You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
General_Lee_Miserable

PSA: West Virginia 41 Special Camo

16 comments in this topic

[-K-]
Members
6,466 posts
10,747 battles

It is a weird looking camo.  Not sure what they were trying to achieve with it, as it doesn't look historically significant in any way.

Also, does the Dusty Rodes commander have any special perks?

[SALVO]
Members
21,031 posts
21,109 battles
19 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

It is a weird looking camo.  Not sure what they were trying to achieve with it, as it doesn't look historically significant in any way.

Also, does the Dusty Rodes commander have any special perks?

None that are mentioned in the sale page.  Just 10 skill points.

• Cool 2

[SIX]
Beta Testers
73 posts
2,726 battles

OK so, no perks on the cpt, stupid sounding music background for the horn and bad looking camo. If I buy anything it will be the base package.  Thanks for the info!

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
21,031 posts
21,109 battles
14 minutes ago, Vettish said:

OK so, no perks on the cpt, stupid sounding music background for the horn and bad looking camo. If I buy anything it will be the base package.  Thanks for the info!

It's a rare time that I buy anything other than the base package for any premium ship.

• Cool 1

[-K-]
Members
6,466 posts
10,747 battles

This WV '41 reminds me of the Musashi/Yamato debate.  We know (or at least have been promised) that a late war version of West Virginia will make it to game at some point in the future, so why buy a neutered version of a ship when you know at some point will get the full strength one? 

[WOLFC]
Members
1,182 posts
2,840 battles
4 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

This WV '41 reminds me of the Musashi/Yamato debate.  We know (or at least have been promised) that a late war version of West Virginia will make it to game at some point in the future, so why buy a neutered version of a ship when you know at some point will get the full strength one? 

Maybe current owners get a discount when upgraded one releases?

[-K-]
Members
6,466 posts
10,747 battles
1 minute ago, Legio_X_ said:

Maybe current owners get a discount when upgraded one releases?

Highly doubtful.  There has never been a precedent as such before, nor is there any incentive for WG to compromise their profit margin in such a scenario.

[BS]
Members
1,524 posts
8,089 battles

Not interested in this ship. I bet it has colorado's gun dispersion/sigma... Ew. I miss the old Colorado that had less health and better accuracy.

Members
202 posts
364 battles

CV rework impending...marginal AA on WV.    As soon as the air attack reworks are intro'd into the game we are  more than likely going to see a huge influx of CV players  back into the game and another shift in the tactics\meta of randoms.  My guess is that any ship with trash-AA will be mothballed to dust collection -- or dusty bottoms collection -- whatever.   While I was initially tempted by having a USN Captain trainer armed with 16-inchers' at Tier 6, I think long-term, this will be a really poor way to invest $33 into this game.      

[WOLF9]
Members
89 posts
9,635 battles
3 hours ago, Ace_04 said:

To me it looks like the detailing on cowboy boots

Members
1,928 posts
8,337 battles
3 hours ago, Counter_Gambit said:

I'm still eyeballing the Asashio B, to worry about WV41.

It's a good deal on a tier 8 DD... even one that is very situational in use. 

[NWNG]
Members
2,821 posts
4,689 battles
18 minutes ago, Gen_Saris said:

It's a good deal on a tier 8 DD... even one that is very situational in use. 

no money:Smile_sad:

oh well, that's life for you.

[WOLF3]
Members
20,442 posts
18,784 battles
5 hours ago, Ace_04 said:

Musashi still inherits almost everything from Yamato and does it 1 tier lower, is cheaper to run, and on some occasions, gets to troll Tier VII ships.  Yamato gets the X Legendary as befits a Tier X, has the better Sigma and later war Refit.  Musashi still has 460mm LOLPEN guns, Tier X BB armor, Tier X HP.  Musashi is the one Tier IX BB that can look at the heaviest armor from even Tier X BBs and not give a fk.

WV41 only inherits Colorado's guns, shells.  Nothing else.  Everything else, I'd say AZ and NM are better.

But Musashi could be attained for free via Coal...

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway