You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
wtfovr

1941 West Virginia in the shop now

31 comments in this topic

[WOLF6]
Members
769 posts
4,893 battles

West Virginia dropped in the shop today.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/deals/premium-shop-november-2018/

i vaguely remember the stir/controversy it caused.  Anyone know if it was buffed/nerfed from the test version or if this ship is worth getting?

Hoping the mouse review drops soon as well.

Edited by wtfovr

[ARGSY]
Members
12,471 posts
7,908 battles
7 minutes ago, wtfovr said:

i vaguely remember the stir/controversy it caused.  Anyone know if it was buffed/nerfed from the test version or if this ship is worth getting?

The problem with that controversy, as I saw it, is that the uproar over getting WV41 instead of WV44 totally eclipsed any discussion of how good or bad the ship was on her own merits. My big hope is that the carrier rework will allow WV44's anti-air suite to be put into the game in a way that is not brokenly OP, and then down the road they can give us West Virginia as a premium with A and B hulls in the one ship, similar to the complete reconstruction that the Furutaka gets with her C hull, and some sort of trade-in deal for people who already have WV41.

[PVE]
Members
363 posts

I'm afraid i'll take a pass on this version of the West Virginia ,WOWs should have done a better job of knowing what the customer base (in the USA) wanted , on the other hand i'm glad that WOWs listened to the players and will come out with the late war version in the future and nice touch with the Cmdr. Dusty Rodes added as well .

Beta Testers
21 posts
382 battles

Glad to see her for sell! I must be one of the few who prefers the early California class fit with the two mass/pole towers and simplistic look that most American BBs had at the time.

[WOLF9]
Members
91 posts
10,105 battles
1 hour ago, Bill_Halsey said:

So who is this rodes character?

He seems to be a combination of John Wayne and Phil Hartman , so maybe a tough funny guy.

John-Phil-Dusty 01.jpg

• Cool 2

[BNKR]
Members
233 posts
1,936 battles

As a native WVian and WVU grad, I feel obligated to buy, rofl. 

Moved away from WV over 21 years ago, but it's in my heart still. 

[-BRS-]
Members
469 posts
9,423 battles
1 minute ago, CatSnipah said:

As a native WVian and WVU grad, I feel obligated to buy, rofl. 

Moved away from WV over 21 years ago, but it's in my heart still. 

Same!  Go Mounties!

• Cool 1

Members
1,249 posts
6,843 battles

I kinda doubt the wrestler Dusty Rhodes is who WG had in mind when they named the USS WV captain, Dust Rodes. But I could be wrong.

Dusty Rhodes was a lot of fun to watch, and even more fun to listen to his banter. If the captain Dusty Rodes is as comical as Rhodes, it will be fun.

[A_51]
Members
896 posts
20,012 battles

Another new ship?  I already have more ships than I can reasonably play on a regular basis.  And there's something to be said for focusing on just a few ships and mastering them, rather than constantly hopping from one to the next.

[A_51]
Members
896 posts
20,012 battles
1 minute ago, SWANK_BOWZER said:

there was a Blue Angel Pilot named Dusty Rhodes.  But he doesn't look much Like the WG version of the new WV captain. 

10599055494_72e448a635_b.thumb.jpg.d5fbf6ab8b47a35f549a5d4e7efbff65.jpg

There was also an L.A. disc jockey named Dusty Rhodes, but she didn't look anything like the new in-game commander.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
8,606 posts
12,126 battles

Hmmm if it stays in the shop long enough I will get it at some point.

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,067 posts
629 battles

Does the "special" captain do anything special? Or is it basically just a meme decal for your port?

[WUDPS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,039 posts
4,848 battles

Seems like everything game based on WV has been a flop lately....Fallout 76 and now WV 41. 

Lets just...yeah...end the year quietly. 

• Funny 1

[LEGIO]
Members
3,305 posts
6,191 battles

I hear it was a good ship before they nerfed the hell out of it. Now it's slow and inaccurate with no good qualities other than 16" guns which don't matter if they don't hit anything.

Edited by Lampshade_M1A2

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,067 posts
629 battles

So basically it's everything wrong with the Standards in-game turned up to 11 with a real money price tag on it. Amazing. Other than the ability to lolpen stuff, what's the point? How the hell did they manage to given it worse AA than the Arizona?

I'll save my coupon for Wichita or Alaska.

• Cool 1

Members
202 posts
364 battles
1 hour ago, ramp4ge said:

Does the "special" captain do anything special? Or is it basically just a meme decal for your port?

His special skill is that no one knows who he's supposed to be.  Aside from that -- nope -- no turret traverse speed boost -- or time reduction bonus for switching from AP to HE or vice versa.  

Members
202 posts
364 battles
4 hours ago, Seaneroo said:

There was also an L.A. disc jockey named Dusty Rhodes, but she didn't look anything like the new in-game commander.

is this "her"

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/local/cincinnati/2014/02/12/dusty-rhodes-shares-memories-of-beatlemania-in-cincinnati/5431429/