You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Trapster99

Secret to Clan Recruitment

10 comments in this topic

[YETI]
Beta Testers
42 posts
10,804 battles

My clan has 40+ members, most are active.  We have earned oil to have a Level 10 port.

However, the clan struggles to get seven people online for Clan Battles.

So, what is the trick to get active, skilled players for Clan Wars?  The rewards are individualized, based on CW participation.

Where are all the active Clan Wars players??

• Cool 1

[NOBS]
Members
1,119 posts
8,277 battles
18 minutes ago, Trapster99 said:

My clan has 40+ members, most are active.  We have earned oil to have a Level 10 port.

However, the clan struggles to get seven people online for Clan Battles.

So, what is the trick to get active, skilled players for Clan Wars?  The rewards are individualized, based on CW participation.

Where are all the active Clan Wars players??

Same problem in lots of clans

• Cool 1

[BS]
Members
1,587 posts
8,298 battles

I show up every night... I just found out my clan isn't going to be playing this season... ugh

[PQUOD]
Members
2,370 posts
10,220 battles

Real life has a way of keeping people out of clan battles. I work nights so it is a no go for me. I just try to focus on what I can which is random battles, scenarios, weekend events like corgi, pirate, and turkey events

[TIGRB]
Beta Testers
2,601 posts
21,871 battles

Just too many no shows ending in utter disappoint to many of us waiting for that 7th player to show up and never does end of clan battle 

[A-D-F]
Members
1,655 posts

It is even worse when you assemble a team, and the game will not let you enter battle. It pretty much guarantees those players will not bother again.

• Cool 1

[DAKI]
Privateers, Supertester
863 posts
4,828 battles

Having just started a clan, which is relatively new but currently has two teams running in CB here are some tips:

If you want skilled players, you need something to offer them. ie: players of a similar caliber and an already established competitive environment.

An active and involving clan structure which keeps the clan interacting and allows the members to feel close. (Discord is recommended due to the better text facilities but TS works too.)

You need to be honest with yourself. What are your goals, what does your clan currently look like and who are you trying to attract?
Top players tend to only join clans with other top players, ideally looking for active communities. So if you want skilled players, you need skilled players yourself who are active.

To maintain activity, you need to keep your community engaged. 

[ADOPT]
Beta Testers
179 posts
7,932 battles
8 minutes ago, Kaga_Kai_Ni said:

If you want skilled players, you need something to offer them

Are pictures with TopGun's Daki a good incentive to join?

For real though, to get members to play they need a good reason. Some do it for the rewards, the cool clan tag or just to have a bit of fun. It's even more difficult to keep them interested for the entire season. My clan usually fields 3 teams for the first week, but that quickly wanes to 2 and 1.5 as the season drags on. 

• Cool 1

[YETI]
Beta Testers
42 posts
10,804 battles
6 hours ago, Kaga_Kai_Ni said:

If you want skilled players, you need something to offer them. ie: players of a similar caliber and an already established competitive environment.

My clan has an overall positive Win Rate.  We reached Storm (Gold) league each season and made sure that all members who participated in CW got the rewards up to and including Storm League.  The only thing holding us back from higher leagues is regular participation in Clan Battles.  We've got some highly skilled players.

Just can't seem to field enough players per night for a dinky team of 7 players.

• Cool 1