Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
The_Grand_One

Arizona camo change

12 comments in this topic

[5IN]
Members
70 posts
14,767 battles

A couple of updates ago. It’s now more historically accurate now. It only had 3  turrets with  the red paint. 

Edited by TAM_OH
  • Cool 1

[5IN]
Members
70 posts
14,767 battles

It will be interesting to see if the West Virginia gets its historic 1941 Black-Black-Red turret paint. 

Edited by TAM_OH

[NUWES]
Members
1,724 posts
5,924 battles

Did they add the catapult to X turret? If so, that is probably when the change happened. I haven't played my Arizona in a bit. 

Members
249 posts
2,516 battles
57 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

Isn’t her deck color still incorrect?

Yes, it's still the war time grey. They also need to give Turret #3 its catapult.

Members
98 posts
4,143 battles
3 hours ago, TwoOfFour said:

Yes, it's still the war time grey. They also need to give Turret #3 its catapult.

Don't have my references handy, but in June or September of '41 the USN issued camo instructions that added painting decks a dark grey. Deck Blue came later, after the war had begun.

Not all ships had made the change by Dec. '41, but the overhead aerial shots of Battleship Row during the Pearl Harbor attack show most if not all of the BBs with dark decks. The large light-colored areas at bow and stern of some ships (California, for instance) are white canvas sun shades.

The blue WG uses for the Arizona's vertical surfaces is too light, but it is nice that they at least have the overall  camo details and turret tops right. I too am hoping West Virginia will be able to use this same camo scheme when she is released. :Smile_glasses:

Sign in to follow this