You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
DocWalker

PTS 0.7.12 Secret Santa

16 comments in this topic

[WOLFC]
Members
1,436 posts

Completed the FIrst Directive of the "Your Highness" event on the PTS ... one of the rewards was 500 Steel.  :cap_like:

The second reward was a Secret Santa container ... was, underwhelming?, shall I say  ... Oh, the camo is nice. Just thought, you know ...

Hope this doesn't portend a "poor" Christmas.

For those playing the PTS, your result?

Screenshot_1.png

postman.png

Edited by DocWalker
spelling
  • Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
11,958 posts
7,605 battles

PTS rewards are not the same as live server rewards.

The PTS hands out collection items like candy so that the mechanics of the collection can be tested.

It hands out meaningless rewards because the PTS progress is wiped at the end of every patch.

[WOLFC]
Members
1,436 posts
1 minute ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

PTS rewards are not the same as live server rewards.

Thanks, I kind of knew that part ... but it still caught me a little by surprise.  Anyway, hope this year's Christmas crates break the recent trend.

• Cool 1

[TSG4B]
Privateers
2,253 posts
12,111 battles

Normally from the mission, it just a basic crate. It totally different from Premium crates that sold in the Premium shop

And as already mentioned above the contents PTS are different from the Live server

[UFFA]
Members
1,608 posts
68 battles

If anyone spends $400 on Santa crates to get a Stalingrad. Oooh boy. :cap_like:

That was the joke for using loot crates for Salem last year, iirc. I don't think anyone actually got that crazy?

[ARGSY]
Members
11,958 posts
7,605 battles
6 minutes ago, Sparviero said:

That was the joke for using loot crates for Salem last year, iirc. I don't think anyone actually got that crazy?

It was Go Navy premium crates that were giving out coal indirectly (through tokens, which let people buy the in-game crates that delivered coal). People did get that crazy; IIRC the price without a coupon required $500 US to be spent.

[YORHA]
Members
4,201 posts
7,376 battles

Hands up everyone that read the name of that camo as "New Year Steamer".

Yeah... me too.

• Funny 1

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,113 posts
5,922 battles
49 minutes ago, Sparviero said:

some guy spent more than $200 on the crates just for salem.

[BSL]
Members
990 posts
16,303 battles
1 hour ago, Cruxdei said:

some guy spent more than $200 on the crates just for salem.

Don't begrudge those that spend big bucks...they pay for your game.  Besides, he got much more than Salem, ie.  Premium time, camos (lots of them), signals, upgrades, resources, etc...

P.S.  I bought my Salem from coal like most of the rest of us.  But I bet Santa gave me half of my premium boats, and all my premium time (down to 200 days now).  He will also give me most of those boats I'm still missing...cuase I don't buy anything but doubloons (usually), util Santa.  

P.S.S.  I'm still sitting on so many frosty fir camos .....

Edited by BearlyHereBear
  • Cool 1

[UFFA]
Members
1,608 posts
68 battles
18 minutes ago, BearlyHereBear said:

Don't begrudge those that spend big bucks...they pay for your game.  Besides, he got much more than Salem, ie.  Premium time, camos (lots of them), signals, upgrades, resources, etc...

P.S.  I bought my Salem from coal like most of the rest of us.  But I bet Santa gave me half of my premium boats, and all my premium time (down to 200 days now).  He will also give me most of those boats I'm still missing...cuase I don't buy anything but doubloons (usually), util Santa.  

lol indeed

[YORHA]
Members
4,201 posts
7,376 battles
26 minutes ago, BearlyHereBear said:

Finally finished last years haul last month.  If I never see one again it will be two weeks too soon.

Edited by JCC45

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,113 posts
5,922 battles
56 minutes ago, BearlyHereBear said:

i pay for my game too,i just found it too excessive just for a "nerfed" tier10 tech tree ship.

[WOLF9]
Members
9,417 posts
4,243 battles
20 minutes ago, Sparviero said:

Tier X ships are hidden behind coal/steel on PTS. So that makes sense.

Barely hidden.  Half of them are for 400 Coal - one Resources container.  The other half are for 400 Steel, the one mission.

I got Des Moines (Coal) in one Tier 1 battle.  Montana (Steel) will take a Tier 6.

[UFFA]
Members
1,608 posts
68 battles
36 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

Barely hidden.  Half of them are for 400 Coal - one Resources container.  The other half are for 400 Steel, the one mission.

I got Des Moines (Coal) in one Tier 1 battle.  Montana (Steel) will take a Tier 6.

Easily accessed via an alternate menu sound better? /s