You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
landedkiller

Wikipedia article back to normal

50 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
1,374 posts
3,674 battles

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_of_Warships

"World of Warships has a score of 81% on Metacritic.[19]IGN awarded it a score of 8.3 out of 10, stating that the combat feels good and that the game's teamwork is satisfying.[16]GameSpot awarded it a score of 8.0 out of 10, saying "The thrills that await, along with the promise of unlocking advanced ships down the road, make World of Warships an enticing expedition into the sometimes turbulent waters of free-to-play games."[15

Landedkiller has realized what an idiot he has been and will no longer support the people at that certain conspiracy website for not being civilized and swearing at him. Yes, I made the misguided edits on the Wikipedia page which should have been obvious. Just want Wargaming to find more avenues to make money without resorting to loot boxes all the time.

I am including my comment here on that site as I know Thing 1 likes to delete and edit out comments. Don’t support these people long story short.

E33FF67D-948B-4131-B416-909E842D70C9.png

5C2FB19D-98BF-4659-9E0C-225868043C5E.png

• Cool 5
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 16
  • Angry 2

[REVY]
Members
6,106 posts
5,104 battles
Just now, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

WG making money off people willing to spend it is wrong? :Smile_amazed:

EA making money off people willing to spend it is wrong?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRj28StY_3MVcI-wYrq6Eg

• Cool 4
  • Boring 1

Beta Testers
1,374 posts
3,674 battles
Just now, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

WG making money off people willing to spend it is wrong? :Smile_amazed:

Not wrong, but it is clear that someone has changed the article recently.

Members
2,328 posts
6,561 battles
Just now, landedkiller said:

Not wrong, but it is clear that someone has changed the article recently.

last edit was approx 2-3 hours ago, and the sources added for the Black Friday stuff linked to a antiWG website called exposingwot.com so hardly a non-bias journalistic or academic source

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1

Beta Testers
1,374 posts
3,674 battles
3 minutes ago, 212thAttackBattalion said:

last edit was approx 2-3 hours ago, and the sources added for the Black Friday stuff linked to a antiWG website called exposingwot.com so hardly a non-bias journalistic or academic source

A really bad source is a blog and it needs some encyclopedic  sources to be making all of these claims.

Members
2,328 posts
6,561 battles
1 minute ago, landedkiller said:

A really bad source is a blog and it needs some encyclopedic  sources to be making all of these claims.

took a look through the website, some guy is bragging about altering the WoWs article to add in the Black Friday stuff in the comment sections of one of their articles, so yeah.

MrLsHA7.png

.... 119.jpg

• Cool 4
  • Funny 3

[LOU1]
Members
3,174 posts
8,432 battles

Actually. in several tests the encyclopedias have been less correct than wikipedia.  A result that surprised me.  Normally, entries have to be verified by other sources to be considered fully accepted by wuikipedia.

• Boring 1

[SYN]
Members
7,338 posts
7,771 battles
16 minutes ago, Sventex said:

EA making money off people willing to spend it is wrong?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRj28StY_3MVcI-wYrq6Eg

Yes, because theirs was in fact P2W, WoWs isn't.

• Cool 4
  • Bad 1

[SYN]
Members
7,338 posts
7,771 battles
3 minutes ago, 212thAttackBattalion said:

took a look through the website, some guy is bragging about altering the WoWs article to add in the Black Friday stuff in the comment sections of one of their articles, so yeah.

MrLsHA7.png

.... 119.jpg

Wait, this threads OP is the guy who edited the article?

• Cool 3

Members
2,328 posts
6,561 battles
1 minute ago, ExploratorOne said:

Actually. in several tests the encyclopedias have been less correct than wikipedia.  A result that surprised me.  Normally, entries have to be verified by other sources to be considered fully accepted by wuikipedia.

true, but the problem with wikipedia is the ability for people to edit it to suit their opinions. Hence why controversial topics are locked so only approved people can edit them. I use wikipedia a lot for research, but I use the reference list at the bottom to double check the article in case of shitposting edits that haven't been picked up and for my own reference list :Kappa: .

• Cool 2

[LOU1]
Members
3,174 posts
8,432 battles
1 minute ago, 212thAttackBattalion said:

true, but the problem with wikipedia is the ability for people to edit it to suit their opinions. Hence why controversial topics are locked so only approved people can edit them. I use wikipedia a lot for research, but I use the reference list at the bottom to double check the article in case of shitposting edits that haven't been picked up and for my own reference list :Kappa: .

I definitely agree.  The sources have always been the most valuable part of the articles for me.

Members
479 posts
8,529 battles

It's Wiki,   are we actually pretending that anything written on it means anything?   Especially when it looks like a forum poster added the last half of that paragraph.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[NDA]
Supertester
4,922 posts
14,393 battles

So I got an Atago B from a Black container I earned. I've also got a bunch of premium ships and stuff that I've never had to pay real money for. Does that make me "Pay to Win"?

• Funny 4
  • Boring 2

[SYN]
Members
7,338 posts
7,771 battles
1 minute ago, RedSeaBear said:

So I got an Atago B from a Black container I earned. I've also got a bunch of premium ships and stuff that I've never had to pay real money for. Does that make me "Pay to Win"?

I've seen you play...:Smile_hiding:

Edited by Th3KrimzonD3mon
  • Funny 1

[NDA]
Supertester
4,922 posts
14,393 battles
9 minutes ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

I've seen you play...:Smile_hiding:

There have been days I couldn't Buy a win. 

:Smile_facepalm:

[SYN]
Members
7,338 posts
7,771 battles
Just now, RedSeaBear said:

There have been days I couldn't Buy a win. 

:Smile_facepalm:

Oh, I'm well aware, seeing as I was losing with you. :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1

[-BMV-]
Members
244 posts
14,071 battles
31 minutes ago, 212thAttackBattalion said:

MrLsHA7.png

.... 119.jpg

28 minutes ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

Wait, this threads OP is the guy who edited the article?

fuw5bs.jpg.75995ddba8565e58d0eaee6aeda9f775.jpg

On another news, the FTC is looking at loot boxes now. I wonder what will happen if they actually investigate and legislate the whole thing.

[REVY]
Members
6,106 posts
5,104 battles
1 hour ago, landedkiller said:

MrLsHA7.png

Well if you hoping the edit sticks, the answer would be no.

76Vwi8L.jpg

• Funny 1

[INTEL]
Members
8,838 posts
26,332 battles

17 hours ago, landedkiller said:

World of Warships has had questionable sales practices with selling virtual ships in game and selling Black versions of those same ships.[26][27]

There's nothing questionable about this. The company is clear about pricing, capabilities, and rewards for money spent. Buyers know what they are getting. 

This Wiki article is obviously biased and needs revised. 

• Cool 1

[RKLES]
Members
7,543 posts
9,589 battles
1 hour ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

Yes, because theirs was in fact P2W, WoWs isn't.

To be fair though the Graf Zepplin since it’s Testing  and release has been a little on the pay to win side.With the severe damage it’s AP bombs can cause, plus the secondary guns and hydro for defense. Other than that I would not say the game is pay to win. Hopefully the CV Rework knocks the ship back in line lol.

[RKLES]
Members
7,543 posts
9,589 battles
1 hour ago, ExploratorOne said:

I have a friend who is an Attorney and he was joking with me that he heard that a law student was able to get through law school recently by just using Wikipedia lol. Apparently there are some retired law professors or something that had nothing better to do with their spare time than type up Wikipedia articles.

Now I would not dare use Wikipedia to attempt that with many fields in school, especially with anything medical related since have known some people have died reading bogus internet medical advice instead of what they were told by extremely reputable doctors.  But still hilarious that somebody actually got through law school, still makes me laugh when I think of that story.

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
2,216 posts
3,991 battles
9 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

To be fair though the Graf Zepplin since it’s Testing  and release has been a little on the pay to win side.With the severe damage it’s AP bombs can cause, plus the secondary guns and hydro for defense. Other than that I would not say the game is pay to win. Hopefully the CV Rework knocks the ship back in line lol.

Buying the ship doesn't make you invincible, nor does it give you the skill to use it effectively. I would still be as much of a potato in the GZ as I am in a Hosho.

Where the lootboxes EA does, you can obtain an item that can pretty much make you impossible to defeat, regardless of the lack of skill.

That's the huge difference between a P2W model, and a F2P model.

[RKLES]
Members
7,543 posts
9,589 battles
1 minute ago, Counter_Gambit said:

Buying the ship doesn't make you invincible, nor does it give you the skill to use it effectively. I would still be as much of a potato in the GZ as I am in a Hosho.

Where the lootboxes EA does, you can obtain an item that can pretty much make you impossible to defeat, regardless of the lack of skill.

That's the huge difference between a P2W model, and a F2P model.

Well if a player was quite bad then you are right Graf Zepplin would not help them. But if you take a player that is only ok and they just auto drop and heard to stay away from the most notorious AA ships then the Graf Zepplin has been rather OP to many BBs and even good number of CAs. I can say without a doubt the Zepplin cost me some wins since I was finishing off the last of the enemy ships that were critically low on HP, we had caps, and I had full HP. Normally a CV would only maybe been able to damage me especially with the AA I had making the CV success rather doubtful. But all it took was 1-2 AP bomb hits and I had like 1 to 2k HP left and those near dead ships came out and killed me, rest of my team collapsed as well since they were not in any good shape either.

Was a few other Zepplin incidents as well, and honestly  that thing should never have faced tier 6 ships either since they were hopelessly outmatched by the fact all it took was 1 or 2 AP bomb to drop, much less entire squadrons worth. After a period of time of having BBs hang back we were finally seeing them up on front lines helping out, then the AP bombs arrived and punished any front line BB. Was little frustrating to say the least.

And in other games if you get OP item from loot boxes you usually still need half a brain to use the items unless for some crazy reason the item granted 100% invinciblity, but those items are usually not in multiplayer games lol.