Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Taichunger

We need a way to dismiss missions

13 comments in this topic

[INTEL]
Members
10,305 posts
28,801 battles

Hey WG, can we  have a way to dismiss missions? I have zero interest in any of the Twilight games, really hate them. Also, missions involving CVs I dont want either, I don't play them. They are just clutter I have to scroll through to find my progress on missions that I like.

Can we just put a button on them to dismiss them? 

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1

Alpha Tester
10,267 posts
4,608 battles
10 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

Hey WG, can we  have a way to dismiss missions? I have zero interest in any of the Twilight games, really hate them. Also, missions involving CVs I dont want either, I don't play them. They are just clutter I have to scroll through to find my progress on missions that I like.

As far as I know, they don't pop up on your post-mission screen if you aren't playing a ship that's active for it... specifically for event missions so...

What the problem is?

Now wait a minute... you 'dont play CVs' yet are one of the most vocal anti-CV change screwballs out there. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[RIPCV]
Members
287 posts
896 battles
7 minutes ago, J30_Reinhardt said:

As far as I know, they don't pop up on your post-mission screen if you aren't playing a ship that's active for it... specifically for event missions so...

What the problem is?

Now wait a minute... you 'dont play CVs' yet are one of the most vocal anti-CV change screwballs out there. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

He can't count numbers

Edited by New_Horizontal

[INTEL]
Members
10,305 posts
28,801 battles
16 hours ago, J30_Reinhardt said:

What the problem is?

One doesn't need to play CVs to understand their entirely negative impact on immersiveness and enjoyability. Either the Classic CV or CV Lite have exactly the same anti-immersive effect and cancer damage output. The "rework" is a sham designed to mask the fact that the same number of squadrons will be in the air doing pretty much the same damage. WG has designed the whole game around the artillery cancer damage mechanic. Really sucks for those of us who come to play ships, not be XP pinatas. 

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Angry 1

Alpha Tester
10,267 posts
4,608 battles
21 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

One doesn't need to play CVs to understand their entirely negative impact on immersiveness and enjoyability. Either the Classic CV or CV Lite have exactly the same anti-immersive effect and cancer damage output. The "rework" is a sham designed to mask the fact that the same number of squadrons will be in the air doing pretty much the same damage. WG has designed the whole game around the artillery cancer damage mechanic. Really sucks for those of us who come to play ships, not be XP pinatas. 

This is the game for you then.

battleship.jpg.0f4be2d7bf985b8f32d14bb2d3c47a48.jpg

• Cool 3

[RIPCV]
Members
287 posts
896 battles

How about quit complaining and give a try on the class you really despite huh? 

New cv rework gonna drive player away rather then gain more people to play it. You keep claiming cv is broken blah blah blah and want it gone yet never actually give it a try and understand it. :fish_palm:

Grow up lads. 

Edited by New_Horizontal

[INTEL]
Members
10,305 posts
28,801 battles

This is the game for you then.

Naturally, a five year old mind chooses a five year old representation.

[INTEL]
Members
10,305 posts
28,801 battles
15 hours ago, New_Horizontal said:

How about quit complaining and give a damn try on the class you really despite huh? 

New cv rework gonna drive player away rather then gain more people to play it. You keep claiming cv is broken blah blah blah and want it gone yet never actually give it a try and understand it. :fish_palm:

Grow up lads. 

I understand it quite well, and have no wish to play a widely hated ship type that ruins the game for so many other players. I prefer to be in ships that others enjoy engaging, dueling, brawling, hunting, and playing against. 

Alpha Tester
10,267 posts
4,608 battles
9 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

Naturally, a five year old mind chooses a five year old representation.

Naturally, a biased mind wants to do away with an entire class in the game. Which one of us is whining and throwing a tantrum/continuing one again?

Your claim of a single squadron doing the same thing as a multi-squad alpha drop is illogical.

In the current system you can immediately nuke a ship. In the rework, this is far less likely outside of detonations. Sure, you can nuke a ship EVENTUALLY, but it isn't a point and single click affair anymore.

We've been through this illogical nonsense before on the CV Rework topic. Many, many times.

And yet here you are, saying that WG should just nuke CVs entirely.

Good luck with that position, it won't end up in your favor.

But then again, I have a feeling you're the type that will complain about anything/everything.

[INTEL]
Members
10,305 posts
28,801 battles

Naturally, a biased mind wants to do away with an entire class in the game. Which one of us is whining and throwing a tantrum/continuing one again?

Neither of us. Is your own view so weak that all opposing positions must be whining and tantrums?

Your claim of a single squadron doing the same thing as a multi-squad alpha drop is illogical.

In the current system you can immediately nuke a ship. In the rework, this is far less likely outside of detonations. Sure, you can nuke a ship EVENTUALLY, but it isn't a point and single click affair anymore.

We've been through this illogical nonsense before on the CV Rework topic. Many, many times.

Yes. So why are you still holding your erroneous, anti-immersive position?

And yet here you are, saying that WG should just nuke CVs entirely.

No, my position is that they should be in their own mode, so people who want to be XP pinatas can. Then the rest of us can play games that are like 80% of current matches -- without CVs. You know, the ones that no one ever complains about. 

Good luck with that position, it won't end up in your favor.

But then again, I have a feeling you're the type that will complain about anything/everything.

Apparently your position is so weak that you have to keep introducing personalities into it because -- let's face it -- WG itself has comprehensively destroyed your position by hard balancing CVs in the MM, restricting their numbers, banning them from Clan Wars, putting out a whole video conceding the truth of every complaint I have ever made, and then reworking them.

So it is easy to see why you have to keep resorting to this trash.

[RIPCV]
Members
287 posts
896 battles
2 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

I understand it quite well, and have no wish to play a widely hated ship type that ruins the game for so many other players. I prefer to be in ships that others enjoy engaging, dueling, brawling, hunting, and playing against. 

Understand? Im pretty sure you are not. 

A couple of points

CV is only class that have limited ammunition name planes. They only get a strike every couple of minutes. You have plenty of time to prepare and position yourself away from spot that CV can eliminate you. Beside, CV will bleed a lot if you stick with AA or spec for one and eventually they will run out of planes to strike or go after someone else. The concept of they can attack without getting hit in return is misleading since HP of CV is the plane not the ship.

You claim CV is Arty of wows yet never try one. CV is not a lazy class unlike atry, it require you to put an effort to be efficient at them. And CV belong to wows simply because it add more depth in gameplay which this game desperately needed. Why would you want game to be dumb down to shooting range. Many people i know quit wows simply because its too one dimension to shooting range which other games offer much better experience. 

Should not be too hard to give them some love and see it in differnt point of view.

Community Department
2,708 posts
779 battles
1 hour ago, Taichunger said:

I can't assure you with positive answer. It's a significant part of the game that we don't plan to put away even with dismiss button.
If you don't like it you may not use it. All missions though may be passed without playing on the certain class. You have options. You may pass one task many times. 
Thank you for your feedback. 
Sorry, but I need to lock the topic because it went non-constructive.