Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Major_HardTicket

Replay Bug?

7 comments in this topic

Members
78 posts
2,478 battles

Played a match this morning and, as always, when using DD's, I check the stats on the start screen to see how I stack up in concealment against the enemy DD's...my Benson had the highest concealment at 96...However, during the match, I got detected by multiple DD's and only detected them after they (and a few other ships within range) started to obliterate me (within 15 seconds I was saying hello to Davy Jones)....So, I checked the replay and on the start screen, my ship stats are set to default, as are the enemy ships stats, and my Benson is no longer the highest concealment? Is this normal for the replay tool or is it a bug? There was no radar detection either so I'm really not sure how I was detected and they weren't!

shipstats.jpg

shipstats2.jpg

[WOLF5]
Members
2,357 posts
2,956 battles

The default thing is probably a bug with the replay, lots of those.

For the in game one, first, the ratings are notoriously just wrong. So I wouldn't base much off them. Second, I'm not sure all the other players' data shows up on your tab screen. I think only their default data shows up, while your build is considered. Could be wrong, but I don't think it's 100% accurate.

It's best to know the max concealments for the other DDs. I think the Fletcher, Lo Yang, and Cossack all have very similar or better concealment than you. Hard to say why you got spotted without a replay, if you upload it we can probably say for sure.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Members
11,038 posts
1 hour ago, AJTP89 said:

The default thing is probably a bug with the replay, lots of those.

For the in game one, first, the ratings are notoriously just wrong. So I wouldn't base much off them. Second, I'm not sure all the other players' data shows up on your tab screen. I think only their default data shows up, while your build is considered. Could be wrong, but I don't think it's 100% accurate.

It's best to know the max concealments for the other DDs. I think the Fletcher, Lo Yang, and Cossack all have very similar or better concealment than you. Hard to say why you got spotted without a replay, if you upload it we can probably say for sure.

Oftentimes there is a lag for the ratings to update as in the start of loading often shows the default values and then it updates to the player values. I would imagine the replay might have a similar lag in loading the values or not at all.

Members
78 posts
2,478 battles

The first shot here is from the countdown screen of the replay which is showing the default values of the ship stats instead of the "upgraded stats" that you see while waiting for a real match to start!!!...when you hover the mouse over an enemy ship on the start screen, it shows your ship stats (upgraded depending on modules, sigs, captain's skills) along with that enemy ship stats (also with the upgrades included)….also, I mentioned I wasn't radared, but forgot to mention that there were no planes within range either!!!

Members
78 posts
2,478 battles
Just now, RipNuN2 said:

Oftentimes there is a lag for the ratings to update as in the start of loading often shows the default values and then it updates to the player values. I would imagine the replay might have a similar lag in loading the values or not at all.

yup I noticed that...I always wait for the updated stats to show! The replay won't update, just shows default values!!!

[HINON]
Members
11,038 posts
4 minutes ago, Major_HardTicket said:

yup I noticed that...I always wait for the updated stats to show! The replay won't update, just shows default values!!!

Perhaps replays don't save that data. I honestly never paid attention to those in replays.

• Cool 1

Members
78 posts
2,478 battles
19 hours ago, RipNuN2 said:

Perhaps replays don't save that data. I honestly never paid attention to those in replays.

yea I wouldn't have either but while waiting for the replay to start, I moved my mouse and it brought up the ship stats, I noticed they were different than when I was waiting for the actual battle to start!

Sign in to follow this