You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
SRB_Red_Bandit

converting elite ship xp to free xp for free??

26 comments in this topic

[AK-49]
Members
9 posts
2,422 battles

hi, i have 107k ship xp, is gold the only way to convert it?? how do i turn off my ships from getting elite xp? WOT has that option but i do not see it on WOWS

thanks

[O_O]
Members
849 posts
6,707 battles

:Smile_teethhappy::Smile_veryhappy:.....convert exp for FREE?!?!?!? buwhahahahah!!!! hold on to that dream...not going to happen :Smile_sceptic::Smile_amazed::Smile_facepalm:, sweetie...:cap_rambo:

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

Members
663 posts
7,788 battles

Sadly, you can't convert them for free...

The only thing you could wait/do is the 1:35 converting XP to Free XP event which does save you a lot of doubloons and gives you more Free XP in conversion or you could buy a premium account and mount bonuses on your ship (flags and camouflage that gives Free XP bonuses)

[HINON]
Members
9,348 posts

You can't, have to use doubloons to convert. XP is different in WOWS, your commander gets the same xp your ship earns so there is no need to turn it off. This system is more generous than the crew system in WOT.

Edited by RipNuN2
  • Cool 1

[A_51]
Members
380 posts
14,039 battles

This system was designed to provide WG with a revenue stream, and there ain't no way they're giving that up.

• Funny 1

Members
80 posts
360 battles
26 minutes ago, SRB_Red_Bandit said:

hi, i have 107k ship xp, is gold the only way to convert it?? how do i turn off my ships from getting elite xp? WOT has that option but i do not see it on WOWS

thanks

WG occasionally does a discount thingy.  The standard 25 per doubloon gets discounted to 35/doubloon (or whatever).   But  even with the occasional discount events, unless you wanna invest a  whole lot of real money into virtual WoWS money, all that excess exp you pile up will just sit and do nothing.  

Edited by SWANK_BOWZER

[KVLT]
[KVLT]
Members
2,302 posts
7,157 battles

since no one answered, there is no way to "accelerate crew training" in WoWs as in WoT. The only thing remotely similar is when you max out a captain and attain all 19 skill points, the xp that cptn earns goes straight to a shared xp pool which can then be spent on any other captain for free.

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Beta Testers
1,644 posts
4,213 battles
53 minutes ago, Seaneroo said:

This system was designed to provide WG with a revenue stream, and there ain't no way they're giving that up.

Designed so well to get that revenue that here's one of the developers talking about how easy it is to farm Free XP with resources available in game:

OP, Elite Ship XP is definitely an underutilized resource in the game.  I think the video clip above gives us a good indication that the development team does not see converting Elite Ship XP to Free XP to be a major revenue stream.  If they did, it would have driven many of their design decisions in a completely different direction.  Signal flags and camos that boost Free XP generation would either be non-existent or very rare, and the bonuses they provide would be a lot lower.

Unfortunately, with the addition of Coal and Steel (which are still relatively new and somewhat shiny) most players either don't see this, or just don't care.  In my mind, it's just plain bad design, but unless something happens that makes it a pain point to enough players, and painful enough that we all talk about it, I doubt WG is going to spend any effort on improving it.

[WPP]
Members
621 posts
6,226 battles
32 minutes ago, Zhoyzu said:

since no one answered, there is no way to "accelerate crew training" in WoWs as in WoT. The only thing remotely similar is when you max out a captain and attain all 19 skill points, the xp that cptn earns goes straight to a shared xp pool which can then be spent on any other captain for free.

It’s the payoff for a much better system of crew training.  After playing ships, looking at the 3 then 5 then 4 then 5 etc crew layouts in some lines is [edited]insane.  Even though ships doesn’t have accelerated crew training, it’s a much easier way to deal with things.

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
16,315 posts
9,621 battles
8 minutes ago, galspanic said:

It’s the payoff for a much better system of crew training.  After playing ships, looking at the 3 then 5 then 4 then 5 etc crew layouts in some lines is [edited]insane.  Even though ships doesn’t have accelerated crew training, it’s a much easier way to deal with things.

We functionally have accelerated experience but we get it from the beginning instead of after eliting a ship.

[VOC]
Members
81 posts
63 battles

Sometimes WG implies a discount. 35 free xp for 1D. Instead of 25. Still too expensive IMO. 1:100 would becoming to sound somewhat more reasonable as I see it. But I've never seen it happen for free. Then again: overall consensus seems that doubloons have been inflated to neigh oblivion nowadays.

[GWG]
[GWG]
16,315 posts
9,621 battles

I have so much elite ship experience built up that I would need to spend about $2000 to convert it. :Smile_amazed:

[KVLT]
[KVLT]
Members
2,302 posts
7,157 battles
18 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

I have so much elite ship experience built up that I would need to spend about $2000 to convert it. :Smile_amazed:

how much xp is that? im sitting at 8.8m xp lol. never made the calculation cause i was afraid to know lol

[WOLF3]
Members
6,923 posts
2,724 battles
2 hours ago, SRB_Red_Bandit said:

how do i turn off my ships from getting elite xp?

Sure thing.  Stop playing those ships. 

Honestly, why does it matter?  It's just a number.

[WOLF3]
Members
6,923 posts
2,724 battles
19 hours ago, Zhoyzu said:

how much xp is that? im sitting at 8.8m xp lol. never made the calculation cause i was afraid to know lol

Math is hard and/or scary! 

• $2000
  • 220 Db/$ (could be a little more)
  • 2000 * 220 = 440,000 Db (!)
  • 25 EXP -> 1 FXP per Db   <--  wrong  which means the rest is bogus
  • 440000 * 25 = 11,000,000 EXP
  • -> 440000 FXP (not quite half of an Alaska)

So your batch normally would cost $1600 to convert, but only $1143 on sale!  Such a deal!

Buy Alaska** now!  Only $4,500 !!

Hmm.  That is kinda scary.

** The pixel bote, not the Russian territory.

Edited by iDuckman
Math really is hard

[CUTE]
Supertester
4,099 posts
4,179 battles
1 hour ago, StoptheViolins said:

There should be an Xmas sale where you can convert it for cheaper but nary free.

Well there's commonly a 35:1 fxp:doubloon conversion

[WOLF4]
[WOLF4]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
572 posts
9,031 battles
2 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

1 hour ago, Zhoyzu said:

Only 8.8 mil?

elitexp.thumb.jpg.06eba10ac868b9f2678dc9cd1423d622.jpg

I could buy a decent used car for what it would cost to convert all that.

Not to mention I would likely end up divorced if I even thought about doing something like that. 

[GWG]
[GWG]
16,315 posts
9,621 battles
2 hours ago, Zhoyzu said:

Not in game at the moment but that is 245,000 doubloons.

[GWG]
[GWG]
16,315 posts
9,621 battles
47 minutes ago, _GreyBeard_ said:

Only 8.8 mil?

elitexp.thumb.jpg.06eba10ac868b9f2678dc9cd1423d622.jpg

I could buy a decent used car for what it would cost to convert all that.

Not to mention I would likely end up divorced if I even thought about doing something like that. 

I know it is over 245k doubloons and 245k doubloons is $2k

[A_51]
Members
380 posts
14,039 battles
19 hours ago, Fishrokk said:

I think the video clip above gives us a good indication that the development team does not see converting Elite Ship XP to Free XP to be a major revenue stream.  

I didn't say "major" revenue stream.  Please don't mischaracterize my comment so you can make your point.  As far as what the developers "say," well, you can take that for what it's worth.  The fact is that once a ship is fully researched and the next ship in the tree is researched, any additional experience acquired on that ship is completely useless unless you pay to convert it to free experience.  If WG didn't want to make money from this conversion, any additional ship experience accumulated would automatically be converted to free experience, as happens with commander experience once a commander reaches 19 points. They did it this way for a reason.  The only possible explanation is to make money from experience conversion.  Whether it is a "major" revenue stream is irrelevant to the point I was making.

Edited by Seaneroo

[-K-]
Members
1,103 posts
7,614 battles
17 hours ago, iDuckman said:

Math is hard and/or scary! 

• $2000
  • 220 Db/$ (could be a little more)
  • 2000 * 220 = 440,000 Db (!)
  • 25 EXP -> 1 FXP per Db
  • 440000 * 25 = 11,000,000 EXP
  • -> 440000 FXP (not quite half of an Alaska)

So your batch normally would cost $1600 to convert, but only $1143 on sale!  Such a deal!

Buy Alaska** now!  Only $4,500 !!

Hmm.  That is kinda scary.

** The pixel bote, not the Russian territory.

I don't understand your comment about Alaska for $4500.  Alaska is rumored to be 1mil free XP, which would require 40,000 doubloons at normal conversion rate or 28,571 at the 35:1 discounted rate.  Doubloons are available at 25,000 per $100, which is 250 doubloons per $1, so Alaska would cost between $114.29 and $160 if you were to use only converted freeXP for it.

[-BUI-]
[-BUI-]
Members
260 posts
2,136 battles

Do not EVER use Doubloons for free XP, the conversion rate is AWFUL.

[DUDE_]
Members
3,095 posts
13,152 battles

yikes, I looked at my excess xp….. 31mill. I need to play more....