Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
groundace

A question regarding kurfurst's legendary upgrade.

7 comments in this topic

Members
10 posts
4,458 battles

I know that legendary combat missions will stick around after years end, but since I don't have grosser kurfurst yet would I have to snag it this month in order to acquire the combat mission chain? or could i get it next year and still pick it up?

Also side question secondary build or no? I've heard fairly negative things about the damage potential of them at teir x, would they be worth building for? keep in mind I play PvE so getting into secondary range isn't an issue.

Thanks in advance for and advice.

Edited by groundace
Mispelled next

[MOH]
Members
301 posts
1,463 battles

It's just a typo.  Once you get Kurfurst and play a game in it, the mission unlocks.  It'll always be that way, and it won't expire (even though it technically says it will).

As for secondary viability in randoms with the Kurfurst:

1545206680_KurfurstIFHE.PNG.7d95a054164d97b28c5cfc949f46edd4.PNG

The fire damage is from secondaries, not main battery.

[MINVY]
[MINVY]
Members
99 posts
3,439 battles

I split the difference between secondary and survival. I dont use manual secondaries and take fire prevention in its place. Otherwise I build for secondaries.

[MOH]
Members
301 posts
1,463 battles
29 minutes ago, Capn_Nugget said:

No need for IFHE either right?

IFHE is a purely optional skill for Kurfurst.  It's perfectly functional without it, but there are cases where it can be very useful.  As a more aggressive player, I tend to get pretty close to enemy battleships a lot, and it can be (although not always) super useful in those situations.  I also take more torpedo hits than others, lol.  If I were a more defensive player and mostly kept my enemies closer to my maximum secondary range, then other skills like FP/CE/SI/BoS would be more useful.  AFT/MFCSA are the only "mandatory" captain skills (imho) for a brawling Kurfurst.  Everything else is just a choice of player preference between offensive and defensive oriented skills, and you're free to choose as you please according to your playstyle. 

That's actually one of the things I really like about the Kurfurst.  You have a lot of options, and there's no "one way" to build it. 

• Cool 1

[MINVY]
[MINVY]
Members
99 posts
3,439 battles

Good point on the options. I've tinkered with the setup. Might go back again and experiment more. Still a couple days of free retrain left thanks to clan wars. 

Members
10 posts
4,458 battles

Thanks for the advice everyone, I'll probably get it in January or February now that I know I can spend more time getting free xp to make it cheaper. Thanks ;)

Sign in to follow this