Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
5ang

Avg Battles Turkey Event

23 comments in this topic

[BS]
Alpha Tester
422 posts
3,321 battles

So what was our over all average on the Turkey accounts, did not see this anywhere in the forums and doesn't the rewards stack i thought from previous tier?

[BS]
Alpha Tester
422 posts
3,321 battles
2 minutes ago, Tom_Greg said:

Same, just checked mine and I could have sworn the number we came up with on Discord was 71 and change. 

I thought it was to and Fem just posted this after my post 

[SRBL]
Members
131 posts
2 minutes ago, 5ang said:

I thought it was to and Fem just posted this after my post 

Damn, how could we be off by 10 games from what we were calculating on Discord to the final numbers? I can't imagine the disqualified battles for playing before the event would lower it that much. Someone did bad math somewhere. 

[NDA]
Supertester
4,913 posts
14,310 battles

Half way through the event it occurred to me that the Turkey Fleet was handed a "Group Project" over the holidays and that the rewards would be determined by how the worst turkeys among us did.

Conclusions: I hate Group Projects. Played 140 battles, only surviving 7 times and yet I have this sour taste from the event called "Group Average Battles". 

:Smile-angry:

[SQUAD]
[SQUAD]
Members
9 posts
6,362 battles

" ** There were several Turkeys who broke event rules and played before the event started, these battles were not counted towards the Average Battles Number. ** "

Ouch, the whole flock got punished. :Smile_playing:

[-SF-]
Members
152 posts
2,648 battles

Group average wasn't a great idea. Still has cracking weekend playing a turkey. 

[SRBL]
Members
131 posts
7 minutes ago, _StuG said:

" ** There were several Turkeys who broke event rules and played before the event started, these battles were not counted towards the Average Battles Number. ** "

Ouch, the whole flock got punished. :Smile_playing:

Maybe we need clarification on that, all their battles or just the early ones?

Edited by Tom_Greg

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
1,926 posts
10,381 battles

If turkey put effort and played over 10 battles as minimum and working toward the "group average" it is great. But don't forget there were several turkey not even play 10 battles

[SRBL]
Members
131 posts
1 minute ago, ObiphanKenobi said:

If turkey put effort and played over 10 battles as minimum and working toward the "group average" it is great. But don't forget there were several turkey not even play 10 battles

Actually, the ones who did only a little over 10 battles hurt the average more than the ones who didn't hit 10 because those weren't factored into the total. 

• Cool 1

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
1,926 posts
10,381 battles
1 minute ago, Tom_Greg said:

Actually, the ones who did only a little over 10 battles hurt the average more than the ones who didn't hit 10 because those weren't factored into the total. 

as a minimum and working toward the "group average" <-- (also understood that players had real life commitment and family time required over the thanksgiving period)

I hate it when ppl apply for the event and not even try to commit to achieve common goal. It leave other players who really wanted to participate in the event missed out. But hey, if turkey were selected and did not play or played less then 10 battle, that turkey missed out the whole fun, and the idea of WoWs trying to gives (playing ships that you don't have in the main account). Missed out the prizes. I hope Femenenly keep the record and next event if the same turkey apply who did not even bother, please don't select that person/s 

[SRBL]
Members
131 posts
1 minute ago, ObiphanKenobi said:

as a minimum and working toward the "group average" <-- (also understood that players had real life commitment and family time required over the thanksgiving period)

I hate it when ppl apply for the event and not even try to commit to achieve common goal. It leave other players who really wanted to participate in the event missed out. But hey, if turkey were selected and did not play or played less then 10 battle, that turkey missed out the whole fun, and the idea of WoWs trying to gives (playing ships that you don't have in the main account). Missed out the prizes. I hope Femenenly keep the record and next event if the same turkey apply who did not even bother, please don't select that person/s 

The group average we were hoping to achieve was 80, so while I understand RL happens it would have been better for those who were only going to be at 10 or slightly higher to not play. It killed the hard work guys who played 200-300 games did.

• Cool 1

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
1,926 posts
10,381 battles
5 minutes ago, Tom_Greg said:

The group average we were hoping to achieve was 80, so while I understand RL happens it would have been better for those who were only going to be at 10 or slightly higher to not play. It killed the hard work guys who played 200-300 games did.

1st - oh well, some time you just have to except the result even it not what you hoping to get your result

2nd - it not worth it as - turkey/turkey killer had fun.

3rd - we all get the prize - yes we may not get all the prize but whatever is already enough

4th - as a turkey I played an acnt with ships I don't have in my main acnt, that enough, with cream on top 3 days premium extra is appreciated and 500 doubloons? oh my I will save them for the 75% port slot on sale (wink wink WoWs please make this possible like last year)

4th - a - I tried my best to make everyone during the event having fun with turkey, and of course make it hard or make player working hard on killing me for the prize

4th - b - I have a chance to make different capt setting and reset them and trial and error on the turkey acnt without spending really doubloon my main acnt, so that when I reach that certain ship in the future I know what to do, FOR FREE

5th - everyone have fun, appreciate the prize we got so far, it is cream on top already

• Cool 1

[-TXT-]
Members
429 posts
9,880 battles

wait wait you guy are mad because you only got 500 gold and 3 P days lol. Think about guy like me that kill some of you turkey and only getting 100 Gold per kill. Were as IF do the same on WOT and get 250 a kill lol

• Bad 1

[-WC-]
Members
23 posts
14,099 battles

Hey, any group project is going to have slackers.  In the event followup I suggested they do future event rewards hierarchically rather than using the average.  That way everybody gets rewarded according to the level of effort  they invest.  That would not adversely affect the participation levels at all, and it would probably improve them.  And it's just not that hard to construct a query to do the scoring.

Regardless of which, I had fun and enjoyed  the event, did 103 games and got pretty nicely rewarded.  Could have been better, but the rules were pretty clear from the start.  I got what they said I would get and I'm cool with that.

[LOU1]
Members
3,152 posts
8,378 battles

The minute I saw that some of us played before the official start time, I figured that was the reason.  I seem to remember that when I was a Corgi, we couldn't enter battle before the time - I seem to recollect one or two players asking why they couldn't enter battle and the answer was that it was before the time.  Without knowing how many battles were involved it is hard to say.  There is also the consideration that turkeys that violated the rules more than once were removed - that would probably include all of their battles :cap_fainting:

• Cool 1

[NDA]
Supertester
4,913 posts
14,310 battles
2 hours ago, warp103 said:

wait wait you guy are mad because you only got 500 gold and 3 P days lol. Think about guy like me that kill some of you turkey and only getting 100 Gold per kill. Were as IF do the same on WOT and get 250 a kill lol

Its not about being unappreciative of the rewards we got. Its about what we didn't get, 25k Coal and a Black Friday box for averaging 70 games. We had a captain running the numbers during the event keeping track of the Turkey Fleet average battles. Several captains, myself included, played a lot of games to make up for those who couldn't play as much. It was a grind and Sunday night we kept playing until we had 70 average battles. Than today we learned that some players had been kicked for not following the rules which lowered our fleet average. 

So yeah some of us are a bit miffed and would like to remove the tail feathers of a few turkeys. 

• Cool 1

[-TXT-]
Members
429 posts
9,880 battles
1 hour ago, RedSeaBear said:

Its not about being unappreciative of the rewards we got. Its about what we didn't get, 25k Coal and a Black Friday box for averaging 70 games. We had a captain running the numbers during the event keeping track of the Turkey Fleet average battles. Several captains, myself included, played a lot of games to make up for those who couldn't play as much. It was a grind and Sunday night we kept playing until we had 70 average battles. Than today we learned that some players had been kicked for not following the rules which lowered our fleet average. 

So yeah some of us are a bit miffed and would like to remove the tail feathers of a few turkeys. 

sorry but it not about you guys lol. It about the player base. The rewards that you got outclass what the player base got for killing you. Again Wot another WG company give 250 to the player for killing the sheriffs. So I think 500 and 3p seem like more then enough . Specially if you were going to play anyway.

Some Sound really unappreciative. I am not saying all of you but................

• Bad 1

[SYN]
Members
14,618 posts
10,927 battles

Eh, who knows, maybe the next group event will omit players who were leeching or breaking rules.

[F4E]
[F4E]
Members
135 posts
10,421 battles
3 hours ago, warp103 said:

sorry but it not about you guys lol. It about the player base. The rewards that you got outclass what the player base got for killing you. Again Wot another WG company give 250 to the player for killing the sheriffs. So I think 500 and 3p seem like more then enough . Specially if you were going to play anyway.

Some Sound really unappreciative. I am not saying all of you but................

Turkeys are the player base too. They were derived from that player base.The event was about both. I was one of the many who stayed on discord to help try to increase our average. "If I was going to play anyway" Okay so, I played 100+ games. How many objectives would I have finished? How many crates would I have opened during those days? Which adds oil for my clans base improvements BTW. What could I have possibly gotten out of those crates? How much more XP would I have earned? How much further along with those enhanced mods I working on would I be? The two captains I'm working on how many more points would one or both be further along on? I personally, as did many others, gave all those sort of things up to get ran down shot at constantly for the target that we announced we had on us at battle start for said player base. I can see where some of their disgruntle itch is coming from. Was it all worth it? For me yes. If other hunter/turkey alike had half the fun I did they're still smiling about it telling a few battle stories. For me though it was just being able to meet, talk and play with other people in a game we all enjoy that normally I would never had a chance to. That was my reward regardless of any in game prize given out. But kind Sir, to even think these rewards were lop-sided is just...…   And if you think Wot is better than by all means. 

Edited by HyPHerFaZe
spelling
  • Cool 1

[SRBL]
Members
131 posts
4 hours ago, HyPHerFaZe said:

Was it all worth it? For me yes.

I still enjoyed myself and the 100+ battles I played and I certainly would do it again. That doesn't make me any less curious on the final numbers and how they differed by pretty much 10 games from what we were all discussing on Discord. 

Edited by Tom_Greg

[LOU1]
Members
3,152 posts
8,378 battles
12 hours ago, warp103 said:

Just about all of us volunteered for this event to give to the player base.  Each battle I was in was a narrow line between helping my team win and giving out a prize to the reds by getting killed.  While there were a small number of Turkeys/Pirates/Corgis that yolo’d into the enemy most of us played through the battles.

The bad feelings most likely are due to the time involvement.  The comment has been made that we would be playing anyway.  That is true, but it would have been for far less time.  Personally, I would have used mostly PvE to accomplish missions.  If you do the math, you will see what a time commitment 100+ games would be.  I averaged 5 games/hour with a 58% WR and a 1.1 K/D ratio.  That is about 23 hours of play over three days and an evening.  There are players that did 150 to over 200 battles.  200 battles is 40 hours - a full work week.  They rarely slept or took a break throughout the event.  Granted, that was their choice, but that is what team mates do.

So, the sadness is not really about the reward itself.  It is more about going all out for a goal and having a few players make it useless in terms of that goal.  What makes up for a lot of the hurt feelings is the silver lining that we got to give out more rewards.  I would do it all again (and will if selected) just for the enjoyment I got out of the entire experience, especially being a part of the giving back.

Edited by ExploratorOne

[-TXT-]
Members
429 posts
9,880 battles
On 11/30/2018 at 10:37 AM, ExploratorOne said:

Just about all of us volunteered for this event to give to the player base.  Each battle I was in was a narrow line between helping my team win and giving out a prize to the reds by getting killed.  While there were a small number of Turkeys/Pirates/Corgis that yolo’d into the enemy most of us played through the battles.

The bad feelings most likely are due to the time involvement.  The comment has been made that we would be playing anyway.  That is true, but it would have been for far less time.  Personally, I would have used mostly PvE to accomplish missions.  If you do the math, you will see what a time commitment 100+ games would be.  I averaged 5 games/hour with a 58% WR and a 1.1 K/D ratio.  That is about 23 hours of play over three days and an evening.  There are players that did 150 to over 200 battles.  200 battles is 40 hours - a full work week.  They rarely slept or took a break throughout the event.  Granted, that was their choice, but that is what team mates do.

So, the sadness is not really about the reward itself.  It is more about going all out for a goal and having a few players make it useless in terms of that goal.  What makes up for a lot of the hurt feelings is the silver lining that we got to give out more rewards.  I would do it all again (and will if selected) just for the enjoyment I got out of the entire experience, especially being a part of the giving back.

sorry but  that is a choice to play 200 battles. Like at time to moment WOT is giving a way a tier 8 tank destroyer {70 dollats} if you  do the 230k base xp in 10 days.   IF you are not guarantee  X prize then you make that mistake. So  the guys that are QQ about it. Should not be mad at the guys, that were ok with just doing the 60 battles. Ok had RL issue come up. Again I have seen guy mad saying if you were not going to go all out they should not have signed up.\

To the player that are not mad about it . thank for playing and giving up your time

Sign in to follow this