Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CTMAADawson

Missions for unlocks of low tier ships?

4 comments in this topic

[SPV]
Members
119 posts
2,665 battles

Just saw the December Dreadnought Marathon mission and it made me think. Why does WG charge $6-15 dollars for T1-T3 ships? If you're starting out, it's a waste of money that could go to buying a better T5-T6 premium. Especially since most missions require you to be at least a T4 (Like most of Science of Victory). And if you've been around for a while the only reason you'd buy a T2 Cruiser is if you're one of the collector fanatics. What if WG applied the Dreadnought marathon mission concept to other T2/T3 ships? That way new players/collectors don't have to spend money on a T3 premium. I mean, there's only about 12 premium T2/T3 ships anyway. So you could swap them out on a monthly basis. Or if WG wanted to make money, they could sell crates that provide a ship mission like the black friday ones. Three for $5 bundles or something like that.

Edited by CTMAADawson
  • Cool 3

[LOU1]
Members
3,174 posts
8,432 battles

This particular ship is more about history than performance.  I also think a lot of the missions and campaigns exist to give the player base something challenging to strive for other than grinding to the next ship.  They are also a less grueling way to build up Xperia, credits, and the like.

• Cool 1

[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
4,145 posts
13,521 battles

They sell then to make money but at the same time they also give them away or reduce the price to very cheap as well as include them in crates/packages and give you doubloons and a free port slot if you already have them. I will buy ones I don't already have for 99 cents as they did a couple not long ago and happily keep them and any I win in the future just because I can. World of Tanks just gave me a tank for longevity. I'll keep it even though I would have never bought it.

Members
1,141 posts
7,098 battles

I'd rather not have "Freemium" low tier ships in the game at all. Every single one we've been offered has been demonstratably worse than its regular tech tree counterpart. 

Sign in to follow this