You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Fog_Carrier_Intrepid

Musashi and Coal Compensation

30 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
226 posts
1,843 battles

Is there any plans on compensating those who have been picking arsenal containers and farming coal for the past months the express purpose of buying Musashi? 

Removal from the Free Exp Store is one thing, as Free Exp serves other purposes, and can be utilized on every other ship line.

The coal, however, has no other use for those who have no interest in the current, nor future arsenal ships.

I can't be the only one who has spent what free time they had, forgoing the lucky containers and credit containers for arsenal containers, just so they could purchase Musashi; under the impression that arsenal ships would never leave the store.

• Boring 1

Beta Testers
226 posts
1,843 battles

Regardless of the time remaining, making a change to a shop that requires a targeted currency that is not easy to farm is a bit much...

Assuming you are lucky and pull in 1200 Coal a day, on average.  It will take you just under 5 months (147 days) to get the coal.  I am half way there, but got nowhere near the time.  

[PVE]
Members
10,849 posts
7,982 battles
12 minutes ago, Fog_Carrier_Intrepid said:

Is there any plans on compensating those who have been picking arsenal containers and farming coal for the past months the express purpose of buying Musashi? 

Removal from the Free Exp Store is one thing, as Free Exp serves other purposes, and can be utilized on every other ship line.

The coal, however, has no other use for those who have no interest in the current, nor future arsenal ships.

I can't be the only one who has spent what free time they had, forgoing the lucky containers and credit containers for arsenal containers, just so they could purchase Musashi; under the impression that arsenal ships would never leave the store.

4 minutes ago, Warped_1 said:

You have months yet, plenty of time.

On the old 4 week cycle, before the Halloween event took 5 weeks, patch 8.0 was going to drop on Jan 9th.

Then patch 7.10 was 5 weeks long. Patch 7.11 looks to be 4 weeks long, meaning that patch 7.12 will drop Dec 19th. Patch 7.12 is looking to be 5 weeks long, so patch 8.0 is looking like it will drop Jan 23rd.

So you have a little over a month to a month and a half to go.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,964 posts
18,842 battles

The only time I remember Wargaming alluding to ships being available for a very long time was Missouri. They never said anything about keeping the ships in Arsenal permanently and as a matter of fact, said that ships would be rotated thru the shop..... Not particularly a defender of Wargaming but in this case, just have to disagree with you. 

[WOLFB]
Members
451 posts
3,842 battles
14 minutes ago, Fog_Carrier_Intrepid said:

under the impression that arsenal ships would never leave the store.

What gave you that impression?

I am looking forward to those ships rotating so I can buy one I actually want.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
226 posts
1,843 battles

If there is only two months MAX til the removal, then there is no point in trying any further, as it is not possible to obtain the coal in that amount of time. 

I understand your case, I just wish I hadn't wasted my time at this point.  

Members
19,036 posts
5,351 battles
18 minutes ago, Fog_Carrier_Intrepid said:

How can you have no interest in future ships, when we don't know what they will be?

No, I'm doing that too, but if I miss Musashi, (45k to go) I'll just keep collecting it until there's something I want.

As far as the containers, is it just me, or do the Resource ones seem to have better signals? I've never had so many ESCL and Sierra Mike signals before lol

Members
19,036 posts
5,351 battles
2 minutes ago, Fog_Carrier_Intrepid said:

That's just it, you don't know if you've wasted it, who knows what else will show up in the Arsenal?

[DPG]
Members
945 posts
4,915 battles
14 minutes ago, Fog_Carrier_Intrepid said:

If there is only two months MAX til the removal, then there is no point in trying any further, as it is not possible to obtain the coal in that amount of time. 

If you still have a ship coupon available then it's 132k coal.  If you don't then you should get a new one on Christmas eve which means you've got a couple of months to reach 132k coal.

edit:  I put new year's eve by mistake.

Edited by Amenhir

[MEIST]
Members
883 posts
3,171 battles
13 minutes ago, Fog_Carrier_Intrepid said:

Can you do it with the coupon? I don't know if you took into account the 25% off. Just asking.

@Amenhirbeat me too it. 

Edited by jager_geist

[HYDRO]
Members
1,864 posts
3,961 battles
29 minutes ago, Fog_Carrier_Intrepid said:

In the Christmas Campaigns you will be able to earn some Coal and Steel as well. If the Steel amounts are large enough and you don't want to hoard it, you can convert it at a quite profitable 1:10 ratio.

If I were you I would continue farming coal for now, then wait till 12.12 when the update hits. Hopefully by then these thins will be cleared up.

[HINON]
Members
9,350 posts

It's probably more feasible to farm that amount of freexp in time depending on your supply of modifiers. This weekend is excellent for it due to the first win bonus. Running with some ops groups and you can get there pretty rapidly.

• Cool 1

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,329 posts
10,406 battles
46 minutes ago, Warped_1 said:

You have months yet, plenty of time.

not to mention we're going to have around 30 steel missions in Dec! you cna convert steel into coal remember!:fish_book:

[PVE]
Members
10,849 posts
7,982 battles

If you can collect 1,750 base XP in a day to complete the first Daily Chain, that is 200 coal. That will also get you past the first Daily container, which is another 400 coal guaranteed by selecting More Resources, with the chance at another 400-800 depending on what drops in the second and third container slots.

If you collect a further 3,600 base XP, you will complete the second Daily Chain for another 200 coal. That should also get you past the second Daily Container for another 400 guaranteed coal.

So you can get 1,200 coal a day, guaranteed, by finishing the two Daily Chains and getting two Daily containers. You might also get another 400-1,600 coal depending on what drops in the 2nd and 3rd container slots.

There are 53 days from Dec 1st to Jan 22nd, so you can get 31,800 to 63,600 guaranteed coal in that time frame with the chance at another 400-84,800 coal depending on what drops in the second and third slots.

Since you said that you are half way, that means you have 67,500 to 90,000 coal.

If you have 67,500 coal, you only need another 67,500 to get to the 135k you need to get Musashi with a coupon, which means you will need to play every day to complete the Daily Chains and get 2 Daily containers and you will get there. Getting the extra 4k coal from the second and third slots in the Daily containers will almost certainly cover that.

If you have 90k coal, then you only need 45k, so would not have to play every day or at least not complete 2 Daily Chains and 2 Daily Containers every day.

If you complete the third Daily Container, then you can get another 400-1200 each day.

Complete the last two RN Stages (4 Directives each) for another 5,000 coal for each Stage. That is another 10k coal.

The Snowflake event will give out coal as well. Santa crates may give out coal. As well as the In the Name of the Highness event.

• Cool 3

[O_O]
Members
849 posts
6,707 battles

Just wait for rank season to start again.  

got a the bulk of the coal needed from ranking.  

[MEIST]
Members
883 posts
3,171 battles
16 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

In the Christmas Campaigns you will be able to earn some Coal and Steel as well. If the Steel amounts are large enough and you don't want to hoard it, you can convert it at a quite profitable 1:10 ratio.

If I were you I would continue farming coal for now, then wait till 12.12 when the update hits. Hopefully by then these thins will be cleared up.

I didn't know you would be able to convert steel. Thanks for the heads up.

[HYDRO]
Members
1,864 posts
3,961 battles
Just now, jager_geist said:

I didn't know you would be able to convert steel. Thanks for the heads up.

No problem, keep in mind there is no standard "exchanger". The prompt to convert will show up if there is an item that you lack the coal for, but can use steel to cover the difference.

[MEIST]
Members
883 posts
3,171 battles
8 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

No problem, keep in mind there is no standard "exchanger". The prompt to convert will show up if there is an item that you lack the coal for, but can use steel to cover the difference.

Even more info, thank you kind Sir. 

[DAKI]
[DAKI]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,846 posts
4,814 battles
42 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

It's probably more feasible to farm that amount of freexp in time depending on your supply of modifiers. This weekend is excellent for it due to the first win bonus. Running with some ops groups and you can get there pretty rapidly.

I just wanted to mention that one has to actually win with weekend teams first. :Smile_teethhappy:

[HINON]
Members
9,350 posts
27 minutes ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

I just wanted to mention that one has to actually win with weekend teams first. :Smile_teethhappy:

I did state ops groups not pubs lol 

[STAR]
Members
2,734 posts
8,003 battles
3 hours ago, Fog_Carrier_Intrepid said:

There are other shps that you can buy with coal. And items. Its not like Musashi is the only item availeble for coal.

There is still time to get Musashi. And there will be plenty of missinons this month that will give us coal. 

[CO_OP]
Beta Testers
190 posts

I think there is still time to get the Musashi if you got tones of the speical free exp flag that gives 777% free exp and other high free exp camo it time to get in a OP group and burn some 

[-BRS-]
Members
958 posts
7,858 battles

Regardless of the time remaining, making a change to a shop that requires a targeted currency that is not easy to farm is a bit much...

Assuming you are lucky and pull in 1200 Coal a day, on average.  It will take you just under 5 months (147 days) to get the coal.  I am half way there, but got nowhere near the time.  

Don't forget clan bonus and the ship coupon. (132k coal w/ coupon.)

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,231 posts
13,029 battles
4 hours ago, Fog_Carrier_Intrepid said:

nor future arsenal ships.

You psychic? Or is this a specific ship waifu thing...

Anyway, there are tons of coal-granting events coming up, and your estimate of 1200 coal per day is quite low if you're specifically trying (400x3 containers + 400 from daily series = 1600 guaranteed, plus up to 2400 additional from container RNG). Of course if you play less than the max, then you'll be looking at less, so maybe that's what you meant. In which case, the only advice I have is to use flags and camos to help you get more containers each day.