You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
UltimateNewbie

Royal Navy Destroyer Collection - complete

15 comments in this topic

[FML]
Members
1,921 posts
10,605 battles

So, after 15 duplicates (8 of which were the 'Coastal Operations' camo alone), I've now finished the RN DD collection. 

Anyone else get a crazy number of duplicates, or did you finish days ago?

I am looking forward to the day, sometime this decade, when Haida is listed in the tech tree for doubloons, so I can buy her and try out the new camo I just bought.  Until then, I'm now rocking my Leander with both the black pirate flag from ranking out, as well as the big pink kiss to wish my vanquished enemies the best. 

[FOXEH]
Members
3,421 posts
12,809 battles

I've traded in 15 dups and have three available. I need only one more "gun mount" piece to go and I expect it'll be two more dups to get it.

[O_O]
Members
4,619 posts
10,031 battles

I really wouldn't trade in duplicates until you have enough to get all remaining collection pieces.  It will probably take longer to complete your collection if you do.  Here's an example why:

Let's say you need "hammer" and "wrench" to complete your collection.  You have 5 duplicates, and you spend all 5 on "hammer".  Tomorrow, you get another "hammer" from a drop crate (now a duplicate).  This drop could have finished your collection, as you got "hammer" from a crate and would have had 5 duplicates had you not spent them.  What you have instead is "hammer" and one duplicate...you just burned 4 duplicates for zero gain.

Now double or triple this if you buy two or three collection pieces with duplicates before you have enough to complete the collection...

• Cool 2

[-S-R-]
Beta Testers
701 posts
12,818 battles
38 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

I really wouldn't trade in duplicates until you have enough to get all remaining collection pieces.  It will probably take longer to complete your collection if you do.  Here's an example why:

Let's say you need "hammer" and "wrench" to complete your collection.  You have 5 duplicates, and you spend all 5 on "hammer".  Tomorrow, you get another "hammer" from a drop crate (now a duplicate).  This drop could have finished your collection, as you got "hammer" from a crate and would have had 5 duplicates had you not spent them.  What you have instead is "hammer" and one duplicate...you just burned 4 duplicates for zero gain.

Now double or triple this if you buy two or three collection pieces with duplicates before you have enough to complete the collection...

That is basic mathematical solutions +1. 

Tldr keeps play collections till the number of duplicates when you trade them will finish the whole collection. 

and im on 9/16 now with  +12 duplciates so i need grind more:D

Edited by Gandariel

[TAW]
Members
16 posts
3,761 battles

Completed my collection about 2 days ago. completed half of the collection and used the 10 duplicates i had in stockpile to complete it. Still getting British containers so will be getting silver credits.

[USCG]
Members
250 posts
13,442 battles

Still need two ship crests & one gun mount. Have 11 dups in reserve, most of them were camo if I remember correctly.  Should wrap this collection up this weekend!

[RTXN]
[RTXN]
Members
9 posts
5,271 battles

The complete collection rewards listed are:

the Royal Navy - Lighting camo "1"

the British Commonwealth - Haida camo "1"

British collection commemorative flag   (btw this collection is not listed at http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Collections ) 

The camo rewards are not listed on the wiki at http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Camouflage   

Are these perma camo's?  Or do you really only get a one-time use out of these

And what are the camo bonuses?   

[PVE]
Members
10,832 posts
7,957 battles
2 hours ago, k3for said:

The complete collection rewards listed are:

the Royal Navy - Lighting camo "1"

the British Commonwealth - Haida camo "1"

British collection commemorative flag   (btw this collection is not listed at http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Collections ) 

The camo rewards are not listed on the wiki at http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Camouflage   

Are these perma camo's?  Or do you really only get a one-time use out of these

And what are the camo bonuses?   

The Haida and Lightning are perma-camos. They will have the combat bonus, -10% service cost and +50% XP. The perma-camos will wait in the inventory until you get the ship.

Since I'm on Jervis and don't need the Lightning perma-camo yet, I'll just let the collection complete on its own and the duplicates will be converted to 15,000 credits each for a little bonus silver.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,697 posts
10,076 battles
14 hours ago, UltimateNewbie said:

So, after 15 duplicates (8 of which were the 'Coastal Operations' camo alone), I've now finished the RN DD collection. 

Anyone else get a crazy number of duplicates, or did you finish days ago?

I am looking forward to the day, sometime this decade, when Haida is listed in the tech tree for doubloons, so I can buy her and try out the new camo I just bought.  Until then, I'm now rocking my Leander with both the black pirate flag from ranking out, as well as the big pink kiss to wish my vanquished enemies the best. 

From your description my experience was about the same. Finished last night and used 15 dubs to buy the last three. 

[ARSE]
[ARSE]
Members
25 posts
4,262 battles

I'm at 14/16 and have 16 duplicates. I refuse to spend the dups until the event is over. At 15K per, using 4 to complete 1 piece that I may get in tomorrows crate is throwing away 60K in credits. Those dups are currently worth 225K which is a decent amount for us credit poor folk. :p

Edited by BC_Wolfen

[PVE]
Members
10,832 posts
7,957 battles
41 minutes ago, BC_Wolfen said:

I'm at 14/16 and have 16 duplicates. I refuse to spend the dups until the event is over. At 15K per, using 4 to complete 1 piece that I may get in tomorrows crate is throwing away 60K in credits. Those dups are currently worth 225K which is a decent amount for us credit poor folk. :p

You can set the RN DD collection to drop from Daily containers, so you can let the collection complete on its own and farm duplicates for credits.

Members
1,473 posts
12,578 battles

Have 11 out of the 16 elements with 15 dups at this point - at worst have five more to get or if I get lucky two more.  Will see what I get tonight, was able to finish the Cossack grind last night, played one battle in her and now want to finish the collection to put the very, very looooong RN event behind me.

[BNKR]
Members
214 posts
1,900 battles

Need 4 more pieces, have 10 duplicates.  So once I hit the combination of remaining pieces solvable via duplicates, I will cash them in to complete the collection.