played tonight.

My team: absolute garbage.

Their team: two triple tryhard divs.

I just love the WoWs MM system and how it consistently punishes you for playing anything but T10, and even when you do, it punishes you for not being able to take 11 div mates into battle to completely eliminate the chance of you ending up as the only player with a win rate over 30% on your team.

But hey, I the CV destruction rework is way more important to work on, right? Who cares if the matchmaker is balanced when you can just middle finger the actually good CV players who are hated (not because they are good) because the game wont match (at least) CV players skill.

[O_O]
Members
5,246 posts
12,038 battles

I picked the worthless team mate.  I did so because I am considering the laws of averages.

I am guaranteed to have a spud on my team.  Put money on it.  So, I may as well choose that option.

I won't always have a great player on the other team.  If I picked that option, I would still have a spud on my team.  Picking the great opponent won't remove the guaranteed spud.

It would be really nice if every game, I had a few other players who were at least as good as I think I am.

Spoiler

"as good as I think I am" is the key, there. :cap_haloween:

[USCC2]
Members
4,778 posts
1 hour ago, The_Painted_Target said:

Why do I need to pick just one when both of them are entirely applicable to every single match I played tonight.

My team: absolute garbage.

Their team: two triple tryhard divs.

I just love the WoWs MM system and how it consistently punishes you for playing anything but T10, and even when you do, it punishes you for not being able to take 11 div mates into battle to completely eliminate the chance of you ending up as the only player with a win rate over 30% on your team.

But hey, I the CV destruction rework is way more important to work on, right? Who cares if the matchmaker is balanced when you can just middle finger the actually good CV players who are hated (not because they are good) because the game wont match (at least) CV players skill.

Ok, again you beat me to what I was going to say.:Smile_teethhappy:

Why choose: I've had both - at some point possibly been both and have not been averse to eating a bacon sandwich whilst playing! :Smile_honoring:

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,595 posts
12,400 battles

I actually had a person like option A on a soccer team in my teens. our team won first place with 0 losses 3 seasons (that would be srping and fall) in a row and his parents thought they could use money to get him on our team. needless to say a sack of rocks would've been more useful than him, he showed no effort and often acted like he didn't even want to be there. needless to say due to his lack of effort we suffered a string of defeats and It was halarious when he lost another game and everyone(even the coach) finally chewed his :etc_swear: out for being lazy right in front of his parents!:Smile_veryhappy: needless to say he didn't show up for the rest of the season and actually tranffered to another team which we completely destroyed in the finals as well as man handled in the chili-tournies leading up to christmas.:cap_haloween: we didn't win first for the main season but we won every other tourny that year and man did it feel good putting that brat in his place and see him walking off crying to mommy and daddy for not "buying" him a win. the new team had the same looks as we had months earlier too. :Smile_sceptic: felt bad for the team he was on and any future teams that had the misfortune of getting him.

Alpha Tester
5,990 posts
2,882 battles

I'd far prefer a highly skilled enemy because at least then I can give them my congratulations when they beat me.

[VVV]
Members
391 posts
2,400 battles

I picked the detrimental teammate. If nothing else, more cannon fodder for the enemy.

[ARP2]
Members
1,368 posts
3,637 battles

In the right ship, i can carry a crap team.   It forces me to push myself to perform.

Its winter so im voting soup.  Bean and bacon soup with grilled cheese, but its still counts as soup.

[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
2,746 posts
10,137 battles

Its It's always easier to show respect for a talented, even disgusting enemy than a despicable ally.

Why?

You never know when either will be on your team down the road.

[STW-M]
Members
3,292 posts
7,750 battles

I care not about the teammate's skill regardless of whether they're allied or opposing, but I do care very much about their attitude.

I'd rather have an average or even a below-average teammate who is good-natured and engages in amusing banter than a unicum who constantly spews toxic [edited] in chat.

Regarding skill, I usually compliment those who play well and maintain their manners, regardless of whether they're friend or foe.

As for soup or bacon, soup is king for me, but...

roasted-tomato-bacon-soup.jpg

Why not both?