Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

12 comments in this topic

Members
268 posts
3,713 battles

well all the other ships in the game to be short the Allied ships are fine...

However the Axis ships are a bit lacking...

8(

For example...tiers 7-10 BB's and cruisers secondarys cannot get past 9.5km without modifications...and most of the secondarys are wayy too short like 7 and 8km at default....

I have a question....What makes you wargaming think...that me Angel...Wants close range BB combat>???

I prefer to have secondarys open up at 12.5 to 13km and main gauns stay as is...for safety reasons...it is called insanity to get too close....and since most of the Axis ships do not have great stats...I recommend an adjustment to their

AA,Secon dary's and Spotting and Concealment as well as extending the range of the torpedos and spotting the torpdoes by minimum default range 10km....

starting at tiers 7-10 would be great...

and the lower tiers could use some adjustments as well.

This is my opinion of Axis ships in the game....I do not want to play allied ships ...period....they had their victory in real life...

now it is time for me to have my fantasy in this game....

• Funny 1
  • Boring 3
  • Bad 2

[S0L0]
Members
246 posts
5,676 battles

...... What.

The allied battleships (excluding the French, and Massachusetts, maybe) have some of the worst secondaries in the game. 

The Japanese Yamato also have the largest guns in the game. 

No battleship, or any ship, on both allied or axis needs to be buffed to the level your suggesting. They can fight each other pretty well. 

Edited by JB_24

[SALVO]
Members
17,677 posts
18,483 battles
42 minutes ago, JB_24 said:

...... What.

The allied battleships (excluding the French, and Massachusetts, maybe) have some of the worst secondaries in the game. 

The Japanese Yamato also have the largest guns in the game. 

No battleship, or any ship, on both allied or axis needs to be buffed to the level your suggesting. They can fight each other pretty well. 

I think that some buffs might be considered.  But first, it seems to me that the German BBs really need an accuracy buff.  Not necessarily all of them, but some of them seem to have extremely inaccurate guns.  

Regarding tier 10 DDs, I have a completely different concern.  Are tier 10 ships balanced around randoms or clan battles?   Personally, I think that it's a bit annoying that some DDs are just substandard choices for clan battles because their torps just don't have the range to stealth torp, even barely, against Russian radar.  10-10.5 km torps just don't seem to cut it in CBs, which tends to make the choices for DDs there limited.  At the same time, while I am absolutely no fan of carriers, the fact that they aren't a part of CBs means that every cruiser that has a consumable choice between DefAA and Hydro, uses Hydro.  And ditto for AA builds on any ship used in CBs.   I suppose that the silver lining is that everyone is doing this so there's no advantage for team vs team, but it is a pain in the behind if you're a DD player trying to earn your keep with your torps, only to have said torps easily detected because pretty much every cruiser mounts hydro and hydro runs for so long.

[S0L0]
Members
246 posts
5,676 battles
23 minutes ago, Crucis said:

I think that some buffs might be considered.  But first, it seems to me that the German BBs really need an accuracy buff.  Not necessarily all of them, but some of them seem to have extremely inaccurate guns.   

Regarding tier 10 DDs, . . . it is a pain in the behind if you're a DD player trying to earn your keep with your torps, only to have said torps easily detected because pretty much every cruiser mounts hydro and hydro runs for so long.

I fully agree with your entire assignment, now I can't really comment on CB metas because I never cared to take part in them. bit I can say that DDs are a bit too diverse compared  to the other types of ships. This can be seen in all teirs, to some extent. I think they are like that just to keep the DD's interesting for the Random Meta, but that just don't translate well when it comes to competitive play as other types of DDs (such such sneaky, torp boats) are so much better than others types of DDs despite them both taking the same DD slot.

I really don't know much on CB or DD play overall, so  I can't comment confidently (still learning DDs, they are my weakest class. Planning on getting the Gearing soon :D). But that last statement is true for Randoms as well, more like everyone knows that torps are coming and will normally WASD, get spotted by planes, or by other ships that just ran across them, but that's just team-play and smarter players at work , not much to complain there. I'll keep the emeny lit as long as my ship isn't in any clear danger so I still have some kind of impact on the game.

Members
1,526 posts
506 battles
1 hour ago, Crucis said:

Regarding tier 10 DDs, I have a completely different concern.  Are tier 10 ships balanced around randoms or clan battles?   Personally, I think that it's a bit annoying that some DDs are just substandard choices for clan battles because their torps just don't have the range to stealth torp, even barely, against Russian radar.  10-10.5 km torps just don't seem to cut it in CBs, which tends to make the choices for DDs there limited.  At the same time, while I am absolutely no fan of carriers, the fact that they aren't a part of CBs means that every cruiser that has a consumable choice between DefAA and Hydro, uses Hydro.  And ditto for AA builds on any ship used in CBs.   I suppose that the silver lining is that everyone is doing this so there's no advantage for team vs team, but it is a pain in the behind if you're a DD player trying to earn your keep with your torps, only to have said torps easily detected because pretty much every cruiser mounts hydro and hydro runs for so long.

UuogzoC.gif

[CVA16]
Members
2,441 posts
10,105 battles
47 minutes ago, neptunes_wrath said:

UuogzoC.gif

Have to be of a certain age to remember that is Mean Joe (and I grew up near Pittsburgh)

[SALVO]
Members
17,677 posts
18,483 battles
23 minutes ago, Sabot_100 said:

Have to be of a certain age to remember that is Mean Joe (and I grew up near Pittsburgh)

Very true.  I remembered that that was from a commercial starring Mean Joe Greene.  Not certain, but I think that it may have been a Coca-Cola commercial.

Edit: Yes, it was.  And here's the proof.

Edited by Crucis

Members
1,526 posts
506 battles
15 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Very true.  I remembered that that was from a commercial starring Mean Joe Greene.  Not certain, but I think that it may have been a Coca-Cola commercial.

Edit: Yes, it was.  And here's the proof.

• Funny 1

Members
268 posts
3,713 battles

I just wont be happy until they make german cruisers and BB's are little bit more better in detection and spotting range increase and gun and torpedo ranges being increased...for spotting and guns and torps and AA..etc...then I can try to enjoy the game..

Members
268 posts
3,713 battles

oh,and I dont like the speed of all the german and japanese ships cruisers and bb's.

they are all too slow..I want them to go faster

Edited by AngelOfWarAndDeath

Sign in to follow this