Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
odin_loves_bacon

Loving the Cossack buff

15 comments in this topic

Members
8 posts
1,464 battles

The turret buff has made a huge change in the ship, went from having some issues killing DDs to a full on hunter killer, the quick and powerful guns plus the hydro makes it a very very scary ship! 

Case in point, got two Kraken's in a row, I know the damage is not super high on ether. Most of those kills are DDs on each battle. 

Now, 10km torps are a little much I will say, they should be dropped to say 7km/8km to match the other British DDs. 

47011224_2270838353196005_1900760935308460032_n.png

47090548_496512820842805_3295755137544355840_n.png

[R-F]
Members
1,430 posts
8,652 battles

Only played it a few games so far but it does seem very strong.  I thought the single torpedo rack would be a bigger limitation but it reloads very quickly so it's not so bad.

• Cool 1

[KP]
Members
2,066 posts
20,989 battles
32 minutes ago, odin_loves_bacon said:

The turret buff has made a huge change in the ship, went from having some issues killing DDs to a full on hunter killer, the quick and powerful guns plus the hydro makes it a very very scary ship! 

Case in point, got two Kraken's in a row, I know the damage is not super high on ether. Most of those kills are DDs on each battle. 

Now, 10km torps are a little much I will say, they should be dropped to say 7km/8km to match the other British DDs. 

47011224_2270838353196005_1900760935308460032_n.png

47090548_496512820842805_3295755137544355840_n.png

Cool you were able to win on such low damage games. I uninstalled the game after I had back to back 168K and 162K damage losses one with 3 solo caps. It's stupid having to try and carry all the tier 10's that failed there way or paid there way up the tech tree.

Members
8 posts
1,464 battles
14 minutes ago, IronMike11B4O said:

Cool you were able to win on such low damage games. I uninstalled the game after I had back to back 168K and 162K damage losses one with 3 solo caps. It's stupid having to try and carry all the tier 10's that failed there way or paid there way up the tech tree.

I've had my fair share of over 100k loses, I'm still a newish player myself, still fully learning all the ships and their weakness's. 

[-BUI-]
Members
1,330 posts
3,445 battles

I tried 1 game post buff, was bottom tier, radar'ed and blapped.     Haven't bothered to try it again since yet.    Tier 8+ DDs are just not fun in general due to the over abundance of radar.

[SIM]
Members
3,780 posts
6,275 battles

Her torpedoes have atrocious firing angles. If they nerfed the damned things then she may as well not even have them.

[AAA]
Members
507 posts
8,458 battles
36 minutes ago, IronMike11B4O said:

You had to play 18k matches to realize that? :D

People are realizing that in couple of 1000 matches :D

• Funny 1

Members
8 posts
1,464 battles
6 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

Her torpedoes have atrocious firing angles. If they nerfed the damned things then she may as well not even have them.

Most of the damage I'm doing is guns/fire and with a 5.5km detection range its easy to just move the ship for the firing angles .

Members
8 posts
1,464 battles
23 minutes ago, Zenn3k said:

I tried 1 game post buff, was bottom tier, radar'ed and blapped.     Haven't bothered to try it again since yet.    Tier 8+ DDs are just not fun in general due to the over abundance of radar.

I have luck and tend to not get radar'd to death, always watching where the radar ships are. 

[-K-]
Members
6,598 posts
10,949 battles
1 hour ago, IronMike11B4O said:

You don't need high damage DD games to win and/or carry.  Single-handedly taking out enemy DDs is usually effective enough to sway a match in your teams favor.  Anything above and beyond that is just a bonus.

• Cool 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
7,834 posts
12,043 battles

I think the traverse buff was a good one. Although it's 'ahistoric' traverse makes a ship a lot more fun rather than a lot more powerful pound-for-pound in my opinion. Given that Lightning has a similar ahistoric traverse, and that the Jutland/Daring have good traverse and no need for EM it's a good quality of life buff as a trainer.

The reduction to 66s torpedo reload I'm less enamored of. It simply should be a downside of the inherent design of the ship, it cuts into the historic differentiation we have. The Tribal class was an inferior torpedo boat as a result of being the most gun-oriented RN DD up to that point, if not ever.

That's the whole idea.

Hugely narrowing the torpedo DPM disadvantage between Cossack and Lightning is questionable. It was already odd to give better torpedoes to Cossack (sunk Nov '41) than Lightning (completed May '41).

• Cool 1

Members
8 posts
1,464 battles
30 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

You don't need high damage DD games to win and/or carry.  Single-handedly taking out enemy DDs is usually effective enough to sway a match in your teams favor.  Anything above and beyond that is just a bonus.

I get those games, " Damn I did no damage" but I took out the other teams DD's. 

Members
718 posts

Ive played a few games in coop to get the feel for her before going to randoms in her.  I love her, she has the best mix of gunboat and torpedo boat ive run into, keep in mind i have not played every destroyer released.  Her guns will shred most DD quickly and her quick torpedo reload and low detection lets her stealth torpedo her way to victory.  My best game in her was 160k+ dmg, keep in mind thats co op.  I got along side an Iowa and a Yamato at close range and had no issue dealing 5k dmg AP volleys to their bow/stern/upperbelt/super structure so her AP is solid.   Very fun enjoyable boat. Side note I use IFHE on mine donno if others do im using my belfast/DD line capt.

Edited by JToney3449

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
6,408 posts
11,044 battles
2 hours ago, Brhinosaurus said:

Only played it a few games so far but it does seem very strong.  I thought the single torpedo rack would be a bigger limitation but it reloads very quickly so it's not so bad.

That’s the problem with the Kidd. Single launcher, long reload, with only Benson torps. 

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
6,408 posts
11,044 battles
34 minutes ago, odin_loves_bacon said:

I get those games, " Damn I did no damage" but I took out the other teams DD's. 

Same. They’re very fun but not rewarding in the results screen. 

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this