Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
pewpewpew42

Who needs an Atlanta to farm on Hermes?

9 comments in this topic

[SF-A]
Members
3,082 posts
6,664 battles

image.thumb.png.d1d1ff635b64ce69bc0f389e16dc541c.png

image.thumb.png.bf269efcf39c8eb237be32f91f4679fc.png

If you can't beat them, join them. Got sick of doing 200k and being below some Atlanta who just camped the back and popped a hundred planes, so I went and did it too. Great team too, so we got 5 stars.

• Cool 1

[RLGN]
Members
10,962 posts
20,042 battles

Haven’t even played it. Narai and UF soured me on T7 Ops. I know Hermès doesn’t permit them; but part of it was loading the Ops down with DFAA ships and basically giving carrier players the bird.

[SALVO]
Members
21,352 posts
21,595 battles
1 hour ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Haven’t even played it. Narai and UF soured me on T7 Ops. I know Hermès doesn’t permit them; but part of it was loading the Ops down with DFAA ships and basically giving carrier players the bird.

Then don't play carriers in those ops.  That said, I don't recall all that many ships in Narai being capable of mounting DefAA.

Anyways, I wish that they'd make one or both of those operations into Axis ships only, just like other missions are Allied ships only.

[RLGN]
Members
10,962 posts
20,042 battles
7 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Then don't play carriers in those ops.  That said, I don't recall all that many ships in Narai being capable of mounting DefAA.

Anyways, I wish that they'd make one or both of those operations into Axis ships only, just like other missions are Allied ships only.

True of course; but I don’t think I ever even 1*’d Narai, (five tries in Nelson,) and the only fun I ever really had in UF was running north like a bat out of heck in Sims to nuke that Eastern Cleveland before it could get on the map.

Did reasonably well with ShinyHorse; and again Nelson; but never really enjoyed the Op. Don’t recall if I ever even 5*’d it.

One irritation was that forts in Killer Whale burned planes from the sky like it was nothing; but the ‘player’ forts in UF seemed like they couldn’t defend themselves from spitballs, much less air attack.

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,141 posts
5,949 battles

by reading the title,i thought you would giveaway an atlanta.oh well.....

[SALVO]
Members
21,352 posts
21,595 battles
11 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

True of course; but I don’t think I ever even 1*’d Narai, (five tries in Nelson,) and the only fun I ever really had in UF was running north like a bat out of heck in Sims to nuke that Eastern Cleveland before it could get on the map.

Did reasonably well with ShinyHorse; and again Nelson; but never really enjoyed the Op. Don’t recall if I ever even 5*’d it.

One irritation was that forts in Killer Whale burned planes from the sky like it was nothing; but the ‘player’ forts in UF seemed like they couldn’t defend themselves from spitballs, much less air attack.

I'm quite certain that I've 5-starred UF plenty of times.  In my experience, the Scharnhorst is a good ship for UF, because it has both strong AA and secondaries, and its guns are just fine for killing cruisers, and more than capable of dealing with lower tier BBs, of which there are plenty.  The Nelson's not bad, but because of its low speed, it's best if it doesn't get too far from the base, whereas the Scharnhorst has the speed to make an early run to the NE to deal with that Atlanta that spawns up there, and get back easily.

Honestly, I'm not a fan of DDs in most of the operations because they just don't have the staying power of a cruiser.  (The Dunkirk op doesn't count because it's strictly a DD op.)  But some people are bound and determined to bring DDs.  And once in a while, the op will drop with 3 DDs and I know damned well that we're screwed unless the non DDs play their butts off and stay alive.  And carry those damned DDs.

[RLGN]
Members
10,962 posts
20,042 battles
51 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Honestly, I'm not a fan of DDs in most of the operations because they just don't have the staying power of a cruiser.

In all seriousness, the choice of Sims was task-specific; it and Leningrad (at the time of UF's original release,) were the only destroyers fast enough to race North and zap the Cleveland before it could even get on the map. Since it wouldn't fire or evade before doing, is was a simple attack to eliminate one of the more dangerous enemies in that Op.

Got home and was able to look.

5*'d Narai with Nelson, (once.)

5*'d UF eight times; (out of thirty-five tries with five different ships,) six times with Sharn, and twice with Sims. I seemed to recall the Sims games had been good ones.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

Sign in to follow this