You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
driedjello

What the Sam Hill is with the musical horn on the West Virgina? :)

34 comments in this topic

[SIDE]
Members
1,324 posts
9,334 battles

Custom horn. Quoted from LWM:

For 3,000 doubloons, you can unlock the W. Virginia 1941 camouflage in red and brown. While this has the same economic bonuses, you do get a cute horn to toot

• Cool 1

[TAFY3]
Members
369 posts
7,830 battles
Just now, Vader_Sama said:

Now I want the imperial match on my ship's horn

Oh man, WG could charge so much for that, I bet they could easily pay the royalties.  :fish_haloween:

[MEIST]
Members
883 posts
3,171 battles
1 minute ago, Vader_Sama said:

If that was only possible. Imperial March would be great.

• Cool 1

[WOLF9]
Members
3,360 posts

I'm still holding out for a nice, attention getting AH- OOOOOOO-GAH!!!!!   horn.

You know, for those occasions when some binoc'ed in ship is about to ram you, force you into an island, etc.

[MEATS]
Supertester, Beta Testers
174 posts
3,110 battles
48 minutes ago, jager_geist said:

By the way did you buy WV? and do you like WV play style if you did?

Sorry to cut in, but I did. It's Colorado, for the most part. It has good guns, decent accuracy - but it's slow. Glacially slow. If the fight shifts to the other side of the map, you're most likely not going to make it there in time to make a difference. 

It isn't a must have, but I like it. 

[DUDE_]
Members
3,095 posts
13,169 battles
1 hour ago, driedjello said:

This was really funny that they embedded music into the ship's horn:

You must not be from around here....huh..

Image result for deliverance

Image result for deliverance

• Funny 1

[MEIST]
Members
883 posts
3,171 battles
1 minute ago, BrokenGamer said:

Sorry to cut in, but I did. It's Colorado, for the most part. It has good guns, decent accuracy - but it's slow. Glacially slow. If the fight shifts to the other side of the map, you're most likely not going to make it there in time to make a difference. 

It isn't a must have, but I like it. 

Not cutting in at all. Hearing players thoughts on it is helpful, The more the better. Thanks for the input. :cap_like:

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
17,714 posts
18,486 battles
1 hour ago, Vader_Sama said:

Yes, but what ship should get that?  The Yammy?  Or the GK?

Of course, I'm kinda thinking that the Missouri or Montana should get a horn that has in the background "Murica!  (bleep) Yeah!"  Or something more tame like Lee greenwood's God Bless the USA!!!  Or go full on patriotic with the US National Anthem!

[DPG]
Members
946 posts
4,926 battles
27 minutes ago, Airglide2 said:

To bad it wasn’t whistling Dixie :P

Why would it whistle Dixie?

[MEATS]
Supertester, Beta Testers
174 posts
3,110 battles
9 minutes ago, jager_geist said:

Not cutting in at all. Hearing players thoughts on it is helpful, The more the better. Thanks for the input. :cap_like:

Not a problem, I try to help when I can. Another thing to keep in mind is her AA isn't what I'd call good. So a CV will look at you like a seven course buffet table.

[ASRN]
Beta Testers
302 posts
2,470 battles
3 minutes ago, Amenhir said:

Why would it whistle Dixie?

Yeah. Didn't West Virginia split off from Virginia during the Civil War?  It was on the Union side, right?

[MEIST]
Members
883 posts
3,171 battles
11 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Yes, but what ship should get that?  The Yammy?  Or the GK?

Of course, I'm kinda thinking that the Missouri or Montana should get a horn that has in the background "Murica!  (bleep) Yeah!"  Or something more tame like Lee greenwood's God Bless the USA!!!  Or go full on patriotic with the US National Anthem!

For the WV would it be out of place if it had President Roosevelt's speech after the attack on Pearl Harbor. Just asking. 

[DPG]
Members
946 posts
4,926 battles
8 minutes ago, Ann_Darrow said:

Yeah. Didn't West Virginia split off from Virginia during the Civil War?  It was on the Union side, right?

Indeed it did and indeed it was.

Members
200 posts
1,591 battles
20 minutes ago, Ann_Darrow said:

West Virginia Was a Confederate State. The great Hatfield / McCoy feud was based on the fact the Hatfields were Confederate Patriots from WV and the McCoys cousin was from Tenn. that fought on the North Side. (The first casualty of the feud) I am not a historian I learned this from the Mini series on TV the Hatfields and McCoys starring Kevin Costner.

HatfieldMcCoy feud. ... The Hatfields of West Virginia were led by William Anderson "Devil Anse"Hatfield while the McCoys of Kentucky were under the leadership of Randolph "Ole Ran'l" McCoy. Those involved in the feud were descended from EphraimHatfield (born c. 1765) and William McCoy (born c. 1750).

The origins of the feud are obscure. Some attribute it to hostilities formed during the American Civil War, in which the McCoys were Unionists and the Hatfields were Confederates, others to Rand'l McCoy's belief that a Hatfield stole one of his hogs in 1878.

Edited by Nikolay_Kuznetsov_

[ASRN]
Beta Testers
302 posts
2,470 battles
12 minutes ago, Nikolay_Kuznetsov_ said:

West Virginia Was a Confederate State. The great Hatfield / McCoy feud was based on the fact the Hatfields were Confederate Patriots from WV and the McCoys cousin was from Tenn. that fought on the North Side. (The first casualty of the feud) I am not a historian I learned this from the Mini series on TV the Hatfields and McCoys starring Kevin Costner.

HatfieldMcCoy feud. ... The Hatfields of West Virginia were led by William Anderson "Devil Anse"Hatfield while the McCoys of Kentucky were under the leadership of Randolph "Ole Ran'l" McCoy. Those involved in the feud were descended from EphraimHatfield (born c. 1765) and William McCoy (born c. 1750).

The origins of the feud are obscure. Some attribute it to hostilities formed during the American Civil War, in which the McCoys were Unionists and the Hatfields were Confederates, others to Rand'l McCoy's belief that a Hatfield stole one of his hogs in 1878.

Well, judging by the Wikipedia article on the state, there seemed to be a lot of areas of contention.  Pro-Union counties, secessionist counties, accusations of voting fraud on the issue of statehood, and even a court case before the US Supreme Court. 

Members
315 posts
9,874 battles

So how do you mount the premium camo? I got the 'mama package. I can see the flag, badge, & captain, but cant find the special camo...

• Cool 1