Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Your_Ship_Is_On_Fire

Repair Party & Torpedo direct damage

5 comments in this topic

Members
454 posts
7,952 battles

Why is it sometimes you can repair the direct damage from torpedoes, other times you can't? I noticed it seems to vary a lot. Example is shima torps are for sure zero damage recovery from the strike. CVs on the other hand I can repair quite a bit of it. I had thought this would be addressed in how it works but didn't seem to be.  Maybe this is a byproduct of sectional health pools? Meaning if section is considered destroyed then no HP can be recovered from it.

Edited by Your_Ship_Is_On_Fire

[WOLFB]
Members
1,819 posts
8,751 battles

depends on where the torps hit.

If the torps hit the nose you'll receive 100% torps damage but you can also heal a bit however if you hit it on the torps belt protection, you'll receive less damage but you can't repair that damage. 

Members
454 posts
7,952 battles
9 minutes ago, AlcatrazNC said:

depends on where the torps hit.

If the torps hit the nose you'll receive 100% torps damage but you can also heal a bit however if you hit it on the torps belt protection, you'll receive less damage but you can't repair that damage. 

Okay maybe this is it. I just dont understand recovery co-efficient. Looks like its just how much of it can be recovered as you say. Then it seems like ships with terrible anti-torpedo bulges could be in a worse place due to the lower co-efficient then getting hit at the for or aft ends. Not sure how low of a percentage the bulges would need to be for that. 

Edited by Your_Ship_Is_On_Fire

[USCC2]
Members
3,798 posts

WG can adjust torpedo belt armour to the ship type if they believe it will help a ship; or lower/higher citadels if needed; for balance.

A bit like lowering the amount of fire chance, torpedo damage....or AP damage. Some seem easier to accept than others it seems. :Smile_honoring:

Members
427 posts
5,475 battles
3 hours ago, Your_Ship_Is_On_Fire said:

Okay maybe this is it. I just dont understand recovery co-efficient. Looks like its just how much of it can be recovered as you say. Then it seems like ships with terrible anti-torpedo bulges could be in a worse place due to the lower co-efficient then getting hit at the for or aft ends. Not sure how low of a percentage the bulges would need to be for that. 

Any torp damage that is suffered to the bulge or center of the ship is considered citadel damage.

Any torp damage to the bow or stern is not, and can be healed as such.

Sign in to follow this