You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Elo_J_Fudpucker

You could have asked!!!

14 comments in this topic

[WAG]
Members
1,414 posts
8,054 battles

Why?  Why did you reduce replays to 30?  Why 30?  Why not 40  or 20 or 60?

WHY NOT ASK THE USER BASE WHAT THEY WOULD PREFER???  ( yes I know I am shouting)

..and yes I just lost a replay I wanted to make a video on, and yes I suppose I could have edited whatever file you have to edit that users had to figure out...

but the questions stands... Why did they  add the restriction? Why did they choose 30? Why did they not ask the user base what they would prefer?

harrumph

Edited by Elo_J_Fudpucker
  • Cool 1
  • Bad 2

[SYN]
Members
7,338 posts
7,771 battles
13 minutes ago, ElectroVeeDub said:

So that a player doesn't accidentally accumulate 2 terabytes of old replays inadvertently? Makes sense to me...

Replays don't take up much space, actually.

[SYN]
Members
7,338 posts
7,771 battles
16 minutes ago, ElectroVeeDub said:

So that a player doesn't accidentally accumulate 2 terabytes of old replays inadvertently? Makes sense to me...

For instance, my last years worth of replays only takes up 3.7GB.

[XBRTC]
Members
1,659 posts
7,914 battles
17 minutes ago, ElectroVeeDub said:

At ~2mb per, you'd have to have something like 2,000,000 battles to do that.

[DENY]
Members
249 posts
6,961 battles
22 minutes ago, ElectroVeeDub said:

Who cares about 2TB of data? That's an SSD.

Even 8TB drives are cheap these days. I don't need companies deciding they should be housecleaning my hard-drives.

[WAG]
Members
1,414 posts
8,054 battles

It isn't the size.. . It is what you do with it...

The point is, they could have asked..... it would have been a simple thing.... post a survey and give a range of numbers and poof an answer that doesn't "come out of nowhere" and is actually something the user base at least had some input into.

Sometimes WG, you just don't think!!!!  You could have "engaged" the user base and given them something absolutely meaningless to participate in, an opportunity to allow the user base to have  a say in something, even as trivial as the number of replays allowed.

THINK WG , THINK!!!  This is really a great demonstration how it does not even occur to you that something you would change might have a negative effect on the user base.

...oh well... I won;t give up on the game, but I have given up on WG actually considering what players want and need... Communication is *still* a big problem at WG.. it is not just about broadcasting *to* the user base, it is about engaging them in a real and meaningful way that has results and actual affect on the process.

[TMS]
Members
85 posts
10,385 battles

No [crap] they could have asked. Or at least notified us better than a short paragraph in the update news.

I had several of my favorite replays saved. Now they're gone. Thanks a lot.

(And no, they're not in the recycle bin)

Edited by 17L20

[WOLF3]
Members
6,923 posts
2,724 battles

11 minutes ago, 17L20 said:

(And no, they're not in the recycle bin)

This is what pisses me off most of all.  The API for a cold delete and the API for a move to Recycle are almost identical.  They could easily have done the right thing.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
266 posts
4,940 battles
2 hours ago, iDuckman said:

. . .

They could easily have done the right thing.

WG? do the right thing? :Smile_veryhappy:

Members
200 posts
1,591 battles

More of the same ole same ole. WG has infiltrated your computers and has control of them. This is of course the first of many intrusions for the cyber units you have allowed into your HD.

[O_O]
Members
849 posts
6,707 battles

hell! i don't even know how to retrieve a play in the first place.. :Smile_hiding:

doesn't seem easy either since i keep bringing that question...up...no one really answers how to do it.  :Smile_facepalm:

[XBRTC]
Members
1,659 posts
7,914 battles
26 minutes ago, Shinnidan said:

hell! i don't even know how to retrieve a play in the first place.. :Smile_hiding:

doesn't seem easy either since i keep bringing that question...up...no one really answers how to do it.  :Smile_facepalm:

image.png.e8b744158cb41d302017701218c8c828.png

image.png.a55fb7d2bdcfa0fb1532cfbb6be19e3b.png

(if you do have to find the file, you're looking for WorldOfWarships.exe, which is in the games\world_of_warships directory)

After you do this, you can just double-click on a replay from the current version of the game and then watch the battle over again.

• Cool 1