You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Zhoyzu

Salem repair cost????

17 comments in this topic

[KVLT]
[KVLT]
Members
2,302 posts
7,157 battles

whats the deal with this boat? the store page says it has half the repair cost of a tier 10 BEFORE any camos are applied. so when using the camo, is it additive or multiplicative? 100% discount or 75% discount? or most likely redundant calculation so no added bonus from camo?

Been mulling over acquiring it to sit next to my DM as theres nothing to spend coal on. But if it doesnt even grind credits better than an erie, no value.

[PVE]
Members
6,454 posts
11,467 battles
28 minutes ago, Total_Failure said:

it cost 90k to service, then take another 50% off for the camomit comes with =45k service cost fixed every time

Yes and no. Ammo cost is in addition to that for the full service fee

[GOFU]
Beta Testers
781 posts
8,082 battles
4 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Thx for adding that, my bad.  :)

[PVE]
Members
6,454 posts
11,467 battles
3 minutes ago, Total_Failure said:

Thx for adding that, my bad.  :)

Nothing bad about what you posted. You were correct. Just pointing it out because if people don't expand the service fee section they won't see that ammo is a separate charge that is part of the overall service fee. I didn't know that myself for the longest time.

:Smile_honoring:

[TDRB]
Members
1,324 posts
5,043 battles
6 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Nothing bad about what you posted. You were correct. Just pointing it out because if people don't expand the service fee section they won't see that ammo is a separate charge that is part of the overall service fee. I didn't know that myself for the longest time.

:Smile_honoring:

I just found out that ammo is a separate charge.

[ARGSY]
Members
7,185 posts
4,880 battles
53 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

But the ammo is something you control. The fixed service fee isn't, and it's good to see it that low at that tier.

That alone makes her more valuable to me than the Des Moines. I hope I can get enough coal together before they pull her.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,284 posts

Salem... the name alone will il_570xN.614500890_jns1.jpg you... 

You do see the resemblance to one of WoWS spokespersons don't you? 

More on topic, I have never had a match in my Salem cost me coins. About the only way you'd lose money would be parking her and going AFK. 

I have both ships. I got the special Salem camo they offered on her... she's a hoot to play and a looker... Besides that... if you have any USN commanders in need of training, she can do it - Des Moine cannot. 

[BIG-7]
Beta Testers
142 posts
6,914 battles

I agree,  was up in the air, got it a couple of weeks ago and have had some of the most fun battles in a long time.  Have consistently made money.

[SIM]
Members
2,682 posts
4,423 battles

While I appreciate that she might be a bit redundant for Des Moines owners, I’ve enjoyed my time with Salem and find her to be a very effective ship.

[KVLT]
[KVLT]
Members
2,302 posts
7,157 battles
10 hours ago, Total_Failure said:

it cost 90k to service, then take another 50% off for the camomit comes with =45k service cost fixed every time

so its multiplicative, thanks. this is the info i needed

[KVLT]
[KVLT]
Members
2,302 posts
7,157 battles
8 hours ago, Herr_Reitz said:

I have both ships. I got the special Salem camo they offered on her... she's a hoot to play and a looker... Besides that... if you have any USN commanders in need of training, she can do it - Des Moine cannot. 

thats part of the problem i have with biting the bullet because my DM has one of my 3 19pt cptns, and i own an atlanta for the worchester split. and on top of it all i have all the USN t10s.

From the information ive been seeing about the Salem is its a slightly more durable DM which is definitely appealing. With my luck ill get the salem then WG will drop the alaska and then ill be screwed lol

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Members
80 posts
360 battles
11 hours ago, Zhoyzu said:

whats the deal with this boat? the store page says it has half the repair cost of a tier 10 BEFORE any camos are applied. so when using the camo, is it additive or multiplicative? 100% discount or 75% discount? or most likely redundant calculation so no added bonus from camo?

Been mulling over acquiring it to sit next to my DM as theres nothing to spend coal on. But if it doesnt even grind credits better than an erie, no value.

What do expect from your premiums...Profitability???  

[KVLT]
[KVLT]
Members
2,302 posts
7,157 battles
3 minutes ago, SWANK_BOWZER said:

What do expect from your premiums...Profitability???  

as long as you can play like an idiot and make greater than a net loss then they are profitable enough in most cases. I do like having premiums be a different flavor than tech tree counterparts. For example, ATL before worchester split.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,964 posts
18,844 battles

You can use Salem in co-op and still earn credits on an average game. That is practically unheard of for ships of tier 8+ except a very few (i.e. MO, Atago, Kutuzov, & Tirpitz). Granted she doesn't rake them in like Missouri but the fact you can play Salem against the bots and still make 10k+ in credits as profit, makes her stand out for me. You can earn much more on good games of course. 

[GOFU]
Beta Testers
781 posts
8,082 battles
3 hours ago, Taylor3006 said:

You can use Salem in co-op and still earn credits on an average game. That is practically unheard of for ships of tier 8+ except a very few (i.e. MO, Atago, Kutuzov, & Tirpitz). Granted she doesn't rake them in like Missouri but the fact you can play Salem against the bots and still make 10k+ in credits as profit, makes her stand out for me. You can earn much more on good games of course. 

This is very true ^^^^^

Beta Testers
1,331 posts
6,750 battles
5 hours ago, Zhoyzu said:

so its multiplicative, thanks. this is the info i needed

Well, yes and no.   Service costs are fixed and are unique to each ship.  WG has standardized them by tier and ship type, and in the case of salem there isn't actually any -50% modifier anywhere.  It's unique service cost is just set to be 90k, which is half the value of a normal t10 cruiser, and which is why it's described as -50%.  But technically speaking, there's no modifier in play.