You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Brhinosaurus

Replay controls?

9 comments in this topic

[R-F]
Members
838 posts
6,710 battles

So... anybody know what the controls are in replays? going backwards and forwards in time, free camera, that kind of thing?

Brhino you idiot why don't you just google it?

Okay well first of all Other Brhino you're being very rude right now.  Second of all, I did google it.  I found lots of posts about it, and, depending on when they were written, they're all different.  It seems like the controls are never the same from version to version, so whatever somebody posted six months or a year ago won't be useful now.

Fine.  There's not that many keys on the keyboard.  Why don't you just try them all and tell us what they do?

Yeah I tried that too.  So far all I've found is that "." skips the video forward a minute or so.  Haven't found anything that goes backwards, or plays slow motion, or whatever.  Left clicking the mouse seems to toggle between what your view was when you played and free view, but even in the free view you're stuck to your own ship, not a true free camera that can go anywhere. "b" brings up the chat command wheel! Well that's useful.

[-K-]
WoWS Wiki Editor, Members, Supertester, WoWS Community Contributors
4,819 posts
15,944 battles
17 hours ago, Brhinosaurus said:

Thanks.  God, these controls make no sense whatsoever.  And You have to NOT hit "start battle", because of course.

The "don't hit start battle" glitch no longer exists.  After a few hundred replays, it becomes a little easier to use ;)

[WJDC]
Members
66 posts
1,843 battles
1 hour ago, Lord_Zath said:

The "don't hit start battle" glitch no longer exists.  After a few hundred replays, it becomes a little easier to use ;)

Lordy, Lord. Could you get someone to make a wiki page on this? I just asked the same question a week ago and it seems like this will be an ongoing problem if no one steps up and makes a page. I mean, I enjoyed your video about that but, as you note, that's out of date as well.

Also, to be clear, there is no rewind, correct?

[WAG]
Members
1,418 posts
8,069 battles

OK... Why oh why has WG not made a set of instructions and pinned it to a forum???????????  Why??  Hello?  Beuller? Beuller???

[-K-]
WoWS Wiki Editor, Members, Supertester, WoWS Community Contributors
4,819 posts
15,944 battles
On 11/30/2018 at 7:04 PM, shokNgnaw said:

Lordy, Lord. Could you get someone to make a wiki page on this? I just asked the same question a week ago and it seems like this will be an ongoing problem if no one steps up and makes a page. I mean, I enjoyed your video about that but, as you note, that's out of date as well.

Also, to be clear, there is no rewind, correct?

There is a rewind...  it's the < key, though it often breaks the replay.  

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,913 posts
15,363 battles

The worst thing with the replays is that after an update or two, any and every replay you had can't be used.  It's out of date for the current version of the game.

[PSP]
Members
6,687 posts
9,799 battles
4 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

The worst thing with the replays is that after an update or two, any and every replay you had can't be used.  It's out of date for the current version of the game.

Some people save a copy of each client for replay viewing but unless you are a Contributor with old replays to put on YouTube it really isn't worth the hassle.