You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
paradat

Decmber missions and Dreadnought

43 comments in this topic

[WAIFU]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
13,556 posts
5,666 battles

I know Dreadnought can be earned for free. Never heard of Dreadnaught, is that an unreleased premium? :Smile-_tongue:

[-K-]
Members
6,598 posts
10,949 battles
17 minutes ago, paradat said:

December missions are up. 

Crap tons of Coal

Maybe they are backhandedly encouraging people to exhaust their coal stockpiles pick up Musashi and/or Kronshtadt before they are gone?

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
8,608 posts
12,126 battles
1 minute ago, Ace_04 said:

Maybe they are backhandedly encouraging people to exhaust their coal stockpiles pick up Musashi and/or Kronshtadt before they are gone?

I recommend that. Get both of them if you can ASAP! 

[-K-]
Members
6,598 posts
10,949 battles
Just now, paradat said:

I recommend that. Get both of them if you can ASAP! 

Nah, I'm good.  Already have Yamato, so no need to expend coal on a slightly neutered version.

Kronshtadt doesn't really offer me any new compelling style of gameplay outside of what already exists, so I'll pass on that one too.

Will keep saving coal for (hopefully) some kind of unique coal ship in the future.

• Cool 1

[A-D-F]
Members
1,655 posts

I hope the Dreadnaught mission is supposed to reset like the legendary upgrades, otherwise I see a small problem. You need to complete 40 of 62 missions, that I am guessing will drop daily or every couple days like the Indianapolis death march, but have only 31 days to complete them.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
8,608 posts
12,126 battles
Just now, Ace_04 said:

Nah, I'm good.  Already have Yamato, so no need to expend coal on a slightly neutered version.

Kronshtadt doesn't really offer me any new compelling style of gameplay outside of what already exists, so I'll pass on that one too.

Will keep saving coal for (hopefully) some kind of unique coal ship in the future.

Slightly neutered version a tier lower that makes lots of money. If you like Yamato you will love Musashi. 

Kronshtadt offers pretty cool battle cruiser game play but yeah not for everyone.

[WAIFU]
13,556 posts
5,666 battles
5 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Personally I already got Musashi, and Kron doesn't interest me. Saving up for Maybe Alaska or possibly Azuma for now.

[-K-]
Members
6,598 posts
10,949 battles
3 minutes ago, paradat said:

Slightly neutered version a tier lower that makes lots of money. If you like Yamato you will love Musashi. 

Kronshtadt offers pretty cool battle cruiser game play but yeah not for everyone.

Missouri makes even more credits, so I would never rely on Musashi for that.  I'd rather use the full-strength Yamato for that Musashi style of play.

• Cool 1

[RTXN]
Beta Testers
947 posts
3 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

100% agree.

Have switched to try your luck containers in hope for khron or Musashi - already have enough coal for JB (therefore any other coal ship) but cant stand the gameplay of her sister Richelieu.  Already have Missouri so have no problems earning credits.

Rather focus on getting Yamato and saving for Alaska.

• Cool 1

[WOLF5]
2,602 posts
33,858 battles

It actually seems like we get less coal this month.  The daily missions for December 8, 12, and 18 do not have the usual coal reward.

[WOLF5]
2,602 posts
33,858 battles
31 minutes ago, Doombeagle said:

I hope the Dreadnaught mission is supposed to reset like the legendary upgrades, otherwise I see a small problem. You need to complete 40 of 62 missions, that I am guessing will drop daily or every couple days like the Indianapolis death march, but have only 31 days to complete them.

The 40 of 62 missions that you need to complete are the daily missions.  The daily missions reset each day so every day you will have a chance to complete 2 daily missions.  So if you do both of them every day, you will only need 20 days to get the ship out of the 31 days they give you.

• Cool 1

[ICOP]
Members
1,068 posts
3,913 battles

Pretty much do 1 every day Mon to Fri and 2 each day on Sat & Sun, should get you the 40 required.

Edited by Junostorm

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
8,608 posts
12,126 battles
53 minutes ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

I know Dreadnought can be earned for free. Never heard of Dreadnaught, is that an unreleased premium? :Smile-_tongue:

Thanks, fixed. 

[GAMMA]
Members
826 posts
13,653 battles
3 minutes ago, FirestormMk3 said:

I'll be interested to see how hard those Dreadnought missions are.  That's what I'll be most interested in.

You and me both. I noted when I read that news article it said how many missions we had to do, but not what they were.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
8,608 posts
12,126 battles
39 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Missouri makes even more credits, so I would never rely on Musashi for that.  I'd rather use the full-strength Yamato for that Musashi style of play.

No worries you should do that. I like to play all three. For me they all provide a different experience. Agreed Musashi and Yamato overlap a lot except for that occasional tier 9 battle with tier 7 ships.... <evil grin>

Yes Missouri earns more, with Musashi you sort of get a bit of both at the same time and a second first win bonus everyday on your Yamato captain.

Members
246 posts
7,303 battles

Dreadnought is a Tier III Premium, I figure it will be no tougher than what we had to do to gain Vampire. I'm curious to know what's going to happen after the next update - the return of Santa Crates?

[A-I-M]
Members
1,878 posts
10,118 battles
1 hour ago, paradat said:

December missions are up. 

Crap tons of Coal and the details on earning Dreadnought for free.

Not crap tons, just the daily crap. Those numbers are cumulative totals of the daily mission chains for each week. Only 400 coal more than November, and that is due to December being one day longer than November.

1 hour ago, Doombeagle said:

It's the daily missions. Two come out every day, to be completed that day, just like all the other dailies we've had since June. Unless they tell us otherwise, it's the daily get 250XP. 500 XP, 1000XP and win, etc., routine. The difference is, in prior months, you had to pile up 20 wins over a month to get the "hard" reward of flags. Now, you gotta get 40 to pick up the Dreadnought.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
8,608 posts
12,126 battles
12 minutes ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

Not crap tons, just the daily crap. Those numbers are cumulative totals of the daily mission chains for each week. Only 400 coal more than November, and that is due to December being one day longer than November.

I only meant that if you do it all that is a lot of coal. On top of the three crates per day. 

So missions and Royal navy stages will give you a total of 22,400 coal.

If you average 500 coal total from the daily crates that is another 15,500

Yes we get a crap ton of coal every month if you are active.

Seems to me Like I get a lot more than that over a month.  

[A-I-M]
Members
1,878 posts
10,118 battles
9 minutes ago, paradat said:

I only meant that if you do it all that is a lot of coal. On top of the three crates per day. 

Yes we get a crap ton of coal every month if you are active. 

That's fine.

Back when they first started touting the dailies in this format (September?), some folks initially thought those weekly totals were an additional bonus you got if you did them all. Just wanting to avert any misconceptions that it's Christmas in...Jul...errrrrrr...December.

Edited by MannyD_of_The_Sea
frikking sloppy proofreading

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
8,608 posts
12,126 battles
1 minute ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

That's fine.

Back when they first started touting the dailies in this format (September?), some folks initially thought those weekly totals were an additional bonus you got of you did them all. Just wanting to avert any misconceptions that it's Christmas in...Jul...errrrrrr...December.

Ah got it, yeah good to point that out.

[A-I-M]
Members
1,878 posts
10,118 battles
3 minutes ago, paradat said:

Ah got it, yeah good to point that out.

In practical terms, I think it's harder than it looks, just because it is December and holidays. Well, it is if you have family responsibilities. If you're off school/college, hey, have at it.

I generally get done somewhere between 20/30 of the 60-62 dailies available in a given month. I have family coming in for this weekend, so scratch this Friday/Saturday/Sunday. My boss at work is throwing a Christmas party later in the month, so write off one more evening. Ten days off late in the month, but it's going to be filled with lots of travel to relatives, so...

High likelihood I won't make it over the finish line. Glad it's only a Tier 3.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
8,608 posts
12,126 battles
11 minutes ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

In practical terms, I think it's harder than it looks, just because it is December and holidays. Well, it is if you have family responsibilities. If you're off school/college, hey, have at it.

I generally get done somewhere between 20/30 of the 60-62 dailies available in a given month. I have family coming in for this weekend, so scratch this Friday/Saturday/Sunday. My boss at work is throwing a Christmas party later in the month, so write off one more evening. Ten days off late in the month, but it's going to be filled with lots of travel to relatives, so...

High likelihood I won't make it over the finish line. Glad it's only a Tier 3.

Yep we all only have 24 hrs in a day. 

I all ready have the ship so no pressure for me.  I will have lots of family activities this season but should be able to get a little play time in the early mornings or late evenings.

Good news is that you get two a day. So I should be done before we get into the holiday activities. Only need 40 missions done and you get 2 a day so... Meh I will be done by the 20th of December.