You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
kgh52

5 Atlanta's in one Hermes

49 comments in this topic

[TDRB]
Members
2,956 posts
8,694 battles

Did a few people need to complete the 450 hits with main guns? There were 5 Atlanta's & 2 New Orleans in Operation Hermes. It was hard to see the enemy ships there was so many shells in the air. The enemy DD's & aircraft didn't last long. But we were missing the heavier fire power a BB brings to the team. It was still a fun match.

• Funny 1

[WOLF9]
Members
9,753 posts
4,299 battles

We had four last night.  Didn't make the connection.  (4 stars for damage to Ruan.)

[RLGN]
Members
10,961 posts
20,039 battles

Well; I have heard ‘Just bring Atlanta, or just go home,’ about that Op...

Actually, maybe I will; haven’t played that one at all yet. Forgot KW ended this morning.

[O_O]
Members
1,090 posts
8,596 battles

hell...roll with the ATLs hahaha :cap_rambo::Smile_izmena:

will be funny if everyone was in a her in a match...lol  damn fire nightmare for the enemy...lol :cap_rambo:

Members
1,933 posts
8,442 battles

Atlanta is ridiculously OP in PvE, better than many 6" gunned cruisers. Really should be addressed.

[WOLFC]
Members
480 posts
19,646 battles
10 minutes ago, Gen_Saris said:

Atlanta is ridiculously OP in PvE, better than many 6" gunned cruisers. Really should be addressed.

You keep your mitts off my Atlanta! :Smile-angry:

Her ridiculous guns are balanced by the fact that the shells travel through the stratosphere to reach targets at 10 km or beyond and by the fact that she explodes when a BB so much as farts at her.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[WOLF5]
Members
2,357 posts
2,956 battles

Yeah, ATL is the ship of choice in that op. And 5, well, that's just hilarious. I always love it when an op is full of USN cruisers. The amount of shells in the air is scary, and the AA, yeah, well, good luck bot CV. My frames on the other hand, do not appreciate that many objects in the air at one time.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
6,203 posts
1 hour ago, Shinnidan said:

hell...roll with the ATLs hahaha :cap_rambo::Smile_izmena:

will be funny if everyone was in a her in a match...lol  damn fire nightmare for the enemy...lol :cap_rambo:

Like if everyone brought a Sims to Dynamo....   DONE !

• Funny 1

[NDA]
Supertester
5,232 posts
15,642 battles

Did you say Five Atlantas? 

jmG5Y1M.gif

Was really tempted to post this gif 5 times. But I worried about causing a seizure.

• Funny 1

[WOLF2]
Members
289 posts
5,707 battles

just got cheated out of 5 stars on the op.  Ruan was well off the map and the game waited for it to get torped for 60% of its life before ending

***edit***

second go around and got a 5 star with 122 air craft shot down.  Atlanta is amazing

1856082912_2018-11-2923_38_33-WorldofWarships.thumb.png.0a8f38c0c9f24f0f840d58c5350e6562.png

Edited by LCPL4ever

[CRMSN]
Members
8,337 posts
8,908 battles
2 hours ago, Gen_Saris said:

You leave my PvE ATL alone!!! I'll solo co-op rounds and OPS if I want to! :fish_nerv:

[TDRB]
Members
2,956 posts
8,694 battles
3 hours ago, Rumple010 said:

I cycle through my Lyon, Belfast and Atlanta. Each ship brings something to the table.

I cycle through my New Orleans, Helena, Atlanta, Fuji, Algerie & Lyon. Yes, each ship brings something.

[TDRB]
Members
2,956 posts
8,694 battles
2 hours ago, Gen_Saris said:

I see too many Atlantas depart the match early to be labeled OP in PVE. Player skill is what makes the Atlanta shine in both PVE & PVP.

• Cool 1

[WOLF3]
Members
20,933 posts
19,393 battles

Lots of Cruisers are very good for Hermes, but the problem they have is many of the players that use them are already almost all dead by the half way mark.  They also don't realize that they need to get ahead of Ruan and the BBs and screen, because the Operation wants the BBs to survive.  The Cruisers are actually expendable in this Op.  Towards the last 1/4 of the Op, they need to be out front with Radar, Hydro running and dealing with those DDs and torps.  But that doesn't happen with pick up groups.  They let Ruan tank for them and unsurprisingly, the Op fails.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Members
1,933 posts
8,442 battles
8 hours ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

You leave my PvE ATL alone!!! I'll solo co-op rounds and OPS if I want to! :fish_nerv:

Yep... and thus is the problem with the ship. I have one too and feel dirty after playing it.

[ARGSY]
Members
12,448 posts
7,908 battles
4 minutes ago, Gen_Saris said:

I have one too and feel dirty after playing it.

I don't. I've been on the receiving end far too often to have any  guilt about unleashing that on others. To my credit (if it needs to be), I mainly keep her for main battery, fire and ribbon hit farming tasks in co-op (and the torpedoes sometimes come in handy too).

Members
1,933 posts
8,442 battles
3 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I don't. I've been on the receiving end far too often to have any  guilt about unleashing that on others. To my credit (if it needs to be), I mainly keep her for main battery, fire and ribbon hit farming tasks in co-op (and the torpedoes sometimes come in handy too).

Right... but it's one of those ships in Coop that does so well it hampers other members of the team from being able to earn any rewards, it's too good. 

[ARGSY]
Members
12,448 posts
7,908 battles
3 minutes ago, Gen_Saris said:

it's one of those ships in Coop that does so well it hampers other members of the team from being able to earn any rewards

I've had other Atlantas in the same battle for the same reason cut ME out of the spoils, so I have no guilt about that either. It all comes down to how good your aim is; I haven't yet perfected the art of firing semi-blind over obstacles, and I tend to shoot better when firing salvoes than chain firing.

[WOLF6]
Members
769 posts
4,893 battles
9 hours ago, LCPL4ever said:

just got cheated out of 5 stars on the op.  Ruan was well off the map and the game waited for it to get torped for 60% of its life before ending

***edit***

second go around and got a 5 star with 122 air craft shot down.  Atlanta is amazing

1856082912_2018-11-2923_38_33-WorldofWarships.thumb.png.0a8f38c0c9f24f0f840d58c5350e6562.png

Well that would have helped in my free so grind yesterday

[CRMSN]
Members
8,337 posts
8,908 battles
4 hours ago, Gen_Saris said:

Yep... and thus is the problem with the ship. I have one too and feel dirty after playing it.

I'm trying to come up with a time I've felt dirty for playing ATL in any mode.

Im failing in it, though, failing badly.

• Cool 1

[CRMSN]
Members
8,337 posts
8,908 battles
13 hours ago, LCPL4ever said:

***edit***

So, you shot down all the planes, did you? :cap_rambo:

Members
1,933 posts
8,442 battles
6 minutes ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

I'm trying to come up with a time I've felt dirty for playing ATL in any mode.

Im failing in it, though, failing badly.

In coop when you earn double the XP of the next guy on your team... nobody else had a chance to even play.