You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
lungiwear

blacklisting potatoes

86 comments in this topic

[BUOY]
Members
325 posts
3,459 battles

WG please dont match me in random battles with players I have blacklisted.

I have blacklisted them for a reason and that reason is that they literally do nothing when playing random battles effectively making that team 1 player less. I blacklisted them because I dont want to play with them neither on my team nor on the enemy team. I dont want to frikkin see them again in game. I dont care if they cant talk to me, because I love crap talking and I am a very salty player.

WG please make note of this, I dont want to play with the frikking potatoes I have blacklisted

• Cool 1
  • Funny 8
  • Boring 5
  • Bad 27
  • Angry 1

[OO7]
Members
3,297 posts
9,750 battles

You would be sitting the q an awfully long time waiting for a match if everyone was able to blacklist everyone worse than them. 

I'll let you in on a little secret. There is a 12/23 chance that they end up on the opposing team. What does this mean?? The better you are, the better your team is as their is only 11 randomly selected players on your team VS 12 on the other team. Over time that means if you are better than the average player your win rate will be higher. If it isn't, then you are already handicapping your team. So focus on the one constant in every battle, yourself. Its the only factor you have direct influence on. 

• Cool 8

[R-F]
Members
828 posts
6,688 battles

I too wish to only have above average players on my team.  Wargaming please give me that ability after you give it to OP.  I know logically you can't do it for everyone but hopefully since I've asked second I got in ahead of the crowd.

• Funny 3
  • Bad 1

[BUOY]
Members
325 posts
3,459 battles
1 minute ago, Ducky_shot said:

You would be sitting the q an awfully long time waiting for a match if everyone was able to blacklist everyone worse than them. 

I'll let you in on a little secret. There is a 12/23 chance that they end up on the opposing team. What does this mean?? The better you are, the better your team is as their is only 11 randomly selected players on your team VS 12 on the other team. Over time that means if you are better than the average player your win rate will be higher. If it isn't, then you are already handicapping your team. So focus on the one constant in every battle, yourself. Its the only factor you have direct influence on. 

There is nothing I can do when my team decides to die within the first 5 minutes. half my team dead, none of enemy ship died, and all our DDs suicided. so no spotting, eventually they flank and kills us 0-10. great frikkin games that are.

Sometimes, I am on team that ruflstomps the enemy, and sometimes im on the team that gets demolished. neither is fun

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[BUOY]
Members
325 posts
3,459 battles
3 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

I save my blacklist for the outright jerks, trolls, griefers, and chat-ragers. 

I might be in your blacklist then  lmbo

Edited by lungiwear
  • Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
7,130 posts
4,860 battles
9 minutes ago, lungiwear said:

I have blacklisted them for a reason and that reason is that they literally do nothing when playing random battles effectively making that team 1 player less. I blacklisted them because I dont want to play with them neither on my team nor on the enemy team. I dont want to frikkin see them again in game. I dont care if they cant talk to me, because I love crap talking and I am a very salty player.

WG please make note of this, I dont want to play with the frikking potatoes I have blacklisted

So you only want people better than you on your teams. Why? So they can carry you to a win?

Fine, but then don't come raging and screaming here when everyone else kills everything else and leaves you with next to no achievements and a credit loss at high tiers.

• Cool 2

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
3,439 posts
Just now, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

So you only want people better than you on your teams. Why? So they can carry you to a win?

Fine, but then don't come raging and screaming here when everyone else kills everything else and leaves you with next to no achievements and a credit loss at high tiers.

I want everyone else on my team to be just good enough to occupy the enemy while I farm damage and kills.  :Smile_hiding::Smile-_tongue:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[BUOY]
Members
325 posts
3,459 battles
3 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

It seems you have a hard time understanding who I blacklist. It is the worst player who literally contributes nothing to the battle. these potatoes dont even deserve the ship they play and probably failed their way up there. I didnt say I blacklisted every single player beneath me in XP earned.

make sure you comprehend the post before replying

also I dont play for achievements. if I get them then good, but I play for the win

Edited by lungiwear
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 3

[ICOP]
Members
992 posts
3,604 battles
1 minute ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

You left out the part, he would be considered a potato and blacklisted. :Smile-_tongue:

• Funny 3

[ONAVY]
Members
870 posts
6,680 battles

image.png.7eb3b21e38b56542080c907ed805e253.png

Edited by C_D
  • Cool 2

Members
324 posts

OP... WG isn't going to bend MM around your personal tastes on who you want to be teamed up with. If they did that, you'd see everyone blacklisting every 45%er and those people would never get in a battle. Learn to play well with others, regardless of their skill. 

Members
80 posts
360 battles
14 minutes ago, lungiwear said:

lol -- yeah right -- I'm sure its a top priority.

[WORX]
Members
2,001 posts
13,484 battles
1 minute ago, lungiwear said:

It is the worst player who literally contributes nothing to the battle. these potatoes dont even deserve the ship they play and probably failed their way up there. I didnt say I blacklisted every single player beneath me in XP earned.

^^ Oh we understand. What he was pointing out was the math. After a while your queue time will be much higher then say others who dont blacklist and just let it go. Next thing you know, here is a dozen forum threads of why queue times are to high.

[CVA16]
Members
2,443 posts
10,105 battles
12 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

Or blacklist all those players better than you:Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1

[MEIST]
Members
883 posts
3,171 battles
12 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Well, under his policy those better players would then blacklist him. So, eventually he won't be able to play a game since everyone was blacklisted by him or they blacklisted him.

Edited by jager_geist
  • Cool 3

[ARGSY]
Members
7,130 posts
4,860 battles
7 minutes ago, Junostorm said:

You left out the part, he would be considered a potato and blacklisted. :Smile-_tongue:

His stats are actually better than mine, so I can't have a go at him for that, but there's an underlying feeling of elitism in what he says which doesn't do him any favours. 

• Cool 4
  • Boring 1

[WOLF2]
Members
1,581 posts
13,607 battles
24 minutes ago, lungiwear said:

A healthy diet consists of modest portions from all the major food groups … 

Including fruits and vegetables, lean meats, wholegrain items and limited amounts of sugary and high-fat foods 

Eat your vegetables or you get NO DESSERT!

Edited by Commander_367
  • Funny 1

[BUOY]
Members
325 posts
3,459 battles
5 minutes ago, Sabot_100 said:

Or blacklist all those players better than you:Smile_trollface:

interesting idea lmbo. but I want to keep getting better not get dragged down by potatoes

• Funny 1

[TDD]
Members
925 posts
8,066 battles
27 minutes ago, lungiwear said:

then quit

• Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[BLUE_]
Members
18 posts
9,116 battles

blacklisting is for messages has nothing to do with them not being on your team.  i found out hard way, blacklisted a bunch of people and they kept being on my team then someone told me its only they can't message you.