Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
warheart1992

First look at a shipload of premiums (Flamu video)

75 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

900
[HYDRO]
Members
1,874 posts
3,968 battles

If anyone is interested and since Wows dev blog has gone silent, found out this was posted a while ago. Obviously all is WiP and subject to change.

 

Please no commenting on how you like/dislike Flamu, it's the ships that matter :etc_red_button:.

Things of note as I watch the video:

  • Yahagi seems to have restricted torpedo arcs, but centreline tubes, not requiring to turn the ship around.
  • Viribus Unitis seems to have crazy tanky bow and deck armor AND a turtleback. The camo is 10.5km without CE, but this will most likely change. Dispersion seems bad, but it's a Tier IV.
  • Leone was shown but nothing new stats wise was elaborated on.
  • Neustrashimy will carry only 2 smokes, 2 repair parties,  2 speed boosts with premium consumables, necessitating Superintendent. 6.2km concealment WITHOUT CE. 5.6km with CE.
  • Azuma has 25mm extremities with 30mm deck armor. Very large citadel above the waterline. 11.6km Concealment with Upgrade and CE. Has actually decent AA. Secondaries are the 100mm of IJN gunboat line with 6km range, so this could be memey.  Main battery has 15.8s reload with the Upgrade. Quite high HE alpha, with 51,6mm HE pen and 27% fire chance.
  • The Prinz Campaign will reward Hatsuharu, Nurnberg, Icarus, Dallas, Normandie, all with permacamos.
  • Some premium ship permanent camos as well as Unique Commanders will be available on the Arsenal for doubloons, at least on PTS.
Edited by warheart1992
  • Cool 12
  • Bad 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
836
[DRACS]
Members
3,637 posts

Heh, it's a Flamu vid. And it's trendy to bash on Flamu on these forums, regardless if he's right or wrong. It's why someone gave you a thumbs down for no reason.

I'll check out the vid later. Thanks for sharing.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
900
[HYDRO]
Members
1,874 posts
3,968 battles
1 minute ago, KaptainKaybe said:

Heh, it's a Flamu vid. And it's trendy to bash on Flamu on these forums, regardless if he's right or wrong. It's why someone gave you a thumbs down for no reason.

I'll check out the vid later. Thanks for sharing.

I could care less for pixel thumbs down personally. Regardless of the creator new ships shown only before on Dev Blog are shown in a bit more detail, with the armor models included. This alone merits posting about it :cap_rambo:.

  • Cool 2
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
443
[WOLFB]
Members
1,837 posts
8,806 battles

Azuma looks really squishy for a "large cruiser". While Zao can kinda works with 25mm bow - 30mm plating and deck, a large ship like Azuma will take damage pretty much every day because of the large size and poor armor. Also the raised citadel is going to be pain to deal with. I hope they will change some things.

 

Anyway ty for sharing. inb4 Flamu haters downvote this thread and turn into a locked thread

Edited by AlcatrazNC
  • Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,184
[WUDPS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,946 posts
4,837 battles

Yahagi and Vibrus look like must buys.

Everything else is trash. 

  • Cool 2
  • Bad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
900
[HYDRO]
Members
1,874 posts
3,968 battles
2 minutes ago, Dr_Venture said:

Yahagi and Vibrus look like must buys.

Everything else is trash. 

If Viribus makes it into the game in the form that was shown in the vid I'm sure it will be nicknamed "Virus".

Edited by warheart1992

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,184
[WUDPS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,946 posts
4,837 battles
17 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

If Viribus makes it into the game in the form that was shown in the vid I'm sure it will be nicknamed "Virus".

The Kaiser's Pimp Ship got replaced with "The Austrian Bull Dozer" 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
900
[HYDRO]
Members
1,874 posts
3,968 battles
2 minutes ago, Dr_Venture said:

The Kaiser's Pimp Ship got replaced with "The Austrian Bull Dozer" 

"Schwarzenegger's 20k ton Rubber Ducky" :cap_rambo:

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,118
[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,349 posts
11,869 battles
29 minutes ago, Dr_Venture said:

Yahagi and Vibrus look like must buys.

Everything else is trash. 

Yahagi looks like utter trash.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
4,932 posts
5,713 battles

Azuma is quite the ugly duckling.

The bridge tower literally looks like one of the dev's modeled Atago's bridge with playdough, and wondered how they were going to make Atago's bridge fit on a battleship like ship, then decided stretched the top part up to make it taller and more 'battleship' like. It's as ugly as Izumo, and oddly, it seems WG seems only to have no imagination when it comes to design study ships, only for the IJN. Other design study ships actually look feasibly realistic, but this thing, and Izumo, look like they took the basic line drawing, modeled it, then called it a day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
900
[HYDRO]
Members
1,874 posts
3,968 battles
14 minutes ago, GhostSwordsman said:

Azuma is quite the ugly duckling.

The bridge tower literally looks like one of the dev's modeled Atago's bridge with playdough, and wondered how they were going to make Atago's bridge fit on a battleship like ship, then decided stretched the top part up to make it taller and more 'battleship' like. It's as ugly as Izumo, and oddly, it seems WG seems only to have no imagination when it comes to design study ships, only for the IJN. Other design study ships actually look feasibly realistic, but this thing, and Izumo, look like they took the basic line drawing, modeled it, then called it a day.

What annoys me is how the aft looks so "empty". If I'm not wrong at that spot torpedo tubes were supposed to be, that would be quite interesting position and potential wise.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,399
[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,329 posts
10,418 battles

looks like a  lot of goodies coming soon, can't wait!:crab:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,376
[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
7,028 posts
10,708 battles

I'm quite intrigued by the Neustrashimy, it's not quite amazing at anything and it has some not particularly synergistic traits - great concealment to get close and knife fight for instance, but then she has less DPM than Yugumo, oh and a 700m turning radius if you need to watch out for torps.

She has railguns and a repair party which are big plusses. You can win a ranged or skirmishing attrition engagement. The torpedoes are a reasonable fall-back option though the reload is a bit punishing. There is a point where 'she can't really gunboat and she's running around like a Fletcher with way worse reload on the torpedoes' but I think there's an interesting little niche for her.

Yahagi looks desperately poor. However... she is somewhat intriguing for reasons I can't really nail down. I like her aesthetic, a centerline torpedo-launching cruiser is unique and interesting. There is still scope to buff her concealment and gun ROF. She might work.

Viribus Unitis with that armor scheme... well that's part of what made Nikolai so OP, on the downside her sigma is poor, turret angles are not as good and her HP is quite low. I'm interested, but she's T4, so not that interested.

The Leone, ugly model IMO, not a fan of the colorscheme, looks bad, has lots of features I dislike - bad turret arrangement. Overtiered to make more money. Nope.

The worst permacamo I've seen in a long time award goes to Azuma, also a paperschiffe, I don't care for the name. Not that interested in the ship, probably a long way away and gated somehow. No bueno.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
4,932 posts
5,713 battles
2 minutes ago, mofton said:

Yahagi looks desperately poor. However... she is somewhat intriguing for reasons I can't really nail down. I like her aesthetic, a centerline torpedo-launching cruiser is unique and interesting. There is still scope to buff her concealment and gun ROF. She might work.

What I find interesting about Yahagi is her inclusion at T5 squarely puts the Agano-class as T5s, meaning the Agano-Kai would be T6.(I don't recall if the IJN CL branch proposals predicted this or not at the moment, I think it varied on who authored the thread)(wasn't there another class of IJN CLs other than Kuma, Agano, and 155 Mogami's?)

So there'd have to be a paper ship at T7, unless WG took away Mogami's 155s and put that at T7, meaning that T8+ would all be fiction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
900
[HYDRO]
Members
1,874 posts
3,968 battles
14 minutes ago, mofton said:

I'm quite intrigued by the Neustrashimy, it's not quite amazing at anything and it has some not particularly synergistic traits - great concealment to get close and knife fight for instance, but then she has less DPM than Yugumo, oh and a 700m turning radius if you need to watch out for torps.

She has railguns and a repair party which are big plusses. You can win a ranged or skirmishing attrition engagement. The torpedoes are a reasonable fall-back option though the reload is a bit punishing. There is a point where 'she can't really gunboat and she's running around like a Fletcher with way worse reload on the torpedoes' but I think there's an interesting little niche for her.

I have high hopes for Neustrashimy personally, mostly cause I hope for the first coal/Free XP DD. As Flamu noted, the firing arcs should play quite a role. Since these are DP guns they should be able to elevate enough to give 360 degree rotation. The 36knots may be an impediment though, I think they are slowest for any VMF Tier V+ DD.

Edited by warheart1992

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Modder, Beta Testers
1,548 posts
2,628 battles

Tegetthoff class had absolute shite torpedo protection.  That could be a balancing factor for the Vee Unit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,118
[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,349 posts
11,869 battles
3 hours ago, AlcatrazNC said:

Azuma looks really squishy for a "large cruiser". While Zao can kinda works with 25mm bow - 30mm plating and deck, a large ship like Azuma will take damage pretty much every day because of the large size and poor armor. Also the raised citadel is going to be pain to deal with. I hope they will change some things.

 

Anyway ty for sharing. inb4 Flamu haters downvote this thread and turn into a locked thread

I don't really see T10 when I look at Azuma.  She looks more directly comparable to Krond and Alaska at T9.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,118
[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,349 posts
11,869 battles
56 minutes ago, GhostSwordsman said:

What I find interesting about Yahagi is her inclusion at T5 squarely puts the Agano-class as T5s, meaning the Agano-Kai would be T6.(I don't recall if the IJN CL branch proposals predicted this or not at the moment, I think it varied on who authored the thread)(wasn't there another class of IJN CLs other than Kuma, Agano, and 155 Mogami's?)

So there'd have to be a paper ship at T7, unless WG took away Mogami's 155s and put that at T7, meaning that T8+ would all be fiction.

Mogami should be a T7 where she was in beta anyways.  If they would have given her her proper ROF, the IJN cruiser line wouldn't be as disjointed as it is now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,376
[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
7,028 posts
10,708 battles
38 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

I have high hopes for Neustrashimy personally, mostly cause I hope for the first coal/Free XP DD. As Flamu noted, the firing arcs should play quite a role. Since these are DP guns they should be able to elevate enough to give 360 degree rotation. The 36knots may be an impediment though, I think they are slowest for any VMF Tier V+ DD.

30° off the bow to bring both turrets into play from GM3D. Not great, but not entirely awful. Identical astern.

Not sure on 360° traverse - that's not applied consistently, Gearing and Z-52 have high elevation DP turrets but no 360° traverse for instance, though model-wise they likely could.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
900
[HYDRO]
Members
1,874 posts
3,968 battles
8 minutes ago, mofton said:

30° off the bow to bring both turrets into play from GM3D. Not great, but not entirely awful. Identical astern.

Not sure on 360° traverse - that's not applied consistently, Gearing and Z-52 have high elevation DP turrets but no 360° traverse for instance, though model-wise they likely could.

Of course, based on navweaps the mount could rotate -204/+204 degrees. Ingame however it may be considered to let it rotate 360 for balance reasons.

Regardless, everything is in flux when WiP, tomorrow we may see a dev blog giving him radar as well :Smile_teethhappy:.

Edited by warheart1992

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,133
[OPG]
Members
4,091 posts
5,896 battles
17 minutes ago, crzyhawk said:

I don't really see T10 when I look at Azuma.  She looks more directly comparable to Krond and Alaska at T9.

The Azuma is an interesting case.  It doesn't look all that spectacular for random battles, but since it pretty much hard counters the Stalingrad I can see it outright replacing the Henri/Hindenburg in Clan Battles.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
443
[WOLFB]
Members
1,837 posts
8,806 battles
1 hour ago, crzyhawk said:

I don't really see T10 when I look at Azuma.  She looks more directly comparable to Krond and Alaska at T9.

 

I think the same thing. 

 

1 hour ago, yashma said:

The Azuma is an interesting case.  It doesn't look all that spectacular for random battles, but since it pretty much hard counters the Stalingrad I can see it outright replacing the Henri/Hindenburg in Clan Battles.  

 

While Azuma have better HP + concealment over Henri (and maybe Hindy), Henri gain better DPM, speed and manoeuvrability. Hindenburg have better armor and DPM. There are maybe some specific scenario where Azuma would be a good pick but I have a hard time seeing her outright replacing Henri or Hindy. 

Azuma fire chance is 27% base. DE+IFHE Henri with all flags is I think 25%-26%. Henri has the same HE damage as Zao.

Edited by AlcatrazNC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×